• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Well, like Winstein said, we don't have a grass-type bird yet. Plus, I've wanted to design one for awhile.

Wouldn't it have to be Grass/Flying in order to be a grass bird? Or I guess you could give it levitate, but still...

Ahem. A hyena Pokémon. It would be Dark-type with strong attack (since hyenas are strong hunters). I would catch three and name them after the Lion King trio.
A new shark, with Dark/Water and much, much better than Sharpedo is. And a pseudo-legendaries in the form of Microraptor->Velociraptor->Utahraptor, with Dragon/Rock and massive attack and speed stats. Rock/Dragon would probably make it pretty frail, though...

Wouldn't it have to be Grass/Flying in order to be a grass bird? Or I guess you could give it levitate, but still...

No, not all birds fly. The current bird starters are flightless birds, for example. And like someone pointed out earlier, peafowls aren't the best fliers, so it really wouldn't learn that many flying type moves anyway. Probably only Peck, Drill Peck, and Roost.

I think we need a Donkey Pokemon, its a common animal and we dont have one of it out of 649 Pokemon.

Ahem. A hyena Pokémon. It would be Dark-type with strong attack (since hyenas are strong hunters). I would catch three and name them after the Lion King trio.
A new shark, with Dark/Water and much, much better than Sharpedo is. And a pseudo-legendaries in the form of Microraptor->Velociraptor->Utahraptor, with Dragon/Rock and massive attack and speed stats. Rock/Dragon would probably make it pretty frail, though...

what about Mightyena?
how bout a pumpkin pokemon (Grass type) to a jack-o-lantern, I know that this has been said, but it would have two forms and a would change between the two depending on the time. during the night it would have it's candle on and would be a fire grass type, and during the day the light would be off and be a grass dark type.

there could also be a tree pokemon, that if evolved during the day would become a fire/grass type and during the night a dark grass type

The jack o lantern pokemon idea is prolly one of my favorites. I don't think a fire/grass type has ever been considered.

I also feel like the game needs a psychic/dark type....its a really interesting combination that hasn't been used. Maybe it could be some sort of evil toy? Like a jack in the box?

Ooh, yeah, I'll design one of those too! I'm going to make it ghost/grass though. That sounds more fitting, imo. I'm calling it Jackorn. A shortening of "jack-o-lantern." :3

I also feel like the game needs a psychic/dark type....its a really interesting combination that hasn't been used. Maybe it could be some sort of evil toy? Like a jack in the box?

there is a fan fic (and a really good one at that that) had a dark/psychic fake pokemon here's a link to the bio

what about Mightyena?

Mightyena's a dog, not a hyena. Although I can see the name in the mon name, but Mightyena quite simply does not look like a spotted hyena (those are the right ones, right?).

what about Mightyena?

Mightyena's a dog, not a hyena. Although I can see the name in the mon name, but Mightyena quite simply does not look like a spotted hyena (those are the right ones, right?).

I can see the difference and we could use a better hyena like pokemon then Mightyena

what about Mightyena?

There are different subspecies of Hyena, so Mightyena could be based off of either one of them.

That was my point. Mightyena is one kind of hyena. A different hyena could be a different kind of hyena. We do have more than one kind of frog or spider, after all.

I just got one, how about a pokemon based on a troll, the under the bridge kind, not the internet kind. It could be a grass/dark type or something

I just got one, how about a pokemon based on a troll, the under the bridge kind, not the internet kind. It could be a grass/dark type or something

Wouldn't that be a more water/dark? The idea's unique though, and I like it.

Pre-evo for bouffalant and Tauros and Miltank, a calf Pokemon with 2 tails and a small afro and pink in colour. Evolves into Tauros by trading holding the fluffy tail, and into Bouffalant with the Power Afro when traded. It evolves into miltank with MooMoo Milk when traded.

I need help with this one, a fire/ ice type based on the concept that it's so cold it burns. I have no Idea what it would look like though.

I need help with this one, a fire/ ice type based on the concept that it's so cold it burns. I have no Idea what it would look like though.

An Igloo Pokemon, because despite being made of ice Igloos are surprisingly warm inside (especially with a fireplace).

I was thinking that their could be a pokemon designed and based around a mini supernova. It could possibly be an evolution of solrock? But I don't think it's necessary. It would be 'The Nova Pokemon' and its type could be fire and ghost or psychic. It could look similar to a spiritomb which reminds of a black hole in a way. I really like this idea so if someone would be nice enough to reply back to add to it, I would be thankful.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom