• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Ice/Fighting based on a yeti.
Ghost/Fighting based on some kind of wraith or undead warrior
Grass/Fire killer chili pepper with chlorophyll as one of its abilities.

Evolution(s) for farfetch'd
Possible evolution ideas:
1. Turns it into a fighting/flying type and it swaps its leek for a branch shaped like a katana and takes on a samurai like appearance wearing an over sized onion on its head like a helmet and its name will be Unleekly.
2. Turns into a steel/flying type where it wears assorted metal objects like garbage cans as armor and makes it look like a knight and swaps its leek for a metal pipe. Its name will be Absur'd
3. Turns into a ghost/flying type where it wears a cloth or curtain around its body that makes it look like the grim reaper and swaps its leek for a scythe like object. Its name will be Riduckulous.

I want a Girafarig pre-evo and evo, so it can be a real line... I mean, baby giraffes are adorable, and the evolution could make full use of the palindrome thing and put a panther up its ass or something.

Here are my ideas for new Pokémon:

Present day animals:

- Komodo Dragon (Dragon/Poison)
- Andean Cock-of-the-Rock (Electric/Flying or Fire/Flying)
- Koala (Grass)
- Tasmanian Devil (Dark or Dark/Normal)
- Cheetah (Electric or Electric/Fire)
- Siberian Tiger (Fire/Ice)
- Malayan Sun bear (Fairy/Dark)
- Gila Monster (Ground/Poison)
- Bottlenosed Dolphin (Water/Psychic)
- Manatee (Water/Normal)
- Chimpanzee (Grass/Psychic)
- Gorilla (Grass/Fighting)
- Orangutan (Grass/Fire)
- Leafy Seadragon (Grass/Dragon)
- Proboscis Monkey (Grass/Electric)

Extinct animals:

- Parasaurolophus (Rock/Water or Grass/Water)
- Thylacine/Tasmanian marsupial wolf (Electric)
- Gorgonopsid (Ground/Dark)
- Dimetrodon (Dark/Grass)
- Smilodon (Rock/Ice)
- Entelodont (Ground)
- Leptictidium (Grass/Fire)
- Stegosaurus (Grass/Electric)
- Ankylosaurus (Rock/Steel)

Mythical animals/Cryptids:

- Pegasus (Fairy/Flying)
- Griphon (Fairy/Dark)
- La Chupacabra (Dark/Ghost)
- Mothman (Bug/Psychic)
- Sea monk (Water/Fairy or Water/Ghost)

A Pokemon based off of an American Pitbull Terrier. Not based on stereotypes, not made out to be a vicious beast like in American media. I think it should be a Ground/Electric type. I know that sounds odd but it sounds cool I guess.

im sure it's been mentioned lots of times but it is way past time for a Lightning Bug and a Fire Fly with actual elemental secondary types. even if they were just evolutions of Volbeat and Illumise. I wouldnt mind them evolving into /fairy either.

i'd love another elephant inspired pokemon. and definitely more prehistoric critters that arent dinosaurs or not even vertebrates. a fishy one [i know that's a vertebrate :p] but definitely more based off of crazy prehistoric marine creatures. i would LOOOVVVEEEE a fern -> treefern rock/grass pokemon, like a prehistoric oddish to exeggutor.

I sort of like the idea of a dark/poison pokemon with levitate as its ability.

The best I can think of is an ancient box (dark) that is leaking out radioactive gas (poison), where the actual pokemon is the fluffy gas itself, not the box.

A Pokemon based off of an American Pitbull Terrier. Not based on stereotypes, not made out to be a vicious beast like in American media. I think it should be a Ground/Electric type. I know that sounds odd but it sounds cool I guess.

If they DID make that, it'd probably get a better reception than Stunfisk did.

I have a full list:

Lakigam (Pronounced luh-KAI-gum): a Legendary Magic type Pokémon (For an explanation of the Magic type, check out my post on this thread (http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f313/if-you-could-invent-new-type-83972/index13.html) that protects the planet as a whole, only showing itself when there is no other alternative. Its signature ability would be Strategize, a new ability that takes all of the opponent's variables (Stats, type, gender, Abilities, moveset, held item) into account and changes into a different ability that gives it an advantage (for instance, if going up against a Blissey with the moves Toxic, Double Team, Softboiled, and Substitute, Lakigam would gain the ability Immunity in order to nullify Toxic).
Lakigam would be the Trio Master of a new Legendary Trio that embody the three things that all living things need in order to survive:
~Wyphern (Grass/Dragon) gives nourishment.
~Aquyrm (Water/Dragon) brings clean water.
~Landrake (Ground/Dragon) provides shelter. (I'm not too crazy about this one's name, but I can't remember what I originally called it)

I have more, but there's not enough room here, as I just found out while writing the bio for the next Pokémon. I'll have to find somewhere else to post the rest of them, because I don't want to have to make multiple posts here.

Last edited:
New Pokémon Thread

What kind of new Pokémon would you like to see? Personally, I would like to see a Bug-Psychic Legendary, like a mix of Genesect and Deoxys. What would you like to see?

Like every one else ever, I'd like to see a dolphin pokemon.

I also really, really want a hummingbird pokemon. Stat-wise it would be very fast and frail and its movepool would include nearly every "draining" move (Giga Drain, Draining Kiss, etc). Its ability would probably either be Gale Wings, to fit the speed theme, or something related to evasion.

Like I've said before I'd like to see four legendary pokemon based on the four Chinese gods (Tortoise, Phoenix, Dragon, Tiger).

I also would like to see a swan pokemon.

And a colorful/graceful bird-of-prey of some kind that would fit my original character. Powerful, but small enough to fit on someone's shoulder. Long tail. Has psychic-type attacks, but doesn't necessarily have to be a psychic-type.

Fairy/Poison-type
A Pokemon based from pixies dwelling in mushrooms or something Alice-in-Wonderland-esque.

Ground/Dragon-type
Thorny Dragon/Devil lizards are very awesome looking creatures found in Australia.

Electric/Fire-type
Cheetah Pokemons with amazing speed and offenses.

Fairy/Water-type
Mermaid/Merman based Pokemons with split evos.

Ghost/Rock-type
Possessed statues of angels or any mythical figures.

Grass/Electric-type
An "electric power plant", get it? lol lame

I think for the next generation of pokemon, there should be a grass type pokemon that looks like a little duck. that way there will be bird like pokemon of the types
fire water and grass- torchic, piplup, and the new one I call *gasp* herbling!

Like I've said before I'd like to see four legendary pokemon based on the four Chinese gods (Tortoise, Phoenix, Dragon, Tiger).

I also would like to see a swan pokemon.

And a colorful/graceful bird-of-prey of some kind that would fit my original character. Powerful, but small enough to fit on someone's shoulder. Long tail. Has psychic-type attacks, but doesn't necessarily have to be a psychic-type.

Since my original reply was taken down due to the fact that I inadvertently worded it in a way that could be taken the wrong way, I'll rephrase it: There's already a swan-based Pokémon. It's called Swanna.

bug/fighting: pseudo legendary based on Kamen Rider and it would know high jump kick

fairy/fighting: based on an elf warrior like in lord of the rings

fairy/dark: based on a goblin or other mischievous fae like changelings

electric/poison: based on the Mongolian death worm. Look it up and you'll be surprised.

bug/dark: based on either a cockroach or an assassin bug

fire/water: fire coral taken to its most literal extreme.

grass/dragon: When antirrhinum goes wild

water/fighting: based on Sha Wujing from journey to the west

Type combinations I really want are Electric/Fairy and Grass/Dragon

Electric/Fairy could be some some sort of electric fairy, really. This one doesn't require much imagination at all.
Or, you know, it could be this guy-
image.jpg

Grass/Dragon, I figure you would start with a standard dragon, but then make it look way more sleek and snaky. Sorta like Serpirior.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom