• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Egg Group systems get a reboot/reset, which Pokémon you think should have their Egg Groups change

Rocket Zigzagoon

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
The Egg Groups have made some abnormalities for Pokémon breeding, and some Pokémon who deserves secondary Egg Groups only get single Egg Group, when others who are dual-Group gets put in wrong groups. However, the system hasn't gotten any revamps, even when Fairy-typing was introduced to balance Type Advantage charts. And this will not get any future revamps forever. Until the official further notice.

Most notably, Field Egg Group has so many mismatched Pokémon that should have been in another group that fits them better, but that's one of the abnormalities.

And yes, some unique Egg Group combinations have gotten wasted and so far no Pokémon belong to those.

But for now, big question! If the Egg Group system will get any change, reboot or reset, which Pokémon you think should got their Egg Groups altered?
(No Legendary, Mythical or UB Pokémon, please.)

My thoughts (and examples, maybe):
  • Ralts line should be in Fairy egg group in addition to Amorphous egg group due to the addition of Fairy-type.
  • Eevee-line should deserve unique Field/Amorphous egg group due tk unstable genetic makeups that most mammal Pokémon don't have.
  • Gastly line should be in Amorphous/Mineral egg group due to being based on pollution gases.
  • Shedinja should be in Undiscovered egg group.

The Ralts line should be in the Human-like group. I mean, really, the whole line is very human-like in both design and nature, so they should be put in that Egg Group. It's only logical, as Mons like Abra are in that group and yet that line doesn't look like humans (unless humans have fat tails and fox-like heads with big whiskers, which I doubt). So the Ralts line should go into the Human-like group.

The Ralts line should be in the Human-like group. I mean, really, the whole line is very human-like in both design and nature, so they should be put in that Egg Group. It's only logical, as Mons like Abra are in that group and yet that line doesn't look like humans (unless humans have fat tails and fox-like heads with big whiskers, which I doubt). So the Ralts line should go into the Human-like group.
That's unique combination, but I think Fairy would fit them, since Ralts-line themselves are fairy-like (even a Fairy-type itself!) for modern fairy standards.
Much like how Eevee line should be in Amorphous-group or Fairy-group.

-Magmar (maybe), Aerodactyl, Kecleon, Torkoal, Sandile, Tirtouga and Jangmo-o should all be in the Monster egg group
-Snivy, Archen, Noibat and maybe Trapinch (cause Flygon) should be in Dragon
-Zubat, Snorlax and Kangaskhan should be in Field
-Hawlucha and maybe Torchic and Piplup should be in Flying
-Goomy should be in Amorphous
-Pawniard and Bergmite should be in Mineral
-Crogunk and Oshawott should be in Water 1
-Tynamo and Stunfisk should be in Water 2
-Scraggy should be in Human-like

Well, since Cosmog established that legendary Pokemon CAN be part of an evolutionary family...

I rate this idea as quite unlikely, but personally I'd like to see more "juvenile" forms of legendaries. It could either go the Cosmog route (where the base form is only acquired once per save file but can evolve 'normally'), or the Manaphy route (where the legendary form is breedable but the offspring does not evolve). In the latter case, eligible legendaries would be regrouped in the "gender unknown" category.

The nido girls need to be able to breed. Own up and admit you screwed up the coding already, game freak.

Also put an end to SkittyXWailord jokes. If a clefairy and, say, sneasel can't have eggs together then why on earth should a cat and whale be able to?? Clefairy and sneasel are MUCH closer in appearance than skitty and wailord.

Why isn’t Incineroar in the human-like egg group?
It’s predominantly feline in design, and being in that egg group doesn’t make sense for Litten and Torracat. Now, making Incineroar’s design less human-like, that would please me.

Speaking of the human-like egg group, though, it’s weird that Croagunk and Hawlucha are in it (and only it, no less! Not with the Water 1/Flying groups respectively??), but not the Ralts line. Additionally, most of the Pokémon that do belong in both human-like and another egg group just seem misplaced in the former.

Blaziken is in that egg group and less human like than Incineroar.
Felines are closer to humans than chicken.

Litten and Torracat could remain field though.
With that logic, Steenee and Tsareena should be in the Human-like egg group

Flygon should be in the Dragon egg group

With that logic, Steenee and Tsareena should be in the Human-like egg group

Tsareena family has even less in common with humans, being from a different kingdom totally (Platae vs Animalia) if we use real world biology.

Incineroar is closer to humans appearance and biology wise (division mammalia) than other human-like egg group Pokémon like Blaziken.

Anyways I don’t mind if Tsareena is in the human like egg group, I just thought Incineroar was an obvious candidate if Blaziken is in it.

Why isn’t Incineroar in the human-like egg group?

It’s predominantly feline in design, and being in that egg group doesn’t make sense for Litten and Torracat. Now, making Incineroar’s design less human-like, that would please me.

Speaking of the human-like egg group, though, it’s weird that Croagunk and Hawlucha are in it (and only it, no less! Not with the Water 1/Flying groups respectively??), but not the Ralts line. Additionally, most of the Pokémon that do belong in both human-like and another egg group just seem misplaced in the former.

Agreed that pokemon with human-like tendencies or "jobs" should be in the human-like group. If Hawlucha is in the Human-like group, then why not Incineroar, which is another wrestler-based pokemon? Also, the Ralts family. Gardevoir and Gallade are based on "knights", so it makes sense.

Speaking of the human-like egg group, though, it’s weird that Croagunk and Hawlucha are in it (and only it, no less! Not with the Water 1/Flying groups respectively??), but not the Ralts line.

I know its the exact opposite of what the topic is supposed to be about, but if the Ralts family were to be in the Human-Like Egg Group, I would've found it way too predictable and boring. I personally actually like how the Ralts family is in the Amorphous Egg Group; it kinda gives the implication that they're actually spectral entities that merely developed humanoid aspects over time due to their close bond with humanity. I like to theorize that they have some sort of taxonomic relation to the Misdreavus and/or Shuppet families; Ralts is stated to sense people's emotions through its pink horns while Misdreavus and Shuppet feed off of people's emotions through the floating 'necklace' appendages and its horn respectively.

I know its the exact opposite of what the topic is supposed to be about, but if the Ralts family were to be in the Human-Like Egg Group, I would've found it way too predictable and boring. I personally actually like how the Ralts family is in the Amorphous Egg Group; it kinda gives the implication that they're actually spectral entities that merely developed humanoid aspects over time due to their close bond with humanity. I like to theorize that they have some sort of taxonomic relation to the Misdreavus and/or Shuppet families; Ralts is stated to sense people's emotions through its pink horns while Misdreavus and Shuppet feed off of people's emotions through the floating 'necklace' appendages and its horn respectively.
Actually agreed with Ralts line being in Amorphous egg group, but not being In Fairy Egg group makes less sense since their Fairy-type retcon. Amorphous/Fairy egg group best fits Ralts line while for Eevee line, Field/Amorphous group might fit.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom