• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Guzma had been the main villain...

Is the gender of the villain really relevant to the story or should be above it?
I'd say storyline first, but of course people's opinions may differ.
In franchise were we have had several Males main villains but like zero female head villains it is kind of is. Would it be better if or first and let's be frank probably last female head Villain wasn't a stereotypical twist villain , maybe. But at last beggars can't be choosers. I thought it was rather ground breaking storyline was that Pokemon at least tried one attempt at twist villain. I don't think the light can be evil is as overplayed trope quite yet.

Also if Guzma was main and only villain we would have to hear the Skull Team theme 20% more. While it a good theme , It way more ear wormy then theme music has the right to be. Due my battery dying at the wrong time I had to listen to 20% more than most players. That theme ear wormed it way right into the center of brain and tormented me in my sleep for weeks.

Last edited:
he would need to use First Impresion with Gollisopod when sending in and use its ability better.
Maybe a 3vs3 with Armaldo or Shedinja would have been better.
As a main villian he would need to have a 6vs6 battle with Ash. We always lacked that with main villians.

I honestly don't think that Guzma had potencial to be the main villain. He's not the "conquerer of the world" type, he's just a rejected punk so I don't think that SM would've been better. What I would love was to have a recovered Po Town post-game.

Last edited:
I mean, Guzma wouldn't be a terrible main villain. They'd just have to up his scare factor. Make him and team skull more of a "traditional" gang. Trashing things, threatening people, the works. What Team Rocket is to the Mafia/Yakuza, Team Skull would be to Street Gangs. There could even be a rival gang that they have a sort of gang/turf war with.

Also, was it really that surprising that the Aether Foundation were the bad guys? They have bad guy written all over them. Moreso than Lysandre. And he was wearing Team Flare's colors for crying out loud!

They might have been less surprising if Game Freak hadn't tried so hard to play up how good and pure they were in the pre-release material. They pretty much went out of their way to make sure players knew they were "the good guys" and that Team Skull were "the bad guys." It's just like they were saying "they're evil but we're not telling you it because they pretend to be good and we're going to try to sell that to you".

Plus I mean, Branch Chiefs? foundation workers? Admins and Grunts, plain and simple. (Also there was that whole really super off theory a bunch of people had about Lusamine and Lilly and a couple pthers secretly being Ultra Beasts but that proved to be all wild speculation so, yeah.)

Sorry, I get ranty when I'm tired.

Guzma under control of Guzzlord or caught it and uses it?

Guzma under control of Guzzlord or caught it and uses it?

He suits Xurkitree more imo.

I think making him the main villain could be interesting if he's double-crossing Lusamine instead of simply working for her.

I just can't see Guzma as a main villain. I can't help but see him as a troubled young adult who feels like the world keeps shutting doors on him and keeping him from reaching the goals he had as a child. Having an abusive father didn't help his personality either probably. And in a world where toddlers can have creatures that use super powerful attacks, it makes even a minor gang of outcasts into what would be a huge deal in our world. He wasn't helping Lusamine because of a promise of power or bribery or anything. She's the only adult that took him seriously.

If Guzma were the 'main villain' of Sun and Moon, I can't say I could see the plot going anywhere in the same direction. They'd have to find a way to write the ultra beasts and legendaries into the plot because team skull wouldn't be the ones causing them to come out.

He suits Xurkitree more imo.

I think making him the main villain could be interesting if he's double-crossing Lusamine instead of simply working for her.

give him two Ultra Beast, would make a nice double battle.
Maybe use him in future as a villian? would be nice. a villian and rival in one.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom