• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Came up with two ideas for fossil Pokémon for my fic. The first is based on a Smilodon, and has traits from all existing cat Pokémon. The second is based on an Elasmotherium, and was designed to appeal to Bronies, although I am not a Brony myself. Not sure about secondary Types for them.

The final evo for the red panda is part Fairy because... haven't you ever seen a red panda before? (they're more raccoon than bear FYI) They're absolutely ADORABLE! And so far most Fairy-type Pokemon are cutesy-looking.
That sounds fair enough, haha

And I was pretty close to making the elephant based on Ganesha, but Hindu gods are still worshiped by a fair amount of people, including in my area, where there many immigrants from India. And yes, the elephant shoots water from its trunk. Part Steel because I wanted to make it bulky, like real-life elephants. The design for this line is primarily the African forest elephant (a slightly different species from those in the savanna), and the end of the trunk ironically ended looking a bit like a sprinkler when I drew it.
While I do think that Ganesha would be a neat inspiration, I don't have enough knowledge to know whether that could be taken as offensive or not, so maybe it is better to go to other places for inspiration. If you want to make it bulky, then honestly leaving it as pure Water isn't a bad idea since that would only be weak to Electric and Grass. Opening up weaknesses to Steel and Ground might not be good for a tanky Pokemon. Steel really isn't as good of a defensive type that it used to be since they removed its resistance to Dark and Ghost. But if you think Steel works best for your Pokemon then by all means go for it. I don't think the metagame should interfere with a creator's inspiration.

If you chose to go with the sprinkler-like design for the trunk, it might be cool if it developed into a high-pressure water cannon like some fire trucks have (which hopefully wouldn't be too reminiscent of Squirtle). Just a thought.

These three Megas will have traits from the Mayans, Romans, and Egyptians respectively.
I like the sound of these a lot! Looking forward to hearing more about them.

I can't think of any good names for my Starters, but the fossil Pokemon lines will be:

Fang Fossil -> Smilogato -> Sabrescent

Gem Fossil -> Rynogem -> Diamoceros

I decided the latter being Rock/Fairy, while the former will be Rock/Normal.

I'm sure these ideas have already been discussed, but I'm not in the mood to read 94 pages right now orangu.gif

Off the top of my head a trap (Dark/steel) pokemon, and a hummingbird pokemon all come to mind.

They should also make a cuttlefish Pokemon.

I'm sure these ideas have already been discussed, but I'm not in the mood to read 94 pages right now View attachment 98324

Off the top of my head a trap (Dark/steel) pokemon, and a hummingbird pokemon all come to mind.

They should also make a cuttlefish Pokemon.

Inkay is a cuttlefish.

although there's always room for more cuttlefish pokemon imo

What would You say to a new kind of pokemon that would totaly change the game?
New Ability Immunities, pokemon with Abilities that give them immunity to all special attacks and others that would be immune to all physical attacks + a new pokemon with "Miracle Guard".

Abilities that could grant immunity to special/physical moves and some hpothetical examples:

With 2x weakness to the other kind of moves.

1. "Necromancy" (or other better suited name):
Immunity to special moves and a 2x weakness to physical ones.

I imagine a Dragon/ghost the Skeleton pokemon,
HP: 110 /Attack: 119 /Defense: 95 /Sp.Atk: 95 /Sp.Def: 1 /Speed: 70 /Total: 490
(bone wings after evolution from a flying/dragon(maybe Druddigon) or a new pure dragon )

a ground/flying sand creature(monster, moving sand)
HP: 100 /Attack: 104 /Defense: 80 /Sp.Atk: 100 /Sp.Def: 1/ Speed: 85/Total: 460

dark/psychic could be a phantom, in shape of a Kite.
HP: 90 /Attack: 94 /Defense: 90 /Sp.Atk: 95 /Sp.Def: 1/ Speed: 75/Total: 430

and maybe a legendary poison/steel Homonculus with this ability, created my Alchemists?

2. "Ectoplasma" or "Hollow" (or other better suited name):

Immunity to physical moves and a 2x weakness to special ones.

I imagine a ghost/fairy the headless Centaur pokemon(dark color with lance and shield),
HP: 110 /Attack: 114 /Defense: 1 /Sp.Atk: 115 /Sp.Def: 90/ Speed: 70/Total: 490
(preevo could be a fairy/fighting poke)

a poison/electric gas cloud monster.

HP: 100 /Attack: 94 /Defense: 1 /Sp.Atk: 100 /Sp.Def: 80/ Speed: 95/Total: 460

a water/grass seaweed monster something in the form of a aligator,

HP: 90 /Attack: 94 /Defense: 1 /Sp.Atk: 95 /Sp.Def: 90/ Speed: 75/Total: 430

and maybe a legendary dark/ghost panther with this ability?

Maybe some like the sandmonster or seaweed monster could get both abilities and a move to change between them?
This would be the ideal Special blockers and ideal Physical Blockers.

I also want to introduce a Miracle Guard ability, that works like an oposite of Wonder Guard.
It gives the pokemon immunity to all super effective hits.
I imagine a dark gargoyle with wings, ghost/rock pokemon.

HP: 96 /Attack: 69 / Defense: 69 /Sp.Atk: 69 /Sp.Def: 69 /Speed: 96/Total: 468
This one would be immune to 6 types.

Before you rate this ideas, think abut all type immunities and Wonder Guard.
There are something like 621 moves, 159 special and 237 physical moves.
How many moves does a single immunity counter?
Ground immunity is a counter for 19 electric type moves.
Steel immunity is a counter fo 16 poison type moves.
Flying immunity protects from 18 groud type moves.
Fairy is immune to dragon moves 12 dragon type moves.
Ghost is immune to 38 fighting moves and 90 normal type moves, that makes 128
Dark is immune to 18 psychic type moves.
Normal type is immune to 11 ghost type moves.
Wonder guard Shedinja is a counter to 13 types , that means it's nearly immune to 308 moves from a total of 396 damage dealing ones.
And there are 19 pokemon with Mold Breaker to counter them+ the ones with scrappy, for the ghost type examples.

Gengar with levitate is immune to 136 moves and has total base stat 500, Aegislash is immune to 134 moves and has 520 total stat, Chandelure (Total: 520) with flash fire is immune to 156 moves.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
a fire/ice Japanese Macaque, with a ice version ability of Flame Body ( "Subzero"?) , maybe a move that doubles when oponent is frozen and some sort od ice based draining move or drain punch?

a ice/ghost snowman with cursed body or ability summoning arctic terrain(HP growth for ice and water pokes, 1,5 speed boost and accurracy)? or a ice/bug pokemon(the bug type move Powder should work, till the oponents poke uses a fire type move and not only one turn)?

a ice/flying owl with snow warning(hail could rise sp.def like sandstorm)?

a steel/psychic clock with low speed that ability summons some version of "trick room" ?

a fairy/normal pig pokemon with a move magic roulette, that causes switches on both sides every turn till a pokemon faints or if it is the turn back to the poke it used , the user pokemons faints.

Last edited:
Guitar Rotom! It would gain the Rock type (because it uses the power of rock!) and Stone Edge!

Stingblade
The Blade Ray Pokemon
Type: Water/Fighting (Pre-evolutions are Water/Poison)
Ability: Swift Swim, Poison Touch and Technician (HA)
Evolves from Whipray at level 40, Whipray evolves from Stingwhip at level 20

Known as the swordsman of the deep Stingblade hunt and battle with the extra stingers concealed in their arms. Upon evolving Stingblade can now venture on to land to hunt near shorelines. Their arm stingers can extend from their body to be used like a whip.

HP: 70
Attack: 115
Defense: 85
Special Attack: 65
Special Defense: 70
Speed: 120

Notable moves: Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Power Whip, Night Slash, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch, Close Combat, Sacred Sword, Ice Punch, X-scissor, U-Turn Swords Dance

Stingwhip starts off as a cartoon styled stingray that hides in the sand to ambush prey, upon evolving to Whipray it's fins/wings become longer and sleeker like an airplane and it now swims the ocean as a swift hunter. When evolving to Stingblade it grows larger, adopts a more humanoid shape, gains arms and legs with an extra stinger in each arm that can be retracted and extended to be used like a whip or a sword.

Just a crazy idea I had for a water/fighting type since we don't have many of those. And I don't think we have a stingray pokemon yet.

I'd liek to see some Pokemon based on Hyenas, Jaguars, Light pollution (because we already got Land, Air, and Sea Pollution covered, maybe Sound too and because I wanna see a Poison.Fairy pokemon), the Jabberwock, The Bandersnatch, Cerberus, The Nephehiem, and The 4 Symbols (and make a Rainbow Pokemon that actually has all the colors)

I've heard others suggest the manticore as a basis; one user in the new region topic would've made a Legendary an Ice/Poison type based on a Manticore.

I'd liek to see some Pokemon based on Hyenas, Jaguars, Light pollution (because we already got Land, Air, and Sea Pollution covered, maybe Sound too and because I wanna see a Poison.Fairy pokemon), the Jabberwock, The Bandersnatch, Cerberus, The Nephehiem, and The 4 Symbols (and make a Rainbow Pokemon that actually has all the colors)

The Poochyena line are hyenas, but they also draw inspiration from other canines so I wouldn't mind a more traditional hyena. I would definitely want to see more predatory cat Pokemon though.

The Poochyena line are hyenas, but they also draw inspiration from other canines so I wouldn't mind a more traditional hyena. I would definitely want to see more predatory cat Pokemon though.

Hyenas are't canines...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyena

A spotted hyena Pokemon would be great.

really want:

> narwhal
> giant squid
> hammerhead shark or at least some other type of shark (garchomp isn't good enough)
> bacteriophage
> cuttlefish
> mosasaur

that's all I got right nyow

I'd like to see a Water/Flying-type Luvdisc evolution, called Cupidisc. It'd look like a Luvdisc, but the mouth would be longer and pointier, and there'd be a long, thin tail growing out of the back, tipped with a smaller heart. Basically it'd be based off of the arrows Cupid shoots to make people fall in love, and would have high Attack and Speed, and would learn moves like Drill Peck, Aqua Tail, Drill Run, and Quick Attack, moves like that.

I also came up with a two-stage Poison/Flying evolution line. The first stage, Garchick, is this baby bird wearing an empty soda can like a suit of armor, and its tail feathers look like crumpled aluminum foil. Its evolved form, Peligross, is a green pelican with a black bill, and its tail feathers look like bendy straws, and can bend like them as well and fire sludge in any direction. I actually have sprites for these;

Garchick:
vN2kOsE.png

Peligross:
617DLIS.png

I actually have two ideas. My first idea would be a Bug/Flying Pokemon based on the mosquito, and it would specialize in draining attacks like Leech Life. I'd also have it be a two-stage Pokemon; the first stage would be Pesquito (Pest + Mosquito), and its evolution would be Mosquixote (Mosquito + Don Quixote).

My other idea would be based off the Coatl, or winged snake. Its typing would be Poison/Fairy, maybe with Levitate as its ability, and it'd be a mixed fighter with both physical and special attacks, like Seviper is; in fact, it could make a good evolution for Seviper, or it could be a standalone, maybe even a legendary. As for the name, it could be called Toxiquatl/Toxicoatl (Toxic + Coatl) or maybe Quetzyanide (Quetzal(coatl) + Cyanide).

Clearly, the next Pokemon region should be based off Latin America. =P

I'm writing a fanfic on TCOD called Pokemon Crimson, and it will have lots of Fakemon.

Here are the starter lines.

Moosling (Grass) -> Mooshrub (Grass/Rock) -> Foralcest (Grass/Rock)
Scorcheetah (Fire) -> Cheetorch (Fire/Dark) -> Inferline (Fire/Dark)
Platagua (Water) -> Toxxiplatt (Water/Poison) -> Platyseidon (Water/Poison)

They are based on a moose, a cheetah, and a platypus respectively.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom