• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Naruto Was a Pokémon Trainer...

ScruffyJedi

Rebel Without a Cause
Reaction score
So, in this thread, what you do is you can discuss what certain characters from other Anime, movies, or books, would behave like as Pokémon trainers, and also what Pokémon they would train. Sorry for my crappy summary, I'm REALLY tired.

If Naruto were a Pokémon Trainer, we'd be finding the dub a HELL of alot more annoying when he keeps adding "BELIEVE IT!" onto the end of every frikken sentence.

Master Chief - Aggron, Metagross, Tryranitar, Skarmory, PorygonZ, Arcanine.

He'd kill anyone who beat him lol.

If Naruto were a Pokémon Trainer, we'd be finding the dub a HELL of alot more annoying when he keeps adding "BELIEVE IT!" onto the end of every frikken sentence.

That made me laugh really hard.

Okay, um... Ichigo(Bleach).

He'd use only Ghost Pokémon and whenever his opponents did he'd go Soul Reaper on them.

I get this feeling that Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! would be an excellent Trainer. He's just listen to the heart of the monsters instead of the heart of the cards. And since people still get possessed by Egypt-- er, ancient spirits in Pokémon, we've got a match!

Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!). He'd probably be like Paul and just have strong Pokemon with him.

Yes, but he'd be much more badass then paul with that sick Jacket/Trenchcoat thing.

2dt9hq8.gif

Last edited:
Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh!). He'd probably be like Paul and just have strong Pokemon with him.

"Hey, wait a minute, did you just throw out and use 4 Pokémon in one turn?"
"Yeah, so?"
"That's against the rules isn't it?"
"Screw the rules, I have shinies!"

Goku-Fighting types
Ichigo-Fighting or Ghost types
Kaiba-Dragon types for sure

Zaraki Kenpachi...he'd probably fight by himself and slaughter all the Pokemon...that dude should be a Pokemon himself O_O

lol, Kenpachi would more than likely have either a Dark type or a Fight type, either way it goes, the guy it freaking powerful lol

Maybe Sakura, Kakashi and Saske can keep him in line.

The Pokemon they'd most likely use would be the Nincada line, Kecleon and Nuzleaf/Shiftry.

I picture Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh GX with a Heracross, Buizel or Electabuzz and I reckon he'd have a similar attitude to Ash but more laid back and naturally talented.

L from Death Note would have an Alakazam and a Houndoom. I could see him as a champion equal in strength to Cynthia or Lance.

I picture Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh GX with a Heracross, Buizel or Electabuzz and I reckon he'd have a similar attitude to Ash but more laid back and naturally talented.

What about Chazz Princeton? He could have something strong, like, say, Salamence. And, for comic relief, Wobbuffet (with the same personality as Team Rocket's Wobbuffet).

Alexis Rhodes might have a member of the Ralts line (but not Gallade) or Smoochum/Jynx.

Syrus Truesdale could have a Beldum/Porygon/2/-Z.

His bro, Zane, might have a Metagross.

Hassleberry could have one of the Sinnoh fossils. Same goes for Jim Crocodile Cook.

I can see Axel Brodie with one of the final evolutions of the Fire type starter Pokemon.

Nightshroud could have a Dusknoir or Gengar.

But in Japanese, Naruto has the tendency to add "dattebayo" to end of all of his sentences. It's like Kaede in Mahou Sensei Negima, for the manga and anime. She tends to add "de gozaru" at the end of her sentences. IIRC, I think Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin) would do the same at times (de gozaru).

I guess they needed something for the English equivalent and they just used "Believe it!" I've only seen one ep of the Naruto dub and it was too much for me. I'd take "dattebayo" any day.

What about Chazz Princeton? He could have something strong, like, say, Salamence. And, for comic relief, Wobbuffet (with the same personality as Team Rocket's Wobbuffet).
I could see him with a Gyarados aswell.

Alexis Rhodes might have a member of the Ralts line (but not Gallade) or Smoochum/Jynx.
Gardevoir definately and maybe a milotic aswell.

Syrus Truesdale could have a Beldum/Porygon/2/-Z.
Hmm yeah Beldum and porygon suit him but I could kind of see him with a Ralts or a Munchlax aswell.

I also think Joey from the Original Yu-Gi-Oh would have Machoke and Weezing.

Back
Top Bottom