• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

rossachu

Reaction score
Just feel like asking what would be interesting for new pokemon.

I came up with:

Litholmo, Rock type evolution of Magcargo, looks like a rock pile with eyes and no limbs

Bamzoo, the Bamboo pokemon. Appears to be an arthropod made of Bamboo.
Grass type. Attacks include Slash, Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf and Cut.

Pyroserow, a Fire type resembling a goat. Lives on volcanic slopes, feeding on barbequed remains of pokemon foolish enough to climb the volcano.

Sparkleast, the preevolution of Plusle and Minun. A Normal type pokemon whose evolution is based on its attack and defense stats at level 15.
+ attack = Plusle
+ defense = Minun

Finally, an unnamed oddity: a Rock type that evolves into a Normal/Flying type.

Starts out looking like a stone chicken with a serpent's tail, then ends up as a toucan/hornbill sort of a pokemon.

(I don't have access to a scanner so I can't send in these in picture form, sorry.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I've said before I'd like to see four legendary pokemon based on the four Chinese gods (Tortoise, Phoenix, Dragon, Tiger).

I also would like to see a swan pokemon.

And a colorful/graceful bird-of-prey of some kind that would fit my original character. Powerful, but small enough to fit on someone's shoulder. Long tail. Has psychic-type attacks, but doesn't necessarily have to be a psychic-type.

I want another plain Rock type. Something urban and industrious. Maybe that wall demon that Thwomp was based on.

And more pokemon with the formula of "Animal+Concept, " less "Animal" or "Animal+Element" such as the swan and goat pokemon previously mentioned.

I've been drawing evolutions for Eevee in Geometry because that class bored me to death.

Moon Stone - some Normal evo

Leaf Stone - some Grass evo or maybe a Grass/Poison evo. I have a cool drawing of it, but I think it's in my locker at school. It had a really cool tail, kind of like a flower that hasn't bloomed yet with little pollen things comming out of it (I think those are called stomata, if I remember correctly from bio last year). I like the name Iveeon.

Sun Stone - I guess it would be a Grass evo, but I'm still working on this one.

Metal Coat - some Steel evo that would look sleek and awsome. I kind of like the name "Ironeon" (pronounced I-RON-EE-ON).

Dragon Scale - some pure Dragon evo. That would be awsome. I kind of like the name "Dragoneon" (pronounced DRAG-ON-EE-ON).

I was also thinking of Pokémon that you can get by maxing out Cool/Smart/Tough/Cute. Milotic is the incarnate of Beauty, so I'm thinking about Pokémon that would be the incarnate of Coolness, Smartness, Toughness, and Cuteness.

Image that just popped into my head - a mix between a goat and a tortoise. How's that for random?

I would want a New Pokemon that was like an extict Dinosaur, like a Velociraptor that has the elements of Fire or they make a new type as Dinosaur, then the raptor evolves into a T-rex with small wings that can't be used to fly with the types of Dinosaur/Fire then that evolves into a Dragon with Fire that can fly aswell.

I was bored so I made your first idea,

pokemonthingykq4.png

And a colorful/graceful bird-of-prey of some kind that would fit my original character. Powerful, but small enough to fit on someone's shoulder. Long tail. Has psychic-type attacks, but doesn't necessarily have to be a psychic-type.

A Peacock with a possesed tail, it would be Flying/Ghost of course.

I want to have a snowman, maybe ice/fighting, with some punching ability.

What about a Heracross evo with huge pincers adorning its mouth? I call it...Heraclaw! It will be able to learn attacks like Vicegrip and Guillotine.

my ideas

i have some new deas for pokemon here are some:

Cerohorn - small rhinocerostype pokemon Evolves into
Cerostomp - large rhinoceros type pokemon Lv. 30

Gobo - wolf type pokemon black and white fur evolves into
Gobin - wolf type pokemon black and white fur vicious fangs Lv. 25

Amphison - frog type pokemon evolves into
Amphitox - poison frog type pokemon Lv. 25

tell me what you guys think

I thought of a new one, Parasoul, a Kasa-obaka (did I spell that right? You know, the umbrella ghost?)

It would be Ghost/Water.

We already have them in Greggle and Dokurog.

A Meowth pre-evo.

We need a Kitten Pokemon. Badly. And I don't know why, after 4 generations, we can have a new line of Cat Pokemon entirely, but still no pre evo of what has to be the second most popular Pokemon out there.

You want a Meowth pre-evolution? Cute! Way back around 2000 I designed a Persian evolution -called Persathy- beceause it has thin stripes on its coat like the thylecines (or "Tasmanian Tigers) who lived in south Australia until the first half of the 20th century. It has psycic ablities as well as steel, since there is a large blade at the end of it's tail.

Also, we need more Ice types! No more of this Seel Swinub Spheal stuff, I'm talking about sleek and elegant ice (and not ice/water) types. Articuno and dewgong must be tired of being the only beautiful ones in thier element!

i have some new deas for pokemon here are some:

Cerohorn - small rhinocerostype pokemon Evolves into
Cerostomp - large rhinoceros type pokemon Lv. 30

Gobo - wolf type pokemon black and white fur evolves into
Gobin - wolf type pokemon black and white fur vicious fangs Lv. 25

tell me what you guys think

I think you need a couple of original ideas.

Your first ones, probably too close to Rhyhorn/Don
Your second, Poochyena and Mightyena right down to the level
Your third, a little too close to Gregguru and Dokorogu.
If you try again, just think of what it'll look like and make sure it's not like any others.

A regular FLYING TYPE ONLY would be nice... We got so close to Perap, but it had to come out as a Normal/Flying!!! The closest we'll ever get to Flying-type Poke's are Aruseus, Kecleon and the Porygon evolution chain...

We already have a grass evolution for Eevee, Leafia. It's cute, but it needs a better name. Foleon. Ha ha ha...

ANYwho....

A Persian evo would be rather nice, as would a pure Flying type. I've played with original Poke's myself, and I can't help but wonder: if there's a Dark type, WHY NOT A LIGHT? I'm not sure, but it might come up in the fifth gen. >_O

I've come up with an Ice Legendary. His (that's right, he's a BOY! NOT genderless!) name's Famaer, and he's an Ice wolf. He's pretty fluffy, cream colored and bluish white fur with stripes around his back, face and appendages. He also has tufts of fur, like a lynx or caracal. I love him.

A Dragon type Eevee would be bitchin, but unlikely.

Question: Do you consider Eevee and its evos to be canine or feline? Cause I've heard it either way. o.0

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom