• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ideas from USUM you'd like to see on future games.

Reaction score
We know Gamefreak doesn't have the best track record when it comes to keeping certain features or ideas between games. However, with the ideas USUM presented (Ultra Warp Ride, a Pokemon as the main antagonist, Mantine Surf, etc), are there any you would like to see in some form in future games?
-
Personally, I'd like to see another Pokemon as the main antagonist. It would be very interesting to see how GF could build an 'evil team' around a singular Pokemon. Maybe the leader could be possessed or under their influence.

Last edited:
I'd like it if they kept the scouting feature of the Battle Tree. It's fun to battle alongside your fave characters. I'd also love it if they also implemented the Battle Agency feature where you don't have to start all over if you lose, just from the increment you managed to reach (and add an option to switch between this and the regular win-streak mode) into other future Battle facilities.

Last edited:
Oh, another thing that they must include in future games: mini-games like Mantine Surfing and Ultra Wormhole warps. Especially the latter. When they include other stuff for you to do other than battling, that's just wonderful, which is why I was so sad they took out the Amie mini-games from Gen 6. My only complaint is that I wish they would include a larger number of Pokemon in the Ultra wormholes.

Ride Pokemon. The exclusion of HM moves was a God-send. Seriously. No more HM slaves, no more making sure you have a Flying type just for the sake of having a Flying type for Fly, it's all been fixed and it's honestly fun to explore with the various abilities of Ride Pokemon.

I would like to see the photo club or something similar reappear, given that the Switch game will feature an all new and probably fully 3D graphics engine.

Sidequests. glorious, time-consuming, distracting sidequests. And maybe even a way to keep track of them. Agreed on the ride pokemon too. Partly. I miss having my own pokemon help me in the overworld. And moves that effect the overworld in general for that matter. Why get rid of dig, sweet scent, teleport? It kinda creates a barrier between your party and the overworld and I think that's a pity. and it makes it feel even more like all the adults/NPCs in the game are holding your hand

Two of my favorite things in this game were the Mantine surf minigame and Ultra Wormhole minigame. Its just a fun way to pass the time and it was cool that it had benefits. You could get BP just from riding a majestic sea flap flap, which could allow you to teach you Pokemon new moves. Then you could find rare and legendary Pokemon easily through the Ultra Wormholes. I'd love to see more stuff like that in future Pokemon games.

Villains with goals other than destroying the world or whatever. Guzma and Lusamine in my opinion are some of the most charming characters to date.

I'd like it if they kept the scouting feature of the Battle Tree. It's fun to battle alongside your fave characters.
The only thing I wish they fixed is the default partners available from the beginning. Let it be your rival or someone who's actually useful and has a chance to actually achieve a decent amount of streaks ;_;

I'd like the revised breeding feature to stay. Especially sending the eggs directly to the PC.

The Battle Agency. It's something I'd like to see improved upon while keeping the good aspects like giving out free Rare Candies when you compete a grade level. Just make it so that the Pokémon you get are auto scaled to your level, and have Pokémon that make sense competitively instead of random sets that wouldn't work that well in actual battles.

good new and old : abilities and moves; especially the buffing of old ones, like bulletproof and so on.

I hope that stuff like Pokemon Refresh and the Photo Club continue into future games. They make me really feel connected to my pokemon beyond just shouting orders at them in battle. Part of the reason why I miss the pokemon following you from HG/SS.

I'd also love to keep fun minigames like mantine surf. That is the best way for me to get BP since I'm criminally terrible at the battle tree and battle royale.

Ride pokemon were also a terrifice boon for the series! I can't describe the joy I had in the moment I realized that, no, I don't need to keep a flying type in my party at all times in the end game in case I want to fast travel via fly. Even if it's not ride pokemon from this point on, we should still have a way to prevent us from requiring to save slots on our teams for HM slaves. Though, at the same time, I hope they'll do something so we can still use non-hm moves outside of battle like Dig, Sweet Scent, and Teleport.

Also, side quests and side activities. Oh my goodness I loved the side quests. Fun ways to make money that isn't just "HEY YOU. BATTLE ME!!"

I also love that hidden items reappear in places. I know that's probably happened in past games in a few places.. but it just feels organic to be able to walk on the beach and find another sample of something the ocean washed up instead of areas basically being stagnant once our character marches through them. Now if only the trainers could become able to battle you again after so many hundred steps or so. That way they're not all just standing idly by on the road, their lives now devoid of all action and meaning now that an 11 year old child beat them in a pokemon battle. Personally that's about as creepy as our characters' non-changing smile.

There's a few ideas I'd like Game Freak to keep:
  • Fun mini-games like Mantine Surf
  • Ride Pokémon, or at least alternatives to HMs so you don't have to waste a spot on your party for HM slaves. Also, try to use organic obstables and the lack of a specific PokéRide/HM replacement as roadblocks instead of NPCs this time around
  • The concept of Ultra Beasts, mainly for the cool out-there designs.
  • The concept of regional variants in general. IMO, it makes up for the lack of new Pokémon in the current generations.

Bring back the 8 gym based system with league.

they can be called Trials or in a other way but done as "better gyms" with Trial Leaders, Captains, Heads, Chiefs and Symbols similar like gym simbols and a new kind of Pokemon league(with double battles, royal battles(4 trainers against each other and single(3vs3 and 6vs6 battles))).

Types+strategies+stats...

Like a dark/ghost gym focused on trapping the oponet,with pursuit and sucker punch in play.

A gym focused on switching could be bug typed.

A fire gym that uses a fire/grass ; fire/flying(could be a Talonflame) ; fire/dragon

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom