• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • ME continues exploring the Kanto region. Watch here as he gets on a fancy boat and challenges everyone to battles.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

If Journeys were more like earlier series, what Pokemon would the characters have?

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
Trying to rewrite the whole thing really sounds complicated.....
I'd like to try it, what should have been Anipoke's SSS, standing for Sword & Shield Series......

Satoshi would go back to challenging Gyms, getting his Recommendation for being a Champion.
Any character created for Journeys would not exist.

Companion, in singular.... Onion. I know that the other Gym Leaders don't seem suitable for this.
While the Rivals should keep their roles, if they were to appear.
I decided to stick to what I envisioned during the Games' teasings and reveals.

Satoshi's Pokemon:
  • Main Team:
    • Pikachu. Without Kyodaimax.
    • Messon > Jimereon > Inteleon. I will never forgive them for that mislead. May Kyodaimax.
    • Erezun > Strinder (Low). Not a rushed disappointment like Lucario. Would Kyodaimax
    • Tandon > Toroggon > Sekitanzan. I actually wanted the last for Journeys, Satoshi defending it tempted me.
    • Kamon > Sir Kamon. The single one from Journeys that would stay.
    • Dorameshiya > Doronchi > Doraparuto. The Ace, after a long development. Reaching its final form during the Champion Cup.
  • Other additions, rotating:
    • Either Yukihami > Mosunou or Sacchimushi > Redoumushi > Iorubu. Both are atypical options.
    • Ralts > Kirlia > Sirnight. My response to Biito and his Brimuon, if he appears. It also gives him a Fairy-type.
    • Zoudou > Daioudou: To give the team more variety, if needed.
    • The Reserves. Only for the Champion Cup, some may obtain their redemption.
Onion joins already having either Desumasu, Galarian Sunnygo or both.
However; he will get his Gengar, with Kyodaimax, in the same way as Satoshi did in Journeys. Think of a transference.

I haven't thought so much about the Rivals,
Biito is the one with more chances to appear, while Mary may retain her role or be a companion......
Hop, not so much. Journeys has already sold me the idea of Dande being an only child.

This is harder than just thinking on what to change about Journeys.....

PikachuSmasher

"Nai! Try! LETS HAVE A FIGHT!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
Alright so here’s my take:
Ash: In Galar to attend the opening of Profesor Magnolia’s lab and meets Zacian. After he is saved by Leon, he decides to take on Galar gym challenge
Goh: A kid from Motostoke. He’s always wanted to travel Galar, but his parents insist he stay in school
Chloe: Her father is a professor working in professor Magnolia’s lab. She has never liked Pokemon, but that all changes when she meets Ash
Rivals:
Gloria: An assistant at Milo’s gym. She takes an interest in Ash after he battles Milo
Marnie: The sister of Piers and leader of Team Yell. Basically the Alain of the series. She’ll be too OP
Hop: The goofy rival, the Tierno or Hau of the series.

Ash’s team
Pikachu
Rookidee-Corvisquire-Corviknight
Farfetch’d-Sirfetch’d
Grookey-Thwacky-Rillaboom
Dracovish
Morgrem- Grimmsnarl
Pikachu,Rillaboom,Corviknight and Grimmsnarl will Gmax

Goh’s Team:
Cinderace
Dubwool
Scizor
Raichu
Inteleon
Greedent
Cinderace and Inteleon will Gmax

Chloe:
Eevee
Galar Rapidash
Alcreamie
Falinks
Kirlia
Perserker.
Eevee and Alcreamie will Gmax

Gloria
Appletun
Drizzle
Mr Rime
Frosmoth
Hatterene
Pincurchin

Marnie’s team will be the same from the games except I’m giving her a Pangoro

Hop’s team:
Dubwool
Venusaur
Toxtricity(Amped form)
Stonjourner
Boltund
Obstagoon

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.