• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If it were real....

Well, games definately, as they have always been a smaller world sort of deal, and were confirmed as not just representation by Norman's pokenav introduction, "I walk here in 15 minutes each morning". Paraphrasing of course.

Team Rocket wouldn't be funny. Their story would be tragic and gruesome. They fall from skyscrapers and got beaten up by 10000 angry apes! Come to think of it, all Pokemon would probably be dangerous. Another cause of car accidents (well cars seem to be rare in Pokemon, but still) would be your Jigglypuff gets loose in the car and decides to sing.

In all, the fictional in-universe Pokemon world wouldn't work like it's told. It would be overrun by superpowered creatures. Like think about it. A ten year old boy (who, yes, shouldn't be on his own) gets an electric mouse who doesn't like him and fatally electrocutes him. What about that cruel trainer, Damien? He got hit by Pikachu and Charmander at the same time. And if you get in trouble for letting Pokemon get hurt, why does Blaine host matches in volcanos, when the show was pretty clear that Pikachu was in peril when he almost fell into lava?

The Pokemon islands wouldn't be so happy if it was realistic.

Jessie, james, meowth, and ash would be dead. 10,000 volts over and over again aint going to do you much good.
You probably couldnt fight with pokemon, because most animal fights are banned.

It really doesn't matter how many volts....it matters how many amps. And it would be 100,000 volts (if you're talking about thunderbolt...as the japanese name is 十万ボルト or 100,000 volts). Although i'm sure it wouldn't be too good on their bodies. Electricity wouldn't cause as much shit to explode I'm sure. I mean really.....air doesn't f***ing explode. And yet it seems to when Pikachu uses it's electricity. Or maybe it's the ground. But either way. Pikachu is basically is a taser. Except by some defying of physics....it can fire lightning without a conductor. After all electricity tries to take the quickest route to the ground....and firing at a balloon floating like 50 feet in the air is not the closest way.

Jessie, james, meowth, and ash would be dead. 10,000 volts over and over again aint going to do you much good.
Actually, while it's true that getting shocked by electricity can kill people, what I find interesting is that electricity can also be used to revive people and bring you back to life (such as in hospitals).

I have a theory. I've always thought that maybe Pokemon electricity is a different kind of electricity, and not the same electricity we're all familiar with. And that would also explain why it seems to explode, and why it doesn't seem to have damaging effects on people (or maybe, the more you get 'attacked' by electric Pokemon, you get used to it after a while and gain a sort of, almost immunity to the electricty).

I mean, if you think about it, our electricity is supposed to be blue in color or something, right? But, whenever Pikachu uses its attacks the electricity is yellow. I find this very interesting.

Then again, I could be wrong about this. Isn't lightning in the real world yellow, or is that kind of electricity blue in color as well (I forgot)?

Of course, I think there were times in the anime when a Mareep or Flaafy use electric attacks, and they always appear to be blue (not Ampharos though, cause for some reason, in the anime they tend to make its attacks yellow).

Anyway though, I don't really know. This subject is pretty much confusing me, really. ^^o

Unless maybe you're talking that one episode in Jouto (ep. 243) where Satoshi turns into a Pikachu. Then maybe it would be possible. But one of you would have to become the other species.
Yay!!

You mentioned my favorite episode, KumoriKage!!!! ^^

Heh, I love that episode. XD

I think it's amazing how unique it is and everything.

And on an off-topic note, that idea was so awesome, in my opinion. I only wish the writers had focused more on the 'transformation' aspect of the episode, if you know what I mean.

When you think about it, there's so much they could've done with that storyline in general such as, having Team Rocket try to steal both Ash and Pikachu, cause they wouldn't know that was him. They'd just think he was a talking Pokemon like Meowth and think he was valuable to Giovanni or their organization. And/or, aside from that, the writers could've had Ash 'try' to learn Pokemon attacks, which would've been quite interesting too.

I mean, that really boggles my mind. Would Ash had been able to use the physical attacks a Pikachu has? And maybe even, some of the electrical attacks (despite the fact that he's really a human)?

I don't know, maybe it's just me. I could be the only one here interested in this kinda stuff, cause things involving transformations really intrigue me.

*wonders if she's the only one who was completely fascinated by that episode and the idea it brought about*

Last edited:
The realest Pokemon will get is when videogames go Hologram and perhaps they'll treat it like gigapets but to a more advanced degree...that would be sorta cool.

No, that would be stupid. Well, not really. It is an opinion but that really is sidestepping from what we are talking about.

Also, real electricity is white I think. The blue and yellow are just representations.

Oh, really? It's white?

Wow. That's interesting.

Although, it's a shame it couldn't have some kind of color to it. ^^o

7932.jpg

Well, I could make another dumbass arguement but I guess I recede.

Sorry about that, I really thought that it was. Strange though.

People wouldnt just give you random items of TMs for free. You'd have to buy food for you and your pokemon..

People wouldnt just give you random items of TMs for free. You'd have to buy food for you and your pokemon..

You could forage (at least for the pokemon) think about how it takes you at least several days, more likely weeks to travel in between cities. That would be a large amount of food for humans w/ no foraging, much less for (assuming a party of 3) 3 humans and 18 pokemon, who by the law of conservation of energy and shit like that would have to eat an enormous amount of food to get the powers that they have.

What pokemon world would be like.

I have always been wondering what the Pokemon world would be like. I think almost everything would be destroyed. I think that there would have been alot of wars on Pokemon world.

Possible, but unlikely. There have been a lot of wars on Earth and we ain't destroyed. I daresay that the regions would have adapted accordingly, depending on their beliefs, both religious and political.

Yeah, ant the pokemon could have helped the people fix the land.

Possible, but unlikely. There have been a lot of wars on Earth and we ain't destroyed.

We are not as powerful as the Pokemon. Yes there would be many patches that would not be affected and maybe they make spaceships there.

I think that there would be millions of spieces on pokemon world.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom