• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

HELP: Ideas on how to revise my story

awsome_zman

Reaction score
I've been working on a story for a week or two, but now I've run into an issue. To better understand, I need to give a general idea of how the story goes:
About a week after the events of the Delta Episode from the Hoenn remakes, two teenage trainers search for the whereabouts of Zinnia after she disappears because one of them has a crush on her for stupid reasons. Unbeknownst to them, they are being used by an organization called Team Paladin, which is hellbent on exterminating all Dragon-Type Pokémon and see those who use Dragon-types as traitors, and those who specialize in them are punishable by death. As they narrow down the possibilities, they realize they've helped Team Paladin locate Zinnia and their search becomes a race against time to defend the Draconid Lorekeeper.
I like most of the general idea, but the reason they're searching for Zinnia is something I'm not fond of. As I kept writing, I found what the two trainers were doing to be kind of stalker-ish, and while I lampshaded it while I wrote, I realized that it was something I didn't want to continue with. Since I couldn't just surgically remove that aspect of the story, I've instead chosen to start over. However, I've had trouble coming up with an alternate excuse for their hunt, so I would like to ask for help. I would greatly appreciate suggestions for how to fix it. Thanks!

Well, who says they're trying to track Zinnia because they like her? However you feel about Zinnia, canonically she's abrasive and violent. Maybe she stole a Mega Stone and didn't bother trying to return it once the events of the Delta Episode concluded. Perhaps they don't like Zinnia but not so much that they want to see her murdered

They could have two different reasons for tracking her. One of them could want to apprentice themselves to her and learn to train dragons. I also like Beth's idea that Zinnia has wronged someone. If they have differing motives, you can play with the interaction between them.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom