• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

I've particularly wanted a pegasus to be a Fire/Fairy Mega Rapidash with Magic Guard (and Play Rough) or just Pixilate. Rapidash really surprised me when I tried using one in my Platinum run.

I was just hoping for a Pegasus to be a decent starter. There have been same concepts with different execution (see: Ninetales and Delphox (maybe Zoroark too)) and the end products end up being distinguished and different.

My preferred ability for the Fire/Fairy Pegasus starter would be a completely new one.
Fairy Flight
Effect: When the user switches in, this Pokemon's special attack is raised by one stage and it gains levitate-like effect for 5 turns.

It could be quite decent competitively.

I really like the idea of a peacock pokemon, I've also been wanting one for a while now. I'm not sure about it's typing tho. Maybe part psychic type, like it would use the colorful marking on its tail to hypnotize foes, but idk.
Also, we still need a real dolphin pokemon.

An idea for a fakemon that I've had for about a year, a 2 stage line of Fire/Poison type Pachyderms, based upon a gas mask and safety hood (Garrett Morgan), respectively. They feed upon smoke and poisonous gas, and will often ignite forests and even steal other poison types for sustenance. The air around where they live is surprisingly clean

An idea for a fakemon that I've had for about a year, a 2 stage line of Fire/Poison type Pachyderms, based upon a gas mask and safety hood (Garrett Morgan), respectively. They feed upon smoke and poisonous gas, and will often ignite forests and even steal other poison types for sustenance. The air around where they live is surprisingly clean
A predatory elephant? Interesting concept. I do like hiw you fused the natural with the synthetic.

I'm still pondering something that could work with Hydreigon's old design of a cybernetic tank-dragon. Maybe a combination of a Western Dragon, the Churchill Crocodile - Wikipedia and an actual crocodile?

Last edited:
I just had an idea for a Bug/Ice regional variant of Masquerain! Since there will hopefully be more Alolan forms for USUM, here's what I'd like to see:

A-Masquerain
Bug/Ice
Intimidate/Dazzling (Hidden)
BST:
HP: 70
Attack: 50
Defense: 62
Sp. Attack: 100
Sp. Def: 62
Speed: 110
Total: 454

Movepool:

Level up
1 Quiver Dance
1 Whirlwind
1 Bug Buzz
1 Powder Snow
1 Bubble
1 Quick Attack
1 Sweet Scent
17 Icy Wind
22 Scary Face
22 Frost Breath
26 Stun Spore
32 Silver Wind
38 Freeze-Dry

TM
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hail
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Hyper Beam
Protect
Rain Dance
Roost
Frustration
Aurora Veil
Return
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Aerial Ace
Facade
Rest
Attract
Thief
Round
Acrobatics
Scald
Giga Impact
Psych Up
Infestation
Swagger
Sleep Talk
U-Turn
Substitute
Confide

Egg Moves
Aqua Jet
Bug Bite
Endure
Fell Stinger
Foresight
Hydro Pump
Lunge
Mind Reader
Mud Shot
Power Split
Psybeam
Signal Beam

If you guys want my two cents once again, I have some ideas for fossil mammals to be turned into potential Pokémon.

Doedicurus (a giant prehistoric armadillo)
Gigantopithecus (largest ape ever, some consider Bigfoot/Yeti to be descendants)
Megaloceros (aka Irish Elk)
Entelodon (giant predatory pig)
Megatherium (giant sloth)
Dire Wolf (these actually existed)
Mastodon (different elephant than the mammoth, mind you)
Diprotodon (largest marsupial ever, basically an enormous wombat)
Short-faced Bear (largest bear ever)
Smilodon ( the famous Sabertooth cat)

A pair of fossil pokémon based on more recent animals, maybe with like the Smilodon and Mastodon, would be nice, yeah.
Maybe for variety also do like Gen I did and separately have also a Megalodon?

Another interesting mammalian fossil could be a pre-aquatic cetacean (Pakicetus?), and it could be introduced alongside a pokémon based on a modern cetacean. Giving sort of an in-universe nod to pokémon also changing through the eras.
(Or alternatively, the cetacean pokémon could have an "ancient" variant based on the Ambulocetus?)

It'd be nice to see a true prehistoric plant too, like ancient fern trees or something. Maybe give it a reason to be Grass/Electric while at it.

My best ideas for fossil Pokemon were an Electric/Rock Velociraptor that's very fast with claws made of prism/crystals (interestingly, I had this idea BEFORE Gen 7 came along with its prism shenanigans).

Also another idea was a Fairy/Rock Maiasaura which has parental bond, like Kamgaskhan.

I’d like to see a Pokémon based on the states of matter (nobody mention that “creation trio’s secondary typings” theory, I’m not convinced), but I’m not sure how I would want them to handle it. My first thought was that it could be three separate Pokémon altogether, in a non-Legendary trio. You’d have a Solid Pokémon, a Liquid Pokémon, and then a Gas Pokémon with a Minior-like form that could involve it becoming a Plasma. But while I like that idea, I suppose it would make more sense for it to be all one Pokémon with different forms. But then there’s the question of, should it be like Castform, where it can just alternate between all of its forms in battle? Or maybe it could change between Solid, Liquid, and Gas using a certain move or moves, and then the Plasma Form could still retain the Minior-like function as an extension of the Gas Form. Really, there are a lot of ways you could spin it, and I’m sure it could inspire some cool designs. And, just imagine all of the different effects those form-changing moves could have...

Wouldn't that approach make more sense for a single pokémon with simply four forms? Maybe even make it especifically forms of hydrogen with Ice/Water/Flying/Fire...?
The method to transform could involve needing to pass through transitional forms then. (Maybe simply correlated to temperature?)

Personally though I'd like to see it related to Aristotle's theories of classical elements (with those as a representation of states of matter) with a quartet, that is paired in two axis of hot/cold dry/wet.
Although the obvious idea of simply assigning fire/ice + water/ground type combinations wouldn't make for very interesting typings... at least not for a legendary, let alone four.
Of course there'd be a quintessence member. Given what that represented Dragon or Fairy would fit that well.

After seeing this wonderful, wonderful concept for a Bug/Ground-type burrowing wasp, I've decided to come up with regional variant on Vespiquen. It evolves from normal Combee if evolved in a desert in a fan-made region. The design would be "Vespiquen wearing a mud wasp nest as her 'dress.'" In other words, she'd be wearing a big pot around her abdomen. Probably with some colorful patterns on it, lol

Vespiquen
Bug/Ground
Battle Armor/Unnerve (Hidden)
BST:
Atk: 60
Def: 122
SpA: 60
SpD: 122
Spe: 40
Total: 474

Moveset would be indentical, aside from Earthquake, Bulldoze, Rock Tomb and Stone Edge added to TMs and Shore Up added as a level up move.

I'm gonna expand on my ideas for starters in Matleo's threads.

Larvasol (Larva + Parasol)
The Larva Pokemon
Grass/Bug
Overgrow/Overcoat
HP: 45
Attack: 65

Defense: 35
Sp. Attack: 65
Sp. Defense: 60

Speed: 40
Dex entry 1: This Pokemon carries a leaf around wherever it goes. It uses this leaf as a shield against the sun so it doesn't dry out.
Dex entry 2: The leaf it carries in its mouth is razor sharp. It can be used as a makeshift parasol or a blade.

Chrysaleaf (Chrysalis + Leaf)
The Pupa Pokemon
Grass/Bug
Overgrow/Overcoat
HP: 80
Attack: 40

Defense: 120
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Defense: 120

Speed: 20
Dex entry 1: The leaf it carried with it has become as hard as steel. It wears it to defend itself from foes.
Dex entry 2: Wrapped within its steel-hard shell, it is incredibly durable. Few things can pierce its armor.

Dartagnant (D'artagnan + Ant)
The Leafcutter Pokemon
Grass/Bug
Overgrow/Swordsmanship (raises the power of blade/claw moves like X-Scissor and Psycho Cut by 50%)
HP: 80
Attack: 125

Defense: 65
Sp. Attack: 80
Sp. Defense: 65

Speed: 115
Dex Entry 1 : Incredibly agile and swift, its swordsmanship is only rivalled by Samurott. Its arm blades are as sharp as steel.
Dex entry 2: The leaf it carried has become two razor-sharp blades. It has a chivalrous personality.
Notable moves: X-Scissor, Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Cross Poison, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, Leech Life, U-Turn, Hone Claws, Knock Off, Parting Shot, First Impression
Signature Move: Sharpening Cut (Bug, 85 BP, 10 PP, raises attack by +2 if enemy is KO'd)

Sparchick (Spark + Chick)
The Plain Bird Pokemon
Fire
Blaze/Own Tempo
HP: 55
Attack: 45

Defense: 40
Sp. Attack: 70
Sp. Defense: 40

Speed: 70
Dex entry 1: Its plumage is dull, but its heart is bright. It can create dazzling flames.
Dex entry 2: While it may not be much to look at, it may develop into something truly beautiful.

Flafowl (Flame + Peafowl)
The Smoldering Pokemon
Fire/Flying
Blaze/Own Tempo
HP: 65
Attack: 55

Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 90
Sp. Defense: 60

Speed: 90
Dex entry 1: Its plumage is starting to become brighter. However, it is still kind of plain-looking.
Dex entry 2: Its flames are growing more dazzling. It can create a rainbow of fire.

Suzakoc (Suzaku + Peacock)
The Vermillion Pokemon
Fire/Fairy
Blaze/Dazzling
HP: 65
Attack: 65

Defense: 60
Sp. Attack: 130
Sp. Defense: 90

Speed: 110
Dex entry 1: Its plumage has fully grown in. It is considered the most beautiful of all Fire-types.
Dex entry 2: Its dazzling plumage distracts prey. Despite its beautiful appearance, it is a fierce fighter.
Notable moves: Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Moonblast, Fiery Dance, Air Cutter, Heal Pulse, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Morning Sun
Signature Move: Shimmering Flame (Fire, 80 BP, 10 PP, may lower opponents Special Defense and Special Attack by -1)

Plesious (Plesiosaurus + Precious)
The Toy Boat Pokemon
Water
Torrent/Rain Dish
Attack: 55

Defense: 80
Sp. Attack: 15
Sp. Defense: 70

Speed: 30
Dex entry 1: Incredibly rare in the wild, this Pokemon is considered a living fossil.
Dex entry 2: An ancient species, it is highly endangered. It resembles a small boat.

Elasmodon (Elasmosaurus + Liopleurodon)
The Raft Pokemon
Water
Torrent/Rain Dish
HP: 90
Attack: 85

Defense: 95
Sp. Attack: 20
Sp. Defense: 90

Speed: 40
Dex entry 1: Its neck has grown shorter. However, the strength of its jaws has increased.
Dex entry 2: Even though it is not fully evolved, it is a brutal predator. It is large enough to use as a raft.

Kronothan (Kronosaurus + Leviathan)
The Longboat Pokemon
Water/Ghost
Torrent/Multiscale
HP: 105
Attack: 105

Defense: 120
Sp. Attack: 40
Sp. Defense: 110

Speed: 50
Dex entry 1: An amphibious phantom of the seas, this Pokemon is a seaworthy vessel despite its decaying body.
Dex entry 2: Many pirates used this Pokemon as a makeshift ship due to its massive size and boat-like body.
Notable moves: Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Liquidation, Waterfall, Crunch, Icicle Crash, Outrage, Recover, Earthquake, Iron Defense, Anchor Shot, Amnesia, Roar, Heavy Slam
Signature Move: Phantom Fang (Ghost, 90 BP, 10 PP, hits through Protect/Detect)

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom