• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I don't mind seeing another butterfly-Pokemon for the next gen. But this time, make it stronger than the generic early Bug-type Pokemons in each region.
I would love to see a Monarch Butterfly Pokemon. Typing would be Bug/Fairy.

I'd like to see a pseudo ice/fire type legendary with levitate just to make ice types a little more fabulous and should be effective to an extent against all the other pseudo legendaries....

I'd like to see a pseudo ice/fire type legendary with levitate just to make ice types a little more fabulous and should be effective to an extent against all the other pseudo legendaries....

All of them but Tyranitar. Although, if it could learn a Fighting-type move and had a decent enough Speed stat...

Here are some ideas for Ice type Pokémon:

Tundre (tundra + hare; normal and ice), the Arctic Pokemon. It is based on arctic hares and its highest stat is Speed.
Muskular (musk + muscular; normal and ice), the BoDy Odor Pokemon. It is based on muskoxen with high defense and HP.

Snowl, (snow + owl; ice and flying), the white bird pokemon. It is based on snowy owls. It can also learn some psychic type moves.

Navale (naval, narwhal, whale; ice and steel) the musketeer pokemon. It is based on a narwhal, but with a tusk made of steel. All aquatic animals don't have to be water something, an arctic pokemon's primary type should be Ice.

I'd personally love a cute little robot Pokemon. Like the one in the Pokestar Studios.

i say how about this: i want a legendary pokemon based off of Ganesha, the elephant god you know.
a ginormous elephant with tusk that swirl around, its a fire/physic type
attacks include: stampede, flamethrower, physic rock, and ember

I thought of a trio of Legendaries that would be 'protectors' of death. Of course, would probably never happen due to the demographic, also, they're kind of similar to the Lake Guardians.

The 'Afterlife Fairies'/'Protectors'/'Pixies'

Améfée (Amé + fée - French for Soul + Fairy)
The Protector Pokémon
Fairy/Ghost
Améfée takes care of the Soul's of those who have died and protects them on their path to the Afterlife.

Corpsfée (Corps + fée - French for Body + Fairy)
The Protector Pokémon
Fairy/Ground
Corpsféé watches over and protects the Body of those who have died after Death.

Calmfée (Calme + fée - French for Peace + Fairy)
The Passage Pokémon
Fairy/Fire
The 'trio master' Calmfée gives passage to Souls into the Afterlife and puts the body at peace.

All three are considered to be in line with Yveltal & Xerneas as 'friends' between the two. Once Destruction has been sought by Yveltal, he calls on the Afterlife Protectors to deal with the dead, but they then help the dead travel to the Afterlife on the request of Xerneas. However, if someone tries to meddle with the journey of the Afterlife, the three turn into their 'Protector' formes to battle.

All three are slim, dark red-violet fairies that wear long black veils (kind of look like Gourgeist). They always keep their eyes closed in their Original formes as if in mourning, but in their 'Protector' formes their eyes open wide and they become bold and angry looking. Améfée wears a set off handcuff like shackles on each arm (to ensure the Souls don't escape back to their body while travelling). Corpsfée wears white gloves and a toolbelt with various tools (to allow it to get to the body). Calmfée wears a tiara-like headband with drooping jewels, with a key around it's neck attatched to a set of strange-looking glasses (the key to open the door to the afterlife and the glasses to shield it's eyes as it passes the souls over to the Afterlife)

Last edited:
Some new ideas:

Unbellom, the Charming Pokémon. It is based on a male Indian Peafowl (a peacock) and Prince Charming. It's a male only species and its typing is Fairy - Steel. He may learn some sword based moves (as a Prince he obviously knows how to use a sword) Also he has an ability which gives him immunity to damaging physical attacks from female opponents. (Because every girl falls in love with Prince Charming in fairy tales) Its shiny colour may be white, it's a common trait it peacocks.

Rubunzel, the Loving Pokémon. It is based on several different species of Hummingbird and some fairy tale princesses, mostly Rapunzel. It is has scarlet - crimson feathers with a yellow crest on its head (resembling long, blonde hair of Rapunzel). Also it has a purple rampion on its crest. Its typing is Fairy - Grass and it has Cute Charm as its ability. Its shiny colour may be Prussian Blue (in honour of Grimm Brothers).

I think in general, I'd like to see different species of Pokemon that inhabit forests, caves, and sea routes, enough generic caterpillars, moths, bats, rocks, and jellyfish, there's so many more animals they could draw from, like flies, foxes, wolves, and bears for forests, earthworms, spiders, bears, and stalactites for caves, and dolphins for sea routes.

At any rate, here's some more specific ideas I have. I'm not good at coming up with names, so I'm just going to list what kind of species they are:

Species: Earthworm
Type: Ground/Bug
Abilities: Swarm/Sand Rush/Arena Trap (Hidden Ability)
Moves: Leech Life, Sand Attack, Mud Slap, Mud Sport, Dig, Bug Bite, Infestation, Sand Tomb, Magnitude, Earthquake
Possible Habitats: caves, forests, swamps

Species: Explosive Mine
Type: Steel/Poison
Abilities: Clear Body/Aftermath/Poison Point (Hidden Ability)
Moves: Poison Sting, Iron Defense, Poison Gas, Metal Sound, Gyro Ball, Toxic Spikes, Acid Spray, Mirror Shot, Flash Cannon, Selfdestruct, Explosion
Possible Habitats: oceans, deserts, rocky fields. Would probably be a good shaking spot Pokemon.

Species: Samurai spirit
Type: Fighting/Ghost
Abilities: Steadfast/Intimidate/Shadow Tag (Hidden Ability)
Moves: Arm Thrust, Seismic Toss, Shadow Punch, Destiny Bond, Counter, Swords Dance, Slash, Night Slash, Sacred Sword, Phantom Force, Final Gambit, Close Combat
Possible Habitats: graveyards, ruins

Species: Swordfish
Type: Either Water/Fighting or Water/Steel
Abilities: Swift Swim/No Guard (Hidden Ability)
Moves: Water Pulse, Aqua Jet, Brick Break, Bubble Beam, Counter, Aqua Tail, Iron Tail, Iron Head, Close Combat
Possible Habitats: sea routes (most likely by fishing)

Species: Dolphin
Type: Water
Abilities: Swift Swim/Water Absorb
Moves: Bubble, Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Whirlpool, Aerial Ace, Agility, Calm Mind, Bubblebeam, Extrasensory, Bounce, Surf, Water Spout
Habitat: sea routes

Species: Peacock
Type: Fighting/Flying
Abilities: Limber/Inner Focus/Gale Wings (Hidden Ability)
Moves: Wing Attack, Feather Dance, Swords Dance, Mach Punch, Slash, Aerial Ace, Air Cutter, Cross Chop, Flying Press, Air Slash, Acrobatics, Close Combat, Razor Wind
Habitat: Probably some kind of rocky plains

Species: Snowman
Type: Ice/Ghost
Abilities: Snow Cloak/Cursed Body/Snow Warning (Hidden Ability)
Moves: Icy Wind, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Curse, Feint Attack, Shadow Punch, Nasty Plot, Avalanche, Ominous Wind, Freeze Dry, Phantom Force, Sheer Cold
Habitat: Snowy areas

Last edited:
I would like them to explore more Pokemon that live in the rainforests. Lemurs, genets, peccaries, macaws, pythons, even the creepy giant bugs.
Not sure on types but they would definitely be interesting.

I would like them to explore more Pokemon that live in the rainforests. Lemurs, genets, peccaries, macaws, pythons, even the creepy giant bugs.
Not sure on types but they would definitely be interesting.

I'd like for them to explore rainforests in general, not just the Pokemon that live there. We've never had a jungle or rainforest area in the main games, the closest we've come is Rt. 119.

Rememorgot (Remember + Memory + Forgot)
The Memory Pokémon
Psychic
Rememorgot is able to wipe the memories of anyone, along with the ability to make people remember anything. It can store billions of memories which fuels Rememorgot's power. It has an exclusive ability Mind Blank which causes Pokémon to forget their attacks and therefore miss their turn. It's a humanoid Pokémon, think of a mix of Elgyem, Gardevoir, Deoxys and Bisharp.

Vespigard (Vespi, latin for Wasp & Gard, guard)
Evolves from male Combee at level 50
Type: Bug/Fighting
Ability: Huge Power (Doubles the attack stat)

Vespigards are fully developed Combees that have hone their skills to protect their Vespiquen.

HP: 70
Attack: 85
Defense: 95
Special Attack: 50
Special Defense: 90
Speed: 110
Total: 500

Learns Close Combat (55).
Past moves:
Power-up Punch, Fury Cutter, Swagger, Acupressure, Harden, Fury Swipes, Zen Headbutt.

Signature move:
Blade Thrust (Type: Fighting/Physical)
Power: 60
Accuracy: 90
Vespigard lunges to the target with its arms blade, hitting the target twice.

My idea is an Electric/Flying type with Drizzle and good Special Attack, so it can spam STAB Hurricane and Thunder with perfect accuracy. It would have to have strong connections with storms (like how Volcarona has strong connections with the sun), and probably would be based on something like a petrel or an albatross.
My other idea is a Bug/Fairy type based on a peacock jumping spider (the genus Maratus).

Frigione (Frigid + Chione, Goddess of Snow in Greek Myth)
Pokemon based on Snowy Owls. Frigione has one pre-evolution which evolves at level 33.
Type: Flying/Ice
Ability: Keen Eye/Unburden/Snow Warning (HA)
height: 3'4" weight: 10 lbs

Frigiones are vicious hunters of day and night. They summon blizzards to overwhelm and confuse their prey.

HP: 100
Attack: 70
Defense: 80
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 125
Speed: 70
Total: 515

Notable moves (leveling up): Ice Shard, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray, Blizzard, Hail, Roost, Acrobatics, Reflect, Echoed Voice, Agility

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom