• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If it were real....

Maybe you could marry some pokemon but not others. You know, pokemon that were intelligent enough to consent and all that.

lol, like Dragonite.

Hrm, perhaps there is another Lucario.... but I doubt it.

Probably there is another Rukario. I would hug him every night and he would be only mine. We wouldn't have children because eee.... having kids with pokemon is impossible for humans, but we would get many friends. Ahh dreams... sweet dreams.... I would spend every day with my dear Rukario. Its a intelligent pokemon and he would know what marriage is.

Well if Lucario's biology is similar to a human's, maybe you could have some infertile kids. Ever heard of a liger (lion x tiger)? Or how about a mule (horse x donkey, I think)?

Roses Ablaze said:
Well if Lucario's biology is similar to a human's, maybe you could have some infertile kids. Ever heard of a liger (lion x tiger)? Or how about a mule (horse x donkey, I think)?
Or kids who look like humans but they have a power. They would use poke-attacks.
My kid would ask me:
- Mommy, other kids have two human parents and they make a fun of me because my daddy is a pokemon. What should I do?
- You shouldn't care about their opinion. Your daddy is great and he loves you a lot.

I don't think humans and Pokemon can ever have kids because Pokemon lay eggs and People don't. I'm not sure how that can work in crossbreeding. Plus we have to believe that a Jynx and a Mr. Mime are closer related to a volbeat than a human.

but, lol, thanks Rukario's GF for unintentionally making this topic unconfortably nasty lol

Of course there's other Lucario. o_O We have no reason to believe there's only one. They're probably just a really rare and powerful species known by most by word of fairy tales... hence the term legendary or phantom. The only Pokémon that we really know is unique is Mewtwo.
I would even say Ho-Oh exist in multiples, considering the Battle Pyramid episode. I don't think that's the same Ho-Oh that we know and love, or else there would be more than "hay look ho-oh lol i saw u a while ago but everyone thought i was a liar ok bye then"

Anyways, if the Pokémon world was more realistic, I don't think everyone you would meet would be so gung-ho happy with a problem that you solve within twenty-two minutes. :p

bell02 alpha said:
I don't think humans and Pokemon can ever have kids because Pokemon lay eggs and People don't. I'm not sure how that can work in crossbreeding.
Like I said earlier, normal human would be born, with pokemon power. He/she would learn some pokemon moves. Hehe, Rukario would be daddy^^ Awww....how sweet!
Me: You will be a father, Rukario
Rukario: o____O

Like I said earlier, normal human would be born, with pokemon power. He/she would learn some pokemon moves. Hehe, Rukario would be daddy^^ Awww....how sweet!
Me: You will be a father, Rukario
Rukario: o____O

It. is. impossible.

Pokemon can't interbreed w/ humans.

Unless maybe you're talking that one episode in Jouto (ep. 243) where Satoshi turns into a Pikachu. Then maybe it would be possible. But one of you would have to become the other species.

Except MAYBE a psychic Pokemon that could mutate the DNA to be of a compatible type. But we can't **** monkeys and have babies and they have like 99.5% the same DNA as we do. We don't even know if their DNA has the same number of helicies as ours do. For all we know they might have a quadruple or quintuple helix.

So please, stop talking about your childish obsession with Lucario. This thread is about the differences it would have in the real world not about your unhealthy obsession with a non-existent super-being.

That said, I don't know if there would be laws against bestiality or against marriage, however it would be entered with both partners knowing that there will be no offspring from their relationship.

I don't know how hard the requirements for a license would be, but needless to say, Satoshi would never have been able to go out on his journey. The Pokemon Centers could never be free. In the games, she just puts it on a machine, however in the anime, she may actually have to carry out operations. Also, the Centers provide room and board, which could in no way be free (at least not without MASSIVE taxes levied). Another thing, all of the centers would not be run by one massive identical family. Same with the police officers.

Also in the real world....there would be an economy. I mean think about it. No-one MUST work in that world. Satoshi is going on a worldwide journey, which even walking, would cost a lot of money (supplies, pokeballs, potions, equipment, and now and then a ticket), however his mom is somehow supporting him WITHOUT WORKING. Which means she's extremely rich (which isn't suggested by her house) or THERE IS NO ECONOMY.

Then think about Takeshi's case. He is working no other job than being a Gym Leader (which apparently pays nothing...maybe some money from the pokemon league) however he is able to support ALL OF HIS NINE SIBLINGS!!!!!!!!! Yeah....I'm sure that all of the people who aren't well-to-do and have only (hah) 4 kids and are working two full-time jobs and are still struggling would love to learn that trick.

I'm too tired to think of anything else right now.

Actually, in most representations pokemon can breed interspecies so it is possible to assume that the same could be said for humans.

Actually, in most representations pokemon can breed interspecies so it is possible to assume that the same could be said for humans.

However they have to be of the same type.

And once again, I bring up, can we interbreed with apes? No. We have practically the same genetic material, and yet we still can't interbreed.

Last edited:
Yeah, but whether that can be applied to pokemon is debatable.

Breeding group and type are pretty different actually. But the breeding
groups are well set up. But if we trust them we could assume we are
humanshape pokemon and therefore could breed with quite a few pokemon.

Debatable still of course.

Unless maybe you're talking that one episode in Jouto (ep. 243) where Satoshi turns into a Pikachu. Then maybe it would be possible. But one of you would have to become the other species.

Hm... well, Latias can turn into a girl. In Slayers Try, there's a character named Filia who can also turn into a human girl due to her race (golden dragon). According to the Slayers d20 guide (yeah, I don't know if it counts as canon), as well as the DMG version 3.5, dragons can breed with humans, assuming they're in human form. I don't know if this would count in the Pokemon universe, but given Latias is a Dragon type, it's a possibility.

Though the fact that we've only seen Latias in her human form as a young girl only makes this all the more wrong.

And I wonder what would hatch from Latias' egg: human, or Pokemon? Or half-Pokemon?

The Slayers d20 guide isn't canon at all.

I always saw Pokémon as one species, with each invidiual one a breed, like dogs or cats.

Well, you know, since I really consider humans to be pokemon, I don't agree with that one.

But you know, the basics, trainers will be like tamers except they can cock-fight for money. Pokemon centers are less common, gym leaders are just little buildings with a couple of good tamers, etc. Boring junk really.

There will also probably be different classes of licenses. For instance, a Class C license would allow you to catch less dangerous breeds of pokemon, while a Class A, would allow you to catch to most dangerous. Except for the legendaries, they would probably be illegal to catch. They could also tell what you caught through the computer system....so, it would be enforced.

It's also likely that the trainers would form a sort of military for whatever region they registered in, and you would have to go through an extensive application process to be able to go through another region. The regions would no doubt be nowhere near as buddy-buddy as they seem in the anime.

Doubt that. Or we would be using animals in our military.

Also, catching pokemon would not need licenses but most pokemon would be forbidden to catch. The license thing is a bit strange to me mainly cause I do not know how animals are caught. But I know if you fish up something in a lake or find a rat in the cupboard you can keep it usually.

Doubt that. Or we would be using animals in our military.

Also, catching pokemon would not need licenses but most pokemon would be forbidden to catch. The license thing is a bit strange to me mainly cause I do not know how animals are caught. But I know if you fish up something in a lake or find a rat in the cupboard you can keep it usually.

Animals can't fire particle beams. And we do use dogs to search out bombs I believe (or have used in the past). Normal animals, of course you can keep them, however usually most animals are not all that dangerous. However all pokemon can use attacks that could no doubt kill a human. (Think about Bulbasaur's solar beam in that first ep. he used it....it completely blasted apart that machine they were using to capture the others, imagine what it would do to a human that got hit by it. And you DO have to have a license to have more dangerous animals like foxes and wolves. And they have a license in the manga, which while not near realistic, is still more realistic than the anime.

Yeah, both the anime and games should not be taken that seriously as they are very camp in their presentation.

A pokemon most likely would be just a special animal with abilities much less powerful than the ones we commonly see.

If pokemon were as dangerous as portrayed in a realistic situation, pokemon would be the biggest killer out of all things, including disease which I find rather unrealistic.

Well...is it just me or does the Pokemon world seem to have a whole lot smaller population than the real world?

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom