• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas For New Pokemon

Here's some new Bug-types of entirely different elements: Bug/Ice and Bug/Fire! One of them is a three-stage line, the other is a one-stage line.

Polarva
The Fuzzy Pokemon
Bug
Shield Dust/Fluffy (HA)
HP: 45
Attack: 80
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk: 40
Sp. Def: 65
Speed: 55
Total: 350
Dex entry 1: It is incredibly fluffy, and is a popular pet due to its plush coat.
Dex entry 2: Even people who are afraid of Bug-types tend to find Woolipillar endearing.
Height: 3'06"/1.1 m
Weight: 59.4 lbs./26.9 kg

Chrysalice
The Frozen Pokemon
Bug/Ice
Sturdy/Ice Body (HA)
Hp: 57
Attack: 63
Defense: 97
Sp. Attack: 63
Sp. Def: 87
Speed: 33
Total: 400
Dex entry 1: It has encased itself in a cocoon made of ice; the Pokemon is visible within its clear casing.
Dex entry 2: Its cocoon is so cold, merely touching its cocoon can freeze you solid!
Height: 4'07"/1.4 m
Weight: 112 lbs./50.8 kg

Tundroth
The Shimmering Pokemon
Bug/Ice
Tinted Lens/Magic Guard (HA)
HP: 79
Attack: 31
Defense: 49
Sp. Attack: 118
Sp. Def: 83
Speed: 130
Total: 500
Dex entry 1: Its shimmering wings seem sparkle like the Northern Lights. The patterns on its wings vary depending on the month it evolved.
Dex entry 2: It has a rivalry with Volcarona; duels between the two are recorded in native Unovan fables.
Height: 5'03"/1.6 m
Weight: 71.2 lbs./32.3 kg

Notable moves: Air Slash, Aromatherapy, Aura Sphere, Aurora Veil, Blizzard, Bug Buzz, Defog, Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, Freeze-Dry, Giga Drain, Hail, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Moonblast, Moonlight, Pollen Puff, Powder, Power Gem, Psychic, Psyshock, Quiver Dance, Roost, Shadow Ball, Tailwind, U-Turn

Bugadier
The Explosive Pokemon
Bug/Fire
Aftermath/Heatproof/Flash Fire (HA)
HP: 75
Attack: 55
Defense: 125
Sp. Attack: 113
Sp. Def: 90
Speed: 40
Total: 498
Dex entry 1: Its contains flammable chemicals in its abdomen. However, these are only explosive when mixed together.
Dex entry 2: Bugadier is known as the "walking flamethrower." Its hard shell is impervious to the flames it spews.
Height: 3'07"/1.1 m
Weight: 143 lbs./64.9 kg

Notable moves: Bug Buzz, Earth Power, Energy Ball, Explosion, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Focus Blast, Heatwave, Overheat, Scald, Shell Smash, Shell Trap, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Tail Glow

Last edited:
I've been coming up with more Bug-types, and these are two I'm particularly proud of.

Helmant (Helmet + ant)
The Ant Pokemon
Bug/Ground
Huge Power
HP: 39
Attack: 57
Defense: 31
Sp. Attack: 36
Sp. Defense: 42
Speed: 70
Total: 275
Dex entry 1: Despite its small size, this Pokemon is amazingly powerful. It can haul a semi truck with some effort.
Dex entry 2: This Pokemon is an extremely hard worker. It is so full of energy that it only needs two hours of sleep a day.
Height: 1’00”/0.3 m
Weight: 9.5 lbs./4.2 kg

Escavant (Escavador, the Portuguese word for "digger/excavator" + ant)
The Earth Mover Pokemon
Bug/Ground
Huge Power
HP: 71
Attack: 90
Defense: 102
Sp. Attack: 38
Sp. Def: 91
Speed: 79
Total: 470
Dex entry 1: Escavant is an amazingly powerful Pokemon for its size. It can easily burrow through the hardest materials due to its strength.
Dex entry 2: This Pokemon is far stronger than it appears. In fact, it can haul a diesel locomotive without breaking a sweat.
Height: 3’03”/1 m
Weight: 22.3 lbs./10.1 kg

Notable moves: Accelerock, Aqua Tail, Bulk Up, Crunch, Drill Run, Earthquake, Fell Stinger, Head Smash, High Horsepower, Iron Head, Low Sweep, Lunge, Rock Polish, Rock Slide, Stealth Rock, Stomping Tantrum, Stone Edge, Super Fang, Superpower

Egg Groups: Bug

Nymphly (Nymph, the scientific term for baby bugs that aren't larvae such as dragonfly babies + fly)
The Submersible Pokemon
Bug/Water
Compound Eyes/Swift Swim (HA)
HP: 63
Attack: 57
Defense: 42
Sp. Attack: 67
Sp. Def: 42
Speed: 78
Total: 329
Dex entry 1: It is a skilled swimmer, but it desperately wishes to fly high in the sky one day.
Dex entry 2: It is a swift predator underwater. It uses its extensible jaws to snatch foes from afar.
Height: 3’09”/1.1 m
Weight: 84.2 lbs./38.2 kg

Buzzibelle (Buzz + libelle, the German word for "dragonfly")
The Dogfight Pokemon
Bug/Flying
Tinted Lens/Aerilate (HA)
HP: 76
Attack: 107
Defense: 51
Sp. Attack: 114
Sp. Def: 57
Speed: 112
Total: 517
Dex entry 1: Upon evolution, it has finally achieved its dream of flight. It is just as maneuverable in the air as it was in water before evolving.
Dex entry 2: Buzzibelle is known as the “High-Flying Ace.” It battles bird Pokemon in the sky to defend its young.
Height: 6'04"/1.9 m
Weight: 119.3 lbs./54.1 kg

Notable Moves: Air Slash, Boomburst, Bug Buzz, Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Energy Ball, Flash Cannon, Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Hurricane, Hydro Pump, Hyper Voice, Ice Beam, Psyshock, Roost, Scald, U-Turn

Egg group: Bug, Water 1

tumblr_pdbldne2mh1w8nucfo1_500.png

Also, here's some art of Sinisilk done for me by Cresselia92. Now she actually looks like an actual Pokemon!

Let's share the concept of my first ever fakemon!
It’s a Pokemon which likes to party, but is so terrifying to people that it isn’t desired enough to get an invitation.

Feteghosty (Fête (French for party) + Ghosty)
The Party Ghost Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Fairy (initially was Ghost/Psychic but I feel fairy fits better now I've seen Mimikyu)
Ability: Extra Supplies (recovered its held item if its knocked off or used)
Stats: Not sure about how to distribute stats, but I feel it should be a bulky special attacker.
Description:
Feteghosty loves one and only one thing: Parties! Unfortunately for it, though, it is never invited due to its fearful appearance. This Pokemon hopes for someone to invite it! That is the reason you'll find all sorts of party supplies with this Pokemon!

If extra supplies appear out of nowhere in your party, it's a sure indicator that this Pokemon wants to have fun and enjoy (basis for its ability) Invite it, and it'll be your best party ever!

The pattern on its 'eyes' varies with region and area, it's considered valuable among collectors as they want to collect all possible patterns! (It’s an idea inspired from Arbok).

Here's its artwork done by me. Sorry if it feels unpolished since it’s my first ever piece of Pokemon artwork.
fakemon_no__1__feteghosty__by_varocks-dac5e74.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-12_18-31-40.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-12_18-31-40.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 90
I love it, V! It feels more like an Ultra Beast than a regular Pokemon, though... Which might be exactly why I love it XD

Speaking of Ultra Beasts...

Glacrimosa/UB Freezer (Glacier + Lacrimosa)
The Weeping Pokemon
Ice/Fairy
Beast Boost
HP: 67
Attack: 31
Defense: 47
Sp. Attack: 151
Sp. Def: 137
Speed: 137
Total: 570
Dex entry 1: It levitates in the air using its six motionless wings. These wings also function as a protective shield.
Dex entry 2: Glacrimosa’s tears freeze anything solid upon contact. It is one of the dangerous life forms known as Ultra Beasts.
Height: 5’11”/1.8 m
Weight: 76.2 lbs./34.6 kg

Notable moves: Ally Switch, Air Slash, Aqua Ring, Aura Sphere, Aurora Veil, Calm Mind, Destiny Bond, Energy Ball, Freeze-Dry, Grudge, Heal Bell, Healing Wish, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Light Screen, Moonblast, Pain Split, Psychic, Psyshock, Reflect, Roost

Volcaldera/UB Eruption (Volcano + Caldera)
The Crater Pokemon
Fire/Water
Beast Boost
HP: 83
Attack: 53
Defense: 113
Sp. Attack: 191
Sp. Def: 113
Speed: 17
Total: 570
Dex entry 1: This hulking creature is a conglomerate of small, polyp-like creatures. It is one of the dangerous life forms known as Ultra Beasts.
Dex entry 2: When enraged, it fires scalding hot water out of its numerous chimneys at a pressure strong enough to cut through steel.
Height: 27’9”/8.5 m
Weight: 2,176.4 lbs./987.2 kg

Notable moves: Earth Power, Eruption, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Muddy Water, Overheat, Power Gem, Scald, Shell Smash, Sludge Wave, Solar Beam, Water Spout

Magnalith/UB Remanence (Magnet + Megalith)
The Lodestone Pokemon
Rock/Electric
Beast Boost
HP: 59
Attack: 163
Defense: 107
Sp. Attack: 41
Sp. Def: 37
Speed: 163
Dex entry 1: The rocks comprising its body can separate and reattach through magnetism. It is one of the dangerous life forms known as Ultra Beasts.
Dex entry 2: Its erratic movements seem almost comical. However, its mere presence can damage electronics beyond repair.
Height: 17’06/5.3 m
Weight: 558.1 lbs./253.1 kg

Notable moves: Accelerock, Drill Run, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Iron Head, Low Kick, Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Sky Uppercut, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Sucker Punch, Superpower, Wild Charge, Zen Headbutt, Zing Zap

Alluraune/UB Aroma (Allure + Alraune)
The Rafflesia Pokemon
Grass/Poison
Beast Boost
HP: 97
Attack: 127
Defense: 97
Sp. Attack: 37
Sp. Def: 181
Speed: 31
Dex entry 1: It lures prey into its arms with a lovely aroma, then grapples them. The petals then close around the hapless victim, and they are digested alive.
Dex entry 2: Despite its beautiful appearance, it is a vicious predator. It is one of the dangerous life forms known as Ultra Beasts.
Height: 9’09”/3 m
Weight: 478 lbs./216.8 kg

Notable moves: Amnesia, Earthquake, Foul Play, Gastro Acid, Gunk Shot, Haze, Leech Life, Leech Seed, Seed Bomb, Spikes, Strength Sap, Toxic Spikes, Petal Blizzard, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Power Whip, Recover, Toxic

Last edited:
Let's share the concept of my first ever fakemon!
It’s a Pokemon which likes to party, but is so terrifying to people that it isn’t desired enough to get an invitation.

Feteghosty (Fête (French for party) + Ghosty)
The Party Ghost Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Fairy (initially was Ghost/Psychic but I feel fairy fits better now I've seen Mimikyu)
Ability: Extra Supplies (recovered its held item if its knocked off or used)
Stats: Not sure about how to distribute stats, but I feel it should be a bulky special attacker.
Description:
Feteghosty loves one and only one thing: Parties! Unfortunately for it, though, it is never invited due to its fearful appearance. This Pokemon hopes for someone to invite it! That is the reason you'll find all sorts of party supplies with this Pokemon!

If extra supplies appear out of nowhere in your party, it's a sure indicator that this Pokemon wants to have fun and enjoy (basis for its ability) Invite it, and it'll be your best party ever!

The pattern on its 'eyes' varies with region and area, it's considered valuable among collectors as they want to collect all possible patterns! (It’s an idea inspired from Arbok).

Here's its artwork done by me. Sorry if it feels unpolished since it’s my first ever piece of Pokemon artwork.
fakemon_no__1__feteghosty__by_varocks-dac5e74.png
Aww! I'll catch one and throw lots of parties for him!

Here is what I came up with:
What a about a rock/boulder pokemon thats like eevee except it only evolves by using stones. Or perhaps it could have 7-8 consecutive evolutions, each adding more detail to its body. The final evolution would end up looking like a golem or something.

Ex: pokemon starts out as a simple rock creature, evolves once gains part of a arm, and becomes that type but the type will be replaced when the next stone would be used.

Deciding to dump my concepts here for people to see!

I had an idea about a Pokemon based on a sentient weapon with nuclear energy, but that may not go well with Japan...
Maybe they could say it’s an extremely charged weapon? Anyways I feel I should share the concept:

Nucklode
Type:
Poison/Psychic
Fakemon No. 2 'Nucklode'
fakemon_no__2__nucklode__by_varocks-db1ozix.png
Based on the concept of a knuckle duster charged with nuclear energy.

It’s supposed to evolve into:
Atlastom (At last [its supposed to have a high evolution level] + atom)
E29319B9-34FA-4CAA-B764-B27F63C0C7AC.png

I might as well dump some concepts here now that I've drawn and refined them.
Buoytle.jpg

Buoytle (Bug/Water) - This guy's based on diving beetles and snorkelers. It has good all-around bulk (High HP, Defense and Special Defense stats) and solid physical Attack, but low Speed and Special Attack. Its abilities are Swift Swim and Unaware; it can use the latter alongside Bulk Up to be a potent offensive tank, much like Smogon's CAP Arghonaut. Its STAB combination is worse and it has less resistances than a Water/Fighting-type, but it also has less weaknesses.
Commandant.JPG

Commandant (Bug/Ground) - This little fella's based on army ants and explosive ants (hence the grenade abdomen). It has decent Defense and Attack, but most of its other stats are rather average. However, its decent base 91 Attack is doubled by Huge Power, making it the third-most powerful user of Huge Power behind Mega Mawile and Mega Medicham. It has priority in Accelerock, as well as good coverage moves such as Iron Head. When all else fails, it can use Explode.
Docsquito.JPG

Docsquito (Bug/Poison) - This weirdo's based on mosquitoes and plague doctors. It has decent HP, Attack and Defense, but its Special Defense is poor and its Special Attack is nonexistent. However, it' has insane Speed, and it can use its ability, Triage, to spam Leech Life and Strength Sap with +3 priority. It also gets Aromatherapy for cleric support, and has a signature move called Vile Infusion, a 75 BP Poison-type version of Drain Punch that also has a nasty 40% chance to badly poison its opponents.
Lunaurora.JPG

Lunaurora (Bug/Ice) - Ever wonder what would happen if you took Volcarona, slightly lowered its Special Attack, boosted its Speed, changed it to a Bug/Ice-type and gave it Compund Eyes? Lunaurora would happen. Like Vivillon, it has a 97% accurate Sleep Powder; if it hits (which it most likely will), it'll get a free turn to set up Quiver Dance and then spam 93% accurate Hurricanes and Blizzards.

I sort of had an idea. What about a Pokemon based on emojis and smileys? The Pokemon would start out as a smiley-based Pokemon and it's evolution stage would be emoji-based.

Also, it would change type based on it's mood. It's default type would be a happy smiley (and emoji after evolution). And it would be normal type at that stage. But when it gets angry it could change to fire type, and when it gets sad to dark type, and when it is extremely happy to fairy type, and so on. That way it would be really unpredictable in battle because neither the trainer nor the opponent would be able to guess what it's next mood would be. So it can create an advantage for anyone.

Another idea I had was of a Pokemon based on Vehicles. (Transformers lol). Like it could start with a design based on a bike, then evolve into a design based on car. At both these stages it would be electric/steel type.
But for the final stage, it can either evolve into a plane based Pokemon (flying/steel type) or a ship based Pokemon (water/steel type). The final stage evolution would take place using evolutionary stones.
This Pokemon could be highly useful for transport. And it could be used in races too.

Molcano.JPG

Molcano
The Forge Pokemon
Ground/Fire
Tough Claws/Steelworker/Rock Head (HA)
HP: 85
Attack: 140
Defense: 102
Sp. Attack: 49
Sp. Defense: 70
Speed: 55
Total: 499
Dex entry 1: Molcano’s claws are hot enough to melt steel and stone. It burrows through almost anything with ease.
Dex entry 2: The beard of flame around its neck expresses its mood; the hotter it’s burning, the more excited Molcano is.
Egg groups: Field, Fairy

My inspiration for this comes from Pipotchi's Dwarmol; I went with a more fiery look, particularly the fire beard. The proportions and colors are based on Mole Knight from Shovel Knight.

Last edited:
I've always wanted for there to be a butterfly Pokemon made around the concept of butterfly effect. Like, most of its moves and abilities can interfere somehow with environment and actions of other Pokemon or are changed by it (like Natural Gift or Weather Ball), and it might even have a signature move that would be either high-priority and would change how other moves work on that turn (egg. reverse the weakness chart, make Protect fail, double the power of healing moves) or other way around: be low-priority move that changes into other moves depending on actions taken by other Pokemon (enemy used Toxic on it or teammate? It turns into Heal Bell. An ally used Wide Guard? It changes into Heal Pulse. Enemy used item? Focus Punch...)

I think Pokemon like this should have Bug/Dark typing (butterfly effect is sometimes called "butterfly of chaos", after all). As for stats - mostly defensive ones with low speed. I think 90HP-65ATT-100DEF-75SPATT-90SPDEF-60SPD-480BST would be good base stats.

Also - while I don't really have any clear idea in general, I think there are not enough Pokemon based on scorpions. It would be great to have one that isn't Skorupi nor Gligar (which technically isn't even scorpion, but bat/scorpionfly hybrid).

EDIT: I just remembered a fakemon I once drew and decided to share it here.
5722abdabecad47a.png
It's a dragon/cockatrice hybrid. It was supposed to be legendary, though a friend of mine who saw it decided that it would be more suited for a pseudo legendary if I gave it two preevolutions. Anyway - it's a huge flyer (alright, not so huge - I don't think it would be bigger than 120 centimeters/3'11 tall, though it would still give it a rather impressive wingspan of approximately 360 centimeters/11'9) with two poisonous spikes on its tail and ability to paralyze even the most fearless foes with its glare.
As for name - it's a portmanteu of japanese "Ryu" (dragon) and english "basilisk" (while cockatrice and basilisk aren't the same, they share the infamous "petrifying/killing glare" ability).

Last edited:
I do hope for new Mega evolution for krokodile wile three heads and this will be for ash

How about one based of the Slavic mythical creature, the Baba Yaga?

I guess it could be called Hagbyaba (Hag + Baba Yaga) and it could look vaguely humanoid. Probably a fairy/dark type, referencing the supernatural aspect of the Baba Yaga and the fact that she's usually portrayed as wicked.

How about one based of the Slavic mythical creature, the Baba Yaga?

I guess it could be called Hagbyaba (Hag + Baba Yaga) and it could look vaguely humanoid. Probably a fairy/dark type, referencing the supernatural aspect of the Baba Yaga and the fact that she's usually portrayed as wicked.
Well, there were two Pokemon based on Yukki-ona, so maybe it's not a bad idea...
Slavic myths in general have some good ideas for a future Pokemon. How about one based on Leshy? It could be a grass/fairy type. It would most probably have "Justified" ability, as Leshy is normaly peaceful and only attacks humans when they destroy forest.

Well, there were two Pokemon based on Yukki-ona, so maybe it's not a bad idea...
Slavic myths in general have some good ideas for a future Pokemon. How about one based on Leshy? It could be a grass/fairy type. It would most probably have "Justified" ability, as Leshy is normaly peaceful and only attacks humans when they destroy forest.

Oooh, sounds nice. Though would Justified be its hidden ability or its primary/secondary ability?

They should've made Cutiefly a hummingbird instead (although I do like the Bug-Fairy combination) and it would've went well with Alola's tropical environment too.

Fairy type unicorn. (<333333!)
Something thats a fighting and fairy type.
Fire/Fairy deer like starter line.
A fighting type extreme sports themed pokemon? (had to think of more for the fighting type LOL)

Yep......stuff like this :p

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom