• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If it were real....

paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Expert
Reaction score
What would be different about the Pokémon World, if it were.... more realistic?

Cities would be MUCH larger, (lol Pallet Town has two houses), and you couldn't leave home at ten, sorry.

EDIT:

Requesting that we use the manga as a basis for this thread, seeing as how it's more realistic than the games and animé. If you haven't read the manga, base your comments on the games - but the animé is just WAY to unrealistic. = /

Last edited:
The first city after Pallet would be Pewter, not Veridian. Since Veridian has the strongest gymleader, the city should be the very last.

Actually, trainers would start from all over Kanto and not just Pallet Town. Trainers would be able to challenge the Viridian Gym even if a loss was very likely.

Lol, I beleive this is the 1000th time those have been posted, yet I still love those pics!

Hmm... I have seen this pic, the thing on the pic is ugly.

If pokemon were real I would be married to Rukario. I'm serious. I wouldn't care what others think. I would marry my pokemon and I would be happy. Feelings are the most important, pokemon may fall in love too.

I'm not a pervert because I don't fall with real animals. I love Rukario's personality!

Well...you wouldn't be able to leave home at ten, cities would be much larger, people wouldn't let you walk into their houses without knocking...yup, that is all I can think off at the moment. I will edit if I think of anymore.

Pokemon Centers wouldn't be free ...
There wouldn't be nearly as much walking...
There would be some sort of government that could handle "warlords" like the different Teams...
Weathermen (and women) would have to keep track of Legendary happenings since they affect the weather so much...
Children would have to attend school (other than Pokemon Tech and such), perhaps with online classes for on the go?
The series Animal Cops would get WAY more interesting...

The think Pokémon Centers would still offer free lodging and healing for Trainers. Think about the technology in the Pokémon World - sprays can heal wounds. ._.

And good luck marrying a Pokémon that would prolly be dead at this point in time - seeing as how its the only Pokémon of it's species, and it was around a long, long time ago.

Beastality AND Necrophilia. Nice one there. X_x

You'd prolly have to schedule a Gym Battle with someone - you couldn't just waltz right in and battle the leader.

There wouldn't be any background music.... (Although once, at college, there was this one guy who carried a boombox around on his shoulder and played music this one day....)

Rukario'sGirlfriend said:
If pokemon were real I would be married to Rukario. I'm serious. I wouldn't care what others think. I would marry my pokemon and I would be happy. Feelings are the most important, pokemon may fall in love too.
Not if there were laws against it and Rukario didn't want to.

That makes me wonder what all the laws regarding Pokémon would be. And would they (or certain species of them) be considered sapient enough to legally sign and be held to binding contracts? There would no doubt be Pokémon rights activists (PET-P?), too. I wonder how that would go.

Bushes wouldn't grow up again after you've Cut them once you go in a buliding.
For that matter, you'd prolly get into trouble for cutting the bushes down in the first place.
The Post Office would go out of business (if your Pokemon can carry mail from A to B, why bother with the postal service?)
Cars woulsn't be needed so much-but the airspace might get crowded.
the animal shelters would include poor abandoned pokemon to adopt.

JulieArticuno

You would probably have to get a trainers liscense and go to a DPT (Department of Pokemon Trainers) to get the liscenses after taking a difficult test. Instead of going to a professor to get your first monster you'd have to go to a local pokemon shop and trade in some government voucher to get a basic one, or have connections or pay for a more expensive one.

There'd probably also be a lot of fourms to sign before you get the liscense handling issues of damage to property, abuse, and stealing. I also think the age would probably be increased, like a limited liscense at 13 but offical at 18.

You'd probably also have to use the liscense to buy pokemon catching related goods like pokeballs and berry blinders. Pokeballs probably also would have different brands of different qualities.

Battles would probably also be different, probably requiring an offical liscense to do unofficial matches (ones without regulated arena and ref). The laws on what is legal in battles would also probably differ from country to country. For america, I think it'd be illegal to attack a feinted pokemon or throw a ball at some wild and non-wild pokemon. I also think it'd be illegal to start battles with unliscensed trainers and to bet money on battling (like in the games :p ).

Wild pokemon also probably would be government regulated to keep them from driving animals extinct, and I believe it would be common to see most monsters working with people. I also doubt many would own more than 3 monsters.

Pokemon Centers probably would cost money, like people stated, and Gyms would be a lot more difficult. I also doubt, even with every badge, that you can just battle the elte 4 when ever you want. I doubt you could even make an appointment, it'd probably be like the show where you are in a tourney, and after winning you can schedual a battle among them.

There also would probably be more pollution concious people as many would probably be replaced like voltorb working in power plants and such.
maddiejoan said:

lol, some of those are pretty funny, but it reminds me of those old fan arts (I can't remember who did them anymore) where Sugimori Pokemon art was placed in Real life images and shadowed to look realistic. I think that was cool, bulbagarden should try to revive that. :p

I assume Pokémon Training would be similar to driving.

Kthleen said:
Not if there were laws against it and Rukario didn't want to.
Hmm.... He would fall in love with me... :/
Chikorita and Latias were in love with Ash. Pokemon may fall in love with humans.
If law were hard for us, I would live with him without marriage.

And good luck marrying a Pokémon that would prolly be dead at this point in time - seeing as how its the only Pokémon of it's species, and it was around a long, long time ago.

Beastality AND Necrophilia. Nice one there. X_x

If pokemon were real, then there'd have to be multiple legendaries... so that perticular Lucario would be dead, but not all of them... however marrying a pokemon probably would be illegal in most (if not all) states. If two girls/guys can't be married then how do expect a girl and a pokemon :p

Though, I guess that would open up a whole nother civil rights organization...

Last edited:
Unless you are trying to say they are divine, its hard to picture one of anything ever existing. :p

bell02 alpha said:
If pokemon were real, then there'd have to be multiple legendaries... so that perticular Lucario would be dead, but not all of them... however marrying a pokemon probably would be illegal in most (if not all) states. If two girls/guys can't be married then how do expect a girl and a pokemon :p
Yes, you are right but why Rukario would be dead? Probably we would have more Rukarios on the world. Now I'm thinking about the rule, it would be funny "You can marry another man, but you can't marry your pokemon" :p Hmm... some people live together and they aren't married so I would live with him too. We wouldn't have to be married. Love is the most important =D

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom