• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I seriously want a Fighting/Ghost pokemon, i know alot of people don't like humanoid mons but a pokemon based on a ghost of a Kung Fu master would be awesome.

Type combinations I really want are Electric/Fairy and Grass/Dragon

Electric/Fairy could be some some sort of electric fairy, really. This one doesn't require much imagination at all.
Or, you know, it could be this guy-
View attachment 94122

Grass/Dragon, I figure you would start with a standard dragon, but then make it look way more sleek and snaky. Sorta like Serpirior.

Dedenne's an Electric/Fairy type.

Hmmm... Ideas for new Pokémon...

Something dolphin-like. The Pokémon would be nothing short of elegant, and would have telepathic abilities (sonar), making it a Water/Psychic type.

I saw a picture once that looked like this. Picture an Onix made of coal, and every other link in its body is a ball of magma. It would be a Fire/Rock type.

I also thought about a Pokémon based on a Pegasus, which could be Fairy/Flying.

I think we also need some more obvious big cats. Persian, Liepard, Purugly and Delcatty are just glorified housecats basically. Apart from Luxray (Which isn't very obvious as a liont), there isn't really anything that looks like Tigers or Lions. This is something to do in the future.

I think we also need some more obvious big cats. Persian, Liepard, Purugly and Delcatty are just glorified housecats basically. Apart from Luxray (Which isn't very obvious as a liont), there isn't really anything that looks like Tigers or Lions. This is something to do in the future.
Well, there's Litleo and Pyroar.

There needs to be some kind of voodoo doll Pokemon. Obviously it would be a Dark/Psychic type.
I came up with an idea for a voodoo doll pokemon, i made it a ghost-type (because of the horrifying spiritual energy it takes to cast curses and hexes on people). It should learn those moves hex and curse, but it needs to use the ghost-type curse. It would get some kind of sick joy out of pushing the pin into itself.

Ever since we speculated about new pokes for XY I have wanted a Palpitoad with wings. It could be Water/Ground with Levitate and learn Brave Bird.

Well, there's Litleo and Pyroar.
Ah, Gen 6. How little I know about you.

A Star shaped Pokemon that resembles Starfishes or Sea Stars. I think we need one more of the specie to add variation.
This particular Starfish Pokemon resides in volcanoes' craters and geysers.
It would be Water/Fire-type.
It has two stages. Stage 1 has two evolutions, you can choose either you use a Water Stone or a Fire Stone.
Both have different stats, pros/cons & move-sets. Water would be tanky/Special sweeper and Fire would be Physical Sweeper/High Speed.
Like Eevee, its evolutions would continue to learn moves.

Water evo's stats
HP- 90 SpAtk - 80
Atk - 40 SpDef - 120
Def - 120 Speed - 60
total 510

Fire evo's stats
HP -60 SpAtk - 50
Atk - 120 SpDef - 80
Def - 70 Speed - 130
total 510

Last edited:
Some more Pokémon ideas I have:

Present day animals:

Birds:

- Northern Bald Ibis (Poison/Flying or Poison/Fairy)
- Shoebill (Water/Flying or Fighting/Flying)
- Flamingo (Water/Fire)
- Goliath Heron (Flying/ground)
- Hummingbird (Electric/Fairy)

Mammals:

- Echidna (Ground/Grass)
- Hanuman langur (Dark/Psychic)
- Wildebeest (Normal)
- African Elephant (Ground/Normal)
- Asian Elephant (Grass/Ground)
- Elephant Seal (Water/Ice)

Extinct animals:

- Indricotherium (Ground)
- Woolly Rhino (Ice/Rock)
- Eurypterid/Sea scorpion (Water/Bug)
- Brachiosaurus (Grass/Rock)

A Star shaped Pokemon that resembles Starfishes or Sea Stars. I think we need one more of the specie to add variation.
It has two stages. Stage 1 has two evolutions, you can choose either you use a Water Stone or a Fire Stone.
Both have different stats, pros/cons & move-sets. Water would be tanky/Special sweeper and Fire would be Physical Sweeper/High Speed.

Water evo's stats
HP- 90 SpAtk - 80
Atk - 40 SpDef - 120
Def - 120 Speed - 60
total 510

Fire evo's stats
HP -60 SpAtk - 50
Atk - 120 SpDef - 80
Def - 70 Speed - 130
total 510

I like the idea, but we do already have a starfish that evolves with a Water Stone (Staryu -> Starmie), so I feel like this branched evolution could be better saved for a different species. They'd have to make it pretty different in design for it to be worth it.

Water evo's stats
HP- 90 SpAtk - 80
Atk - 40 SpDef - 120
Def - 120 Speed - 60
total 510

Fire evo's stats
HP -60 SpAtk - 50
Atk - 120 SpDef - 80
Def - 70 Speed - 130
total 510

I like the idea, but we do already have a starfish that evolves with a Water Stone (Staryu -> Starmie), so I feel like this branched evolution could be better saved for a different species. They'd have to make it pretty different in design for it to be worth it.

Thanks. I really love the thought of it too. I don't see anything wrong about having another starfish evolving through water stone tho. I just think it would add variety to the specie of starfish and give players another option for a starfish Pokemon.

I want to see an evo or mega-evo for Starmie, made of MORE starfish. Call it Starrem (me, you, 'em).

My voodoo doll evolves into a voodoo pinata. Funny how other people have had similar ideas.

I'm all for more raptors and big cat Pokemon.

A ghost-type barn owl or ice-type snowy owl would be pretty nice. All we have is Noctowl and he's pretty bland imo. I'd also like a flying/fighting secretary bird. (Sorry Hawlucha).
As for felines, an electric or fire cheetah with high speed or an ice-type snow leopard?

I want some more horses too. A cavalry horse would be my preference, maybe steel or steel/fire (thinking a Rapidash unicorn evolution?)

I'm looking for more gamefish pokémon.

I remember creating several gamefish pokémon for Flygon101's region help thread a few years back. Sadly with the demise of the Writer's Atlas, I lost everything I had created for that thread (pokémon, cities and even a writing sample).

However, I recall the names of the Pokémon:

Thynvel (Bluefin Tuna): Water/Fighting — analogous to Volcarona
An Atlantic Croaker that evolved into a Red Drum or Black Drum depending on stats.

-----------

Right now, I'm thinking of pokémon based on a Goliath Grouper.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom