• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas for Trainer Classes

Gangster
Physical description: Wears a fedora and sunglasses and dark clothing. Females wear suits as well as men. Gives out a lot of money when defeated.
Specialty: Dog pokemon

We already have Roughneck, Punk Guy, and Punk Girl in 5th and 6th gen, I don't really see the point.

But these give out extra money! I also forgot to put that they only battle Double and Triple battles.

Don't Roughnecks also specialize in Triple Battles? Plus, all the other "bad guy" classes are based off of biker gangs. I'm assuming you meant like Mafia Gangsters? Which would've been an awesome class to have in Castelia (based off of NYC, which is notorious for its Mafia wars)

I've had this idea way back...

Golfer
Looks like your average golfer you might see on TV. Maybe even has a stupid plaid hat. Holds a golf club, looks like he's about to swing at a Pokeball on the ground.
Specializes in either Grass or Normal types, or could just use local Pokemon.
Usually found at... golf courses, duh. Wide-open fields and hills could work too.

Gangster
Physical description: Wears a fedora and sunglasses and dark clothing. Females wear suits as well as men. Gives out a lot of money when defeated.
Specialty: Dog pokemon

We already have Roughneck, Punk Guy, and Punk Girl in 5th and 6th gen, I don't really see the point.

But these give out extra money! I also forgot to put that they only battle Double and Triple battles.

Don't Roughnecks also specialize in Triple Battles? Plus, all the other "bad guy" classes are based off of biker gangs. I'm assuming you meant like Mafia Gangsters? Which would've been an awesome class to have in Castelia (based off of NYC, which is notorious for its Mafia wars)

I'm pretty sure Roughnecks have existed since Gen III...

I've got one.

Solder
Physical description: a young man/woman who wears a military uniform based on the real-life regional counterpart
Specially: Fighting-type and, Steel-type, and Pokemon that are known for their loyalty to their trainers

What would be cool would be if you could choose your class at the start of or during the game.
For example:
Dragon Tamer
Dragon-type pokemon gain 5% more xp
Dragon-type pokemon have 5% increased catch rate
Cape customization item added

Pokemon Breeder
Eggs hatch 20% faster
Pokemon below lvl 10 gain 100% more xp
Apron customization item added

Biker
10% increased speed when riding your bike
Poison type pokemon have 5% increased catch rate
Leather Jacket customization item added

Rocker
Electric-type pokemon gain 5% more xp
Electric-type pokemon have 5% increased catch rate
Guitar customization item added

Etc.

At least, I think that would be funny.

Robo Geek

Physical Description: Males- teenager/young adult wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a Registeel on it. Female- young adult wearing a denim skirt and a Golett shirt.
Specialty: Steel types and Automatons
Locations: Inside large coliseums and other crowded venues and normally surrounded by other Poke fans.

Rescuer

Physical Description: Female, in her late twenties/early thirties wearing a pink blouse, blue jeans and a white apron, surrounded by small, cute Pokemon.
Specialty: Early Route rodents, cat types (Meowth, Skitty) and dog types (Lillipup, Growlithe)
Locations: Forests, small towns.

I would totally be a Robo Geek. Didn't see that one coming, did you? :XD:

I'd love to see an orchestra of trainer classes! Perhaps it would be too much, though. It just would be cool to see a trainer type representing each type of instrument in the orchestra, at least (brass, woodwind, percussion, strings, maybe piano).

I can't lie, I was kind of saddened to play through X and see no reference whatsoever to Europe's rich tradition of classical music.

Ninja (of both genders)
Use fighting, dark and poison types

Ballerina
Used fairy types and dance related moves

Hipster
Just use unloved/forgotten pokemons:
Dunsparce, Unown, Caterpy, Qwifish, Kakuna, etc..

I dot know if someone put this ideas before:

Crazy Man/Woman of the cats (Yes like the character from the simpsons)
This trainer wear an outfith that remembers a homeless people, they have an large barb (if the trainer is male) and large white hair at shoulder height, they can be found in the big cities, their team consist in cat-shaped pokemons: Purrloin, Mewth, Skitty, etc, etc.

Time Traveler
This trainer wear both ancient and futuristic accesories, in their qoutes the say he can travel across time but Is that true? or he only are saying lies? Their team have pokemon for all regions and some of their pokemons have their sprite changed to first, second, third generation.

Couch Potato
A bit overweight, wearing regular jeans and a T-shirt. Surrounded by snacks. Uses mostly Snorlax.

Princess
description: many of them look different from each other
specialty: fairy-types, psychic-types, kingdra, furfrou, serperior, pyroar,politoed
location: usually near where you can catch dragon-types (because of the association between dragons and castles)
one of them is named Sofia.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom