• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Trainer Classes

Karkino

Reaction score
I thought I saw this post a while ago but if it still exists please delete this thread.

Basically do you have any ideas for some new Pokémon Trainer classes like Youngster and Lass?
Please add the type and/or Pokémon speciality linked to your concept. You may also add a small flavour text to you description and their usual location in the Pokémon world.

Here are some examples:

Geologist
Physical description: Middle-aged man/woman with cargo shorts, plain shirt with tan gloves looking a rock sample dissolving through an erlenmeyer.
Speciality: Rock and Ground type Pokémon + One with Dig move (Diggersby) or Foresight (Microscope reference)

Activist/Protester
Physical description: young slim man/woman with shouting through speaker/megaphone waving a sign with a sad looking pokémon on it.
Speciality: Pokémon type according to the environment they battle/believe in (Grass for forests, Water for oceans, etc.) and the Whismur family line.
Location: natural environments or cities (not small towns), come in small crowds.

Prima Donna
Physical description: fat middle-aged woman wearing elegant opera costume and heavy makeup, opening her mouth like she's holding a note, with her hands clasping around her stomach in an opera fashion.
Speciality: Elegant and feminine-looking fully evolved pokémon with sound move (Perish song, Round, Disarming voice, Sing)

Geologist just sounds too similar to Ruin Maniacs. Granted they're supposed to be Indiana Jones type archeologists, but still. They could also be filled with alternate scientists that use rock and ground pokemon like the Cold Storage Workers were. Protesters could be an interesting concept especially in the wake of Plasma being Poke-PETA. Prima Donna also sounds like another interesting concept considering they could be the older versions of Idols from D/P/Pt.

Anyway, here are some quick ideas of my own:

White Dwarf Starlet / Old Idol
Physical description: Oldest version of Idols and Prima Donnas. A washed up old woman who tries to hang on to what little fame she has. Has a look inspired by Norma Desmond and Baby Jane.
Specialty: Ghost and Fairy. Namely Banette, Mismagius, Cofagrigus ('20s and '30s love for Egyptian stuff reference), Chandelure, Gourgeist, Froslass, and pretty much any fully evolved fairy. May use cat pokemon during rematches or Battle Tower type challenges.
Location: Mansions, country clubs, chateaus, theaters, movie studios, haunted areas, ETC.

Bug Girl
Physical description: Tomboy-ish little girls. Think how Yellow looks in the Pokemon Adventures Manga.
Specialty: Bugs

Bug Queen
Physical description: Older versions of Bug Girls (Kind of like Bug Maniacs). Wears a dress similar to Vespiqueen and a tiara with antennae on it. They lampshade how embarrassing the costume is constantly.
Specialty: Fully evolved Bugs

Big Softie
Physical description: Burly men that talk tough and have flower beards and train fairies. Also may team up with Hex Maniacs and/or Fairy Tale Girls and become "Mysterious Family"
Specialty: Fairy
Location: Hanging out around Hex Maniacs and Fairy Tale Girls

Surfer
Physical description: Looks like a surfer riding a Wailmer/Lotad/Marill/Pikachu-shaped surfboard.
Type: Water

Rock Climber
Physical description: Looks like a climber of rocks, and is outfitted with a harness and/or climbing gear.
Type: Rock.
Locations: Wherever there are mountains or many ledges.

Agent
Description: Looks like an agent from MIB; suit and tie. Can assume a variety of other overworld sprite disguises however, kind of like the Ninja trainer class.
Type: Dark.
Locations: Anywhere, but more commonly in secluded areas.

Party Animal
Description: Has an audacious hairstyle (e.g. spiky) and possibly a party horn. Wears bright colors.
Specializes in: Fast Pokemon, Electric-type Pokemon.
Locations: Highly populated areas and buildings.

Average Joe
Description: A very austere outfit, like jeans and a white tee.
Specializes in: Bulky Pokemon, Normal-type Pokemon.
Locations: Secluded areas and buildings.

This is the only one I can think of right now:

Magician
Description: A man wearing a typical magician's outfit (top hat and cape) and carries a magic wand.
Specializes in: Any Pokemon that's flashy and magical, usually Psychic and Fairy, with the occasional Electric or Fire type
Locations: Urban and highly populated areas

Yes I know they already had Street Performers in Colosseum. As if they would carry anything over from Colosseum/XD.

Last edited:
Environmentalist / Naturalist (I must be missing an easier word, but the hippie nature people)
Physical Description: Modestly dressed, long hair, the males have long beards.
Specializes in: Grass types (insert joke here)

This is the only one I can think of right now:

Magician
Description: A man wearing a typical magician's outfit (top hat and cape) and carries a magic wand.
Specializes in: Any Pokemon that's flashy and magical, usually Psychic and Fairy, with the occasional Electric or Fire type
Locations: Urban and highly populated areas

Yes I know they already had Street Performers in Colosseum. As if they would carry anything over from Colosseum/XD.

Kind of like the Juggler class from HGSS?

Environmentalist / Naturalist (I must be missing an easier word, but the hippie nature people)

Tree-Hugger, maybe? :p I can't think of anything else.

Pokémon Coordinator
Description: Their outfits could be variations of the five different "forms" of this "Contest Pikachu" that was announced for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire (Would be interesting to see how a male "Cute Coordinator" looks like...) and they also serve as competitors in Hyper and Master Rank Contests. They share a bit of trivia about Contests after a battle, brag about the ribbons they've collected or are always a bit worried that their Pokémon might get too dirty while fighting.
Specializes in: Pokémon that suit the category they represent with their clothing (e.g. the Coordinators wearing the "tough" outfit tend to use tough-looking Pokémon that learn many "tough" attacks)

Yes, that's it!

I assume that more specifically they like to use Foongus and Amoongus.

Yes, that's it!

I assume that more specifically they like to use Foongus and Amoongus.

I loved the "Joe's Groupie" in Battle Revolution. It was that much funnier since I didn't even notice the first time I saw them. If ever there's another hot and popular guy in the main series, maybe as a Gym Leader, his Gym Trainers should totally be Groupies.

Physical Description: Kid and Teenage Fangirls dressed somehow similar to the guy in question and with sunglasses.
Specializes in: The same type the guy uses. Perhaps even lower stage Pokemon that he uses (Ex. He has Persian, they use Meowth).
Location: Wherever the guy is. Works best if this guy isn't a Gym Leader so it'd actually be a bunch of Fangirls following him everywhere.

Gangster
Physical description: Wears a fedora and sunglasses and dark clothing. Females wear suits as well as men. Gives out a lot of money when defeated.
Specialty: Dog pokemon

EDIT: Only partakes in Double and Triple battles.

Last edited:
Gangster
Physical description: Wears a fedora and sunglasses and dark clothing. Females wear suits as well as men. Gives out a lot of money when defeated.

We already have Roughneck, Punk Guy, and Punk Girl in 5th and 6th gen, I don't really see the point.

Gangster

We already have Roughneck, Punk Guy, and Punk Girl in 5th and 6th gen, I don't really see the point.
I think they were thinking more "Mafia"-ish gangsters.

Gangster

But these give out extra money! I also forgot to put that they only battle Double and Triple battles.

Conspiracist. Wears a tinfoil hat and uses Clefairy, Beeheeyem, Magnezone, with at least one dark type thrown in for good measure.

Pharaoh:
Male or female; 20's age range; wearing ancient Egyptian clothing; use Pokémon with Egyptian origins (Pidgeot, Lucario, Umbreon, etc.) or ancient origins (Golurk, Unown, etc.)

The first known trainer of this class could be named Atem as a reference to... Well, I think we all know who. And have Torkoal (Catapault Turtle), Magnemite (Alpha, Beta and Gamma the Magnet Warriors) and Bastiodon (Big Shield Gardna).

Neet:
Always have unkempt messy hair with shadows under their eyes. Wears sweat pants and a T-shirt with Valerie on them. Will use Rotoms and Trubbish. Will find them inside their houses (because why would they ever leave the house anyway?) XD

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom