• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Ash got a Key Stone...

technickal

Reaction score
What accessory would he put it in? A Mega Ring? A Mega Glove? Maybe a Mega Hat, seeing it's one of the most prominent features of his clothing? Or would he just carry it around in his backpack?

Since it's likely the Mega Evolution specials are going to overlap with the main story, I'd say a Mega Bangle is possible. For ORAS promotion and stuff.

Most likely a Mega Bracelet. Since it would need to be visible.

Wouldn't surprise me if he just carried the keystone in his backpack or one of his pockets until he received a bracelet.

Mega Hat. He'd probably embed the Key Stone under the arch.

For the sake of symmetry I'd expect that it would be something that Serena makes for him, to match the use of his ribbon in her current outfit. A wristband would be the easiest to make, so that's the most obvious thing imo.

Let's talk about this when there show at least one in-universe hint that he is really getting a Key Stone.

Currently there just doesn't seem like any possibility he will get Key Stone, nor he is interested in Mega Evolution on his own Pokemon, basing on the current story trend. Besides, excluding his Oaked Pokemon, he doesn't have any MEable pokemon on his hand. Since from the past experience, he only take out his Oaked Pokemon only during the league (excluding Charizard, because before the time he returned, he was technically not "Oaked"), so even there may exist a slight chance, it will then only be during the Kalos League. But still, I doubt the existence of that slightest chance.

^ What she said.

I for one think there's still time for him to take interest, but for now it looks like he's not getting a Mega-Stone anytime soon. Heck, the producers use Mega-Evolution sparingly for special occasions and guest characters, and even then many of those have happened outside the Show proper.

That said, he should put it on the back of his hat. Ash turning his hat around in the sign crap just got real, so where better? :p

Last edited:
If he got a key stone... he would give it away to the CotD one episode later. Seriously, I could see that happening.

Maybe he would get a Glove, cause that is the main part that is to be shown more when he battles. Also, Having his hat rotate during the battle would be totally awesome

Maybe he would get a Glove, cause that is the main part that is to be shown more when he battles. Also, Having his hat rotate during the battle would be totally awesome

A ring or a glove is my pick. As much as it would be awesome it would be to see ash rotating his hat backwards to mega evolve i doubt they would give him that.

Mega belt buckle. Sort of serious, would love tonsee a character with one.

I don't understand why people think Ash is not interested in Mega Evolution. On the contrary, he seems very interested in it. Heck, in "Garchomp's Mega Bond!" he even asked if his own partner could Mega Evolve.

Ash hasn't really shown a lot of interest in the prospect of Mega Evolution, doesn't have a Mega Stone, nor a Mega Evolvable Pokemon on his team and with Pikachu and how XY is writing Mega Evolution and the technicality of it, I don't think he'll end up with one to be perfectly honest. If it happens that wouldn't be bad, I just don't see it happening really.

Ash hasn't really shown a lot of interest in the prospect of Mega Evolution, doesn't have a Mega Stone, nor a Mega Evolvable Pokemon on his team and with Pikachu and how XY is writing Mega Evolution and the technicality of it, I don't think he'll end up with one to be perfectly honest. If it happens that wouldn't be bad, I just don't see it happening really.

I'd be surprised if it didn't happen to be honest, since there seems to be an upcoming plot involving Ash and Alain crossing paths if the Japanese opening is anything to go by. Ash does have a number of candidates for Mega Evolution in reserve still, and the prospect of a Mega Charizard X vs Mega Charizard Y battle in particular seems like too much of an opportunity for the writers to pass up before the XY saga comes to an end.

The only premise of Mega Evolution in the anime that I don't really like is the aesthetic of the Mega Stone being attached to a Pokemon via a hugely obtrusive accessory, as seen in the Mega Evolution specials. If Ash gets his own Key Stone I hope that the accessories used by his Pokemon look a bit more organic.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom