• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Gold ever became a trainer like Red...

If Gold became a legendary trainer like Red, his team may be like this:
-Meganium
-Typhlosion
-Feraligatr
-ExtremeSpeed Dragonite
-Red Gyarados
-Shuckle/Togekiss

(similar to what others said)

Yea, this is probably his team:
3 Johto startersTogekiss
Umbreon
Sudowoodo
Togekiss?

EDIT:Thought this might go in the subject... how about PKMN Trainer Brendan?

His team could be
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Keleon
Metagross
???

Yea, this is probably his team:
3 Johto startersTogekiss
Umbreon
Sudowoodo
Togekiss?

His team could be
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Keleon
Metagross
???

No Sudowodo for Gold, Extremespeed Dragonite.

As for Brendan, Wobbuffet.

For Gold, I think his team would be:
Typhlosion
Politoed
Sunflora
Ambipom
Togekiss
Sudowoodo

((is thinking about the manga too much. xD))

Yeah but Ethan doesn't sound as threatening as Gold in my opinion...

Ethan's a MAN's name. Seriously. Ethan is the name that all men should have..
Gold sounds like his mom who couldn't pick a name so chose a random name.

Shouldn't this topic be gender neutral? Not everyone thinks Ethan is the canon protagonist. I'm neutral on the protagonist, unlike the other two gens where I'm certain that the females are the protagonist, however shouldn't this be gender neutral anyway?

Lemme think.

Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr.

That's certain.

Pikachu because it's the mascot or Pichu because it's the remake mascot?
No. Then Togekiss. It was one of the gen 2 mascots, is an evolution of a Johto Pokemon and doesn't belong to Red.

Sudowoodo is an event Pokemon.

Red Gyarados.

Here's what I think what would be the team of Lyra the protagonist if she they appeared in a future game.

Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Togekiss, Sudowoodo, and Gyarados.

May's team? We're talking about HGSS, not RSE.

Last edited:
I think if you wanted to do an Eeveelution, Umbreon would be the best choice; not only was it introduced in Generation II, but it represents the Dark-type, which was itself introduced in GII. Either that or have it be either Leafeon or Glaceon (since Red's original team included Espeon, an Eeveelution from a generation after the character's introduction).

I'm going to knock out Sudowoodo. It's just not really material for that team. ExtremeDragonite is better overall.

I'm going to knock out Sudowoodo. It's just not really material for that team. ExtremeDragonite is better overall.

What about Lance already owning a Dragonite? Dragonite is usually saved for the champions. Although...Gold could be considered a champion.

I don't like the idea of Togekiss in the team. Togekiss is a gen 4 evolution of Togetic. Isn't Gold supposed to represent Johto/2nd gen?

But then again, Red did have an Espeon at one point..

P.S. I keep reading the title of this thread as "If God ever became.."

What about Lance already owning a Dragonite? Dragonite is usually saved for the champions. Although...Gold could be considered a champion.

I don't like the idea of Togekiss in the team. Togekiss is a gen 4 evolution of Togetic. Isn't Gold supposed to represent Johto/2nd gen?

But then again, Red did have an Espeon at one point..

P.S. I keep reading the title of this thread as "If God ever became.."

Okay then maybe a Beedrill (since bug types don't get much love...)

Why would Lyra/Ethan the player have a Dragonite? It's not an event Pokemon and it was already from Gen 1.

His team could be
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Keleon
Metagross
???
I don't see Kecleon on a legendary trainer team...
What about replacing him with Wobuffet and adding an... *Goes to bulbapedia*... Ok, I give up...let's keep Kacleon. ^^

The Gen IV Red reflects the Yellow Version in the sense that all Pokémon he has belong to evolution families of Pokémon given out by NPCs or limited field Pokémon (Pikachu is given by Oak, Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle given early by three NPCs, Lapras is given out by a person in Silph Co., and there are only two Snorlax available). So, if Ethan were to become like Red, I'd give him this set of Pokémon:
* Shuckle (Cianwood City, even though the guy actually asks it back later)
* Sudowoodo (Route 36)
* Snorlax (Vermilion City)
* Red Gyarados (Lake of Rage)
* Dragonite (ExtremeSpeed one from Dragon's Den)

The last spot is really hard, as he shouldn't have legendaries. One possiblility would be a Fearow with the name Kenya (Checkpoint between Goldenrod City and Route 35), but that's pretty farfetched.

No starters?

I'd use a starter in his team if there was one he can always get regardless of player's choices.

Also, I remembered what should be his last one. Tyrogue -> one of the Hitmons.
E: Right. Scrap Shuckle, swap in Extrasensory Togekiss. So the final team could be:
* Sudowoodo (Route 36)
* Snorlax (Vermilion City)
* Red Gyarados (Lake of Rage)
* Hitmonchan (Mt. Mortar)
* Togekiss (Extrasensory one from the egg from Elm's aide in Violet City Poké Mart)
* Dragonite (ExtremeSpeed one from Dragon's Den)

Last edited:
The best I can come up with, when I factor in Lapras, Snorlax, and Pikachu holding a Light Ball (As the first two were very strong in Gen I, and in some ways, still are):

Three starters for sure

And then three of these:
Heracross
Skarmory
Steelix
Miltank
Scizor
Umbreon
Togetic/Togekiss
Ampharos
MAYBE, Noctowl (With insanely good IVs though)

Those are most of the power junkies from Gen II, similar to Lapras/Snorlax were in Gen I, so that's how I choose most of them. Togepi because it is pretty much the original symbol of Gen II, and Noctowl because in HG/SS so far (for me at least), Blue's Pidgeot can do some serious damage.

Maybe also the evolutions of some other dudes who trace their origins to Gen II, Weevil (sp...), Hunchkrow (sp...). Plus those along with Steelix/Scizor showed off how the "new" types can do some serious damage to a Gen I standard team.

I've not played or been around enough of the Gen III dudes to make any opinion about Brendan's possible super-team. (I'm not even sure Brendan is Gen III, I'm just assuming here...)

EDIT: Reasoning for no Tyranitar: Red doesn't have Dragonite.

Well, what about Lucas/Dawns team?

I suppose Lucario and Togekiss, except that would be to much like Cynthia and if Togekiss gets its way on Golds team, then use Blissey?
The startes are given, but what about the last one? Porygon-Z? It's awesome so I would pick it.

And for Gold, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him Spiky whit MEGAÛBER LIGHTBAL!!

Okay then maybe a Beedrill (since bug types don't get much love...)
Why a Beedrill? Beedrill doesn't make any sense seeing how it's easily available in the wild and has been around since Gen 1.

Idea: Possibly Tyrannitar? I know there's mention of not using Dragonite because it's around since gen 1. But Tyrannitar is the new like..psuedo-legendary. Although it isn't an event.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom