• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If GF can only make one: Platinum or GS remake?

Platinum or GS remake?

• GS Remake (SOVA member)

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • GS Remake (not SOVA member)

Votes: 54 58.7%
  • Platinum (SOVA member)

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Platinum (not SOVA member)

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters

The Outrage

Reaction score
I would wager that those who care about a remake are only slightly greater in number than SOVA, if even that.

I take that wager and will post a thread in the video game section for all to see.

Which would you rather them make?

Version 2 by popular demand since I didn't know how to edit polls without completely deleting the thread

You cannot stop Platinum from being made. If they decide to do anything beyond that, I don't care.

The ideas behind this thread are several kinds of stupid.

We got "GS remake" stupidity, SOVA stupidity and an incredibly stupid signature in the OP that makes the very poll completely and utterly pretenious.

Whoever makes the games (Game Freak and Nintendo) has absolutely NOTHING to do with whoever does the english dub of the anime (PUSA).

In case you know, I find living in the past for both things unbelieveably retarded and I think less of people who want GS remakes and want 4kids back.

Yes I am aware of the many levels of stupid this thread was based on.

You cannot stop Platinum from being made. If they decide to do anything beyond that, I don't care.

Not as if I am trying, if you actually read the first post and perhaps the threads those posts were taken out of. Why do you think I took the time of making sure those little square thingies were on there.

As for PDL, I have already acknowledged knowing the level of this thread's stupidity, however, you seem to have used this as a way to bash SOVA members or people who want remakes when the purpose of this poll is to see whether "those who care about a remake are only slightly greater in number than SOVA, if even that."

And really, with all the stupid threads that pop up daily, I'm being called out for making one, which, despite all its retardation, is still a valid question considering all the peopel complaining about wanting a GS remake.

Is wanting to know a number for that a sin now?

It is hilarious that no one in the Pokemon community can ever lighten up and take a joke, and this coming from the guy who used to scream at peopel for bumping threads, and from a person who got banned because of posting a joke involving the intellect of animals.

In all honesty, the first place I wanted to post this was HoS, but I can't make threads there and figured this would be moved there eventually (despite being on par with the level of intelligence as most of the other random polls ever posted on a Pokemon board)

Whoever makes the games (Game Freak and Nintendo) has absolutely NOTHING to do with whoever does the english dub of the anime (PUSA).

This post alone makes me wonder if you even read the actual post in order to understand the premise in which this thread was made, though earlier comments make me think you do. But then, all you would need to do is read the poll to figure out all the levels of stupidity in this one thread, but either way it just seems as if you want to use this thread to bash those living in the past, despite the fact this was not the purpose of this thread at all.

You can deny this all you want, but whether consciously or unconsiously, you did, otherwise that last comment: "In case you know, I find living in the past for both things unbelieveably retarded and I think less of people who want GS remakes and want 4kids back." would not have been posted.

Good for you, you think less of them, but really, did we need to know that? I mean I can go rambling on about how I think less of people who think less of others for such trivial matters, then go on to talk about how hypocritical that sounds, but really, no one wants to know and it is not really relevant to this thread is it?

EDIT: acknowledgement of all my spelling people as "peopel" but am too lazy to change.

Last edited:
I see then... Well in that case:

Platinum is much more likely then a GS remake and no I do not support SOVA (as they were a colssal failure).

That's my opionion.

I'm assuming the question is what would you want and not what is more likely...

I'd rather a GS remake as it would have a lot more to offer than just D/P with some extra features and a different storyline.

Edit: Oh and no I don't really care about SOVA that much.

L, I dunno if you noticed, but any thread with SOVA in it devolves into a flamewar no matter what. It was just stupid to do this.

Oh, SOVA sucks btw, but that's beside the point.

:smokin:

Obviously Platinum is already on the way, but personally I wanted a GSC remake more, so I voted "GSC remake".

...*mutters something about SOVA and the depths of Hades*

uh haha lol

maybe you should reread my post and see what I was actually saying
approved-1.png

I can simply not imagine why would someone want DP3 instead of GSDS. The second one is old enough, that some of us might not even remember the content fully. Not to mention that it is likely that it will feature even more plot content, probably the most new in the Pokemon franchise. DP3 is most likely gonna be the same thing for a third time. I just hope it will be kinda late for Europe, so that I will be in the mood for Sinnoh again. >_>

I can simply not imagine why would someone want DP3 instead of GSDS. The second one is old enough, that some of us might not even remember the content fully. Not to mention that it is likely that it will feature even more plot content, probably the most new in the Pokemon franchise. DP3 is most likely gonna be the same thing for a third time. I just hope it will be kinda late for Europe, so that I will be in the mood for Sinnoh again. >_>

I remember GS very well enough. It's actually nothing to really write home about.

It's just far too overhyped for it's own good.

I'd rather have a single fully fleshed region then two watered down ones, it was too easy and not much of a challange and to top it all off, it didn't even showcase the Pokémon that debuted in that gen properly.

Most of GS's success was largely from being a direct sequal to RBY. At least the newer games try to not be directly related to older generations.

Lol, L this is so funny to me for some reason, but it was a hard choice, I picked Platinum because of my obsession for patterns and I'll never feel right if there isn't a 3rd version. I'd still want a GS remake, going back and playing Crystal.. it feels like it needs a remake.

Seeing as I don't have much of a choice,
I would love a return to johto, (look at my sig) and still think it to be the best game in the series to this date.

As it currently stands, the demographic of those who want GSC remakes is not "only slightly greater in number than SOVA" but apparantly significantly higher.

Also want to point out that there are people who want GSC remakes that aren't living in the past, just like how there are sensible Misty fans. Though few in numbers, they do exist.

I remember GS very well enough. It's actually nothing to really write home about.

It's just far too overhyped for it's own good.

I'd rather have a single fully fleshed region then two watered down ones, it was too easy and not much of a challange and to top it all off, it didn't even showcase the Pokémon that debuted in that gen properly.

Most of GS's success was largely from being a direct sequal to RBY. At least the newer games try to not be directly related to older generations.
I'd say that it's really just a matter of opinion. I for one quite liked GSC, and would like a remake (and think it probably will, although certainly know that it's also possible it won't).

Upon saying that, I would like it if GSC, if a remake was done, to be improved upon, and without any 'watering down', especially of Kanto, for instance. Which could be done, but depends on memory and all that... well, we'll just have to wait and see.

For me - I'd rather a GSC remake - a game which I haven't been able to play for a while and can't due to the internal battery being dead, and a game which I really quite enjoyed playing, over a 'updated' version of Diamond and Pearl with a few new features - but a game which I have played quite recently, which kinda nulls my want for Platinum.

But as I said, purely matter of opinion. Soem like other games more than others. Personally want both new games and a GSC remake...

As for SOVA - well, what does it have to do with Platinum/GSC? Personally, I couldn't care less about that... and I don't see voice dubbing mising witht he games anytime soon either.

As for SOVA - well, what does it have to do with Platinum/GSC? Personally, I couldn't care less about that... and I don't see voice dubbing mising witht he games anytime soon either.

No really, does anyone ever, I mean EVER and I can't emphasize EVER read the first post?

I mean you read one of the other posts, you'd think you would have alteast read that long one with the rant about READING THE FIRST POST

Or atleast the post after that:

As it currently stands, the demographic of those who want GSC remakes is not "only slightly greater in number than SOVA" but apparantly significantly higher.

which reiterates the purpose of this thread, which apparantly needs to be spelled out for all you people:

No, this thread is not one of those run-of-the-mill "lolz which odo you want lolz" despite my attempts at making it look like that with my sig, but assumed the general bulbagarden population was smart enough to figure out but was obviously wrong. No, it has gone one step further and is comparing the demographic of SOVA fans with those who want GS remakes, though the poll is a bit flawed since the "other" option does not tell me whether it is a SOVA member who does not care, or a non-SOVA member.

Yes, as stupid as it may seem to people, this poll is actually much mroe complicated than any other poll most people post!

As for the reason why I wanted to know, let me ask you this, why does anyone want to know whichis your favorite legendary? Why does anyone want to know what Gastrodon, Deoxys, Wormaddam forms you prefer? Why does anyone care to know your favorite Pokemon? Answer those questions, and the answer as to why this thread was made will come to you.

Last edited:
L said:
That's assuming that a) everyone actually votes in this poll, b) SOVA members spend a lot of time perusing the games section, and c) Bulbagarden is an accurate distribution of both parties (it's really not).

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom