• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Gold ever became a trainer like Red...

Where did that come from? o_o

If his team was like Red, he'd have:
Typhlosion - Final evolved starter
Feraligatr - Same
Meganium - Same
Red Gyarados - Like Snorlax, it's one of those Pokemon you talk to and battle
Togekiss - I dunno, it's like Pikachu because it's kinda cute XD
Extremespeed Dragonite - Like Lapras, it's a gift Pokemon

Wow... this is a lot like my team, but replace Togekiss and Dragonite with Ampharos and Noctowl. XD

I see where you're coming from that mismagius is an odd choice, but think of it this way: Misdreavus was a very rare pokemon in gold and silver, only being able to be caught in Mt. Silver. Mt. Sliver happens to be where Gold challenges Red, so one might show his connection to the place (even though Tyrannitar could fill a similar role). Also, I picture him having a ghost type on his team.

Meganium (Starter)
Typhlosion (Starter)
Feraligatr (Starter)
Togekiss (Egg from Mr. Pokemon)
Sudowoodo (Roadblock, like Snorlax)
Hitmontop (Tyrogue from Dojo Master in Mt. Mortar)

Nah. I'm in favor of having Lyra take Red's spot :p

Seriously, IMO, I think Lyra'sEthan's tam would be:

Feraligatr
Meganium
Typhlosion
Tyranitar - Since Larvitar are only found in Mt. Silver.
Red Gyrados - It's a major plot point in HGSS. (Ethan's Kanto Pokemon, a counterpart to Red's Johto Pokemon, Espeon)
Ampharos

The three starters and three Dragonites just to be a pain in the ass. jkjk.

I think his team should be: Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Tyranitar, Red Gyarados, and a Dragonite with extremespeed. Why?

I think Ethan - or Lyra - really deserves the title (though I prefer Ethan over Lyra). Sorry, Red. :/

Actually, and interesting twist would be to give him the 3 legendary dogs as well as the starters!

I suggest:
Typhlosion
Meganium
Feraligatr
Red Gyarados
Togekiss
Tyranitar (it dominated G/S/C battling, give it some slack)

Problem: a decent electrical attacker destroys this team, as only Meganium resists, unless they give Tyranitar Earthquake.

As a novelty, I suggest the following in place of Tyranitar:
Unown. (oh, yes)
Smeargle (4 random moves each time you battle him)

Or, a competitive G/S/C team:
Tyranitar
Skarmory
Blissey
Herracross
Umbreon
Porygon2/Z

or, the cheapo legendary version:
Celebi
Lugia
Ho-oh
Entei
Suicune
Raikou

Probably, if any, the first one. The latter two will probably never be used.

Nah. I'm in favor of having Lyra take Red's spot :p

Seriously, IMO, I think Lyra'sEthan's tam would be:

Feraligatr
Meganium
Typhlosion
Tyranitar - Since Larvitar are only found in Mt. Silver.
Red Gyrados - It's a major plot point in HGSS. (Ethan's Kanto Pokemon, a counterpart to Red's Johto Pokemon, Espeon)
Ampharos

Larvitar can be caught in the Safari Zone.

Red Gyradoes would certianly be in Gold's party. Also I think he would have Tyranitar as it is one of the most powerful pokemon that appeared origanially in Johto(not counting the lengendaries)

I always figured the reason Red had all the starters was that you could get them all in Yellow. There is no game where Gold can get them all without trading.

Also, why Gold? Why not Kris/Lyra? Why is it always the ugly male trainer? >:C

Maybe he could have a Tyranitar because's he's a pretty decent poke

True, but all of Red's Pokemon are obtained through special circumstances in the game. The player can go to Mt. Silver (or the HGSS safari zone) and catch as many Larvaitar as he/she wants.

Since it's pretty much set that he has the three starters:

ExtremeSpeed Dragonite: Received for being kind to Pokemon, which is an important part of the protagonists character. Also would be tough to take down, and Gold Ethan needs to be a challenge, Red wasn't that hard.

Red Gyarados: Although you can catch as many shinny Gyarados as you want, Ethan should still have it. It received a lot of attention in HGSS, and although you don't have to, you're expected to catch it, much like the Snorlax in RBGY/FRLG.

Togekiss: Mr. Pokemon's egg. That's pretty much the only reason. And I don't want to fight a Sudowoodo, which is pretty much the only other choice. Ethan is supposed to be a Pokemon master, he should have awesome Pokemon.

There's no reason for him having all starters like Red had, since Red's team is based in Yellow, where the player had access to all starters. I suggest that Gold team would be something like this:
- Typhlosion
- Togekiss
- ExtremeSpeed Dragonite
- Sudowoodo/Ampharos
- Red Gyarados
- Umbreon
Umbreon mainly because Espeon/Umbreon were introduced in this generation and Bill gave that Eevee to Gold. Sudowoodo had also a little different encounter in the game, but Olivine's Lighthouse's Amphy could have inspired Gold catch one (and since Sudowoodo would feel a bit too random for a badass team). Shuckle could also be a option :D.

Yeah, sounds a lame team...

Basing on what pokémons we know he has in PA... it should be:

Ambipom (Rivals Red's Pikachu for that matter)
Typhlosion
Sudowoodo
Sunflora
Togekiss
Politoed

Inclined to say that he might replace Sunflora with Mantine

There's no reason for him having all starters like Red had, since Red's team is based in Yellow, where the player had access to all starters. I suggest that Gold team would be something like this:
- Typhlosion
- Togekiss
- ExtremeSpeed Dragonite
- Sudowoodo/Ampharos
- Red Gyarados
- Umbreon
Umbreon mainly because Espeon/Umbreon were introduced in this generation and Bill gave that Eevee to Gold. Sudowoodo had also a little different encounter in the game, but Olivine's Lighthouse's Amphy could have inspired Gold catch one (and since Sudowoodo would feel a bit too random for a badass team). Shuckle could also be a option :D.

Yeah, sounds a lame team...

shuckle CANT be an option (Starts crying) lol

actually i think it should depend on which type of starter you pick. He should have only one starter,the type of which would coorespond to you chosen starter type. Since latley we have had rivels that have the type stronger to yours and rivel that have the type weak to yours i would like to see someone with the same type of starter as me.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom