• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation If no kanto post game possibly sevii isles?

Killzallthebeast

Reaction score
Kanto as a whole region seems unlikely, but the sevii isles would fit in more properly going off the island nature of sun and moon. The added benefit is the sevii isles have never been remade and gives you a bit of kanto feel without them remaking the entire kanto rengion. Haven't seen anyone bring this up before so sorry if it has been already.

It'd be nice, especially since upon replaying LeafGreen I found the Sevii Islands to be a lot more boring and in need of renovation than I'd remembered... but I don't think the Sevii have a ghost of a chance of ever being seen again unless it's in a solo-Kanto game.

Sun and moon really lacked any type of post game. This wouldn't be too much effort on their part and would get that added bonus of more kanto tie ins.

I haven't replayed fire red in years I am sure they havent aged well since they are the oldest in the franchise to never of been remade(sevii isles)

We haven't had any "locked" regions/areas to explore post-game since BW/B2W2. Why should we expect USUM to have some new region/areas to explore post-game now?

We got the route to the Battle Tree in SM, and Kiloude City in XY. Yawn.

Because it wouldn't be "new" and would not only add to kanto lore without having to add kanto, but would also be the first remake of said area.

It would be nice. I enjoyed the Sevii Islands back in Firered but I don't think they'll be making a comeback unless the enitre Kanto region does.

Well the Sevii Islands would be better than all of Kanto, though I'd rather not go to any parts of Kanto whatsoever. Like, honestly, I just want the focus to be on Alola. Any extra islands should be part of Alola, imo.

I'm honestly personally getting to the point that all these attempts to shoehorn Kanto into Alola for the most minor of reasons in any way possible seems like a reach. Like I would just personally much rather them give us more post-game and things to do in Alola then just go to Kanto just because.

The only reason I can see going to Kanto would be because of Lillie (assuming that part of the story will be consistent), so I doubt we'll just see the Sevii Islands slapped on with no reason.

Tbh, This is off the topic I can see why the fans are obsessing over Kanto region Post-game:

Sun/Moon
  • In the beginning of the game, The player and the mom are from Kanto Region
  • Kanto Pokemon get Alolan Formes
  • Kanto Pokemon can be transfer from RBY VC to SM
  • Professor Kukui was in Kanto while back, he challenged the Gyms, and Indigo Plateau, which has him the idea of building a pokemon league in Alola.
  • Lillie Travel to Kanto to get stronger and to find the cure for Lusamine
  • Red and Blue make an appearance in Alola
UltraSun/Ultra Moon
  • Ryuki is a building that resembles the Vermillion City gym.
Pokemon Sun/Moon Anime
  • Ash travels back to Kanto for a school project, he encounter Misty and Brock, he faces them in the gym battle with Misty's Mega Gyarados and Brock's Mega Steelix
The anime have nothing to do with USUM whatsoever, They just doing this because Misty and Brock didn't appear in Pokemon "I choose you" movie

The fans are been crazy over Kanto region, so they deicde to speculate on Kanto region post-game for USUM, which is 100% unlikely

Back on topic, As for Sevil Island, I don't see that happening either, I don't think there's a purpose on Sevil Island, I would rahter have more Island in Alola, than having a Kanto region Post-game or Sevil Island.

I know I could be coming across as terribly blunt, but this feels very unlikely. The Sevii Islands don't have the overall nostalgia that GF are clearly stroking with Kanto. They were never in RGBY and didn't show up in GS either (thus absolutely no VC representation yet), so there's just no way it could be done without being an incredibly random shoehorn thing.

Keep Alola in Alola is what I'm saying, we don't need to force in the glorious first region or its island spitoffs. They were pretty good at this when it came to every other region barring Johto.

if they ever make a johto/kanto remake then I beg tchem to make the Sevii islands more like they were in the anime, especially the league, maybe the Grandmaster would have a mega pokemon or could use a Z-move.
with a Dragonite with Assist.

if they ever make a johto/kanto remake then I beg tchem to make the Sevii islands more like they were in the anime, especially the league, maybe the Grandmaster would have a mega pokemon or could use a Z-move.
with a Dragonite with Assist.

Orange Islands =/= Sevii Islands

Not saying it wouldn't be cool to see more of both in some capacity, just... they're different.

I highly doubt it, but I really hope it happens. Sevii Islands could be a great post-game.

I actually love the Sevii Islands. And as much overexposure Kanto has, the Sevii Islands don't get enough attention from Game Freak or the fans.

That being said, I don't really want to see them in these games. We go through a game consisting entirely of island-hopping, then then we go to... more islands. I know that the Sevii Islands aren't tropical, but it's repetitive.

The anime have nothing to do with USUM whatsoever, They just doing this because Misty and Brock didn't appear in Pokemon "I choose you" movie

No. They're doing it because it's the anime's 20th anniversary this year, and the main anime has done nothing to celebrate it until now.

That said, I doubt the Sevii Islands will appear. The only time they've been referenced was once in XY, and that was about a hotel.

This had actually crossed my mind, but to echo other people's thoughts I don't think it would feel right to have what's essentially a tidbit of Kanto and then just exclude the whole rest of the region. Since Kanto and Johto have been included in one game before with GSC and their remakes, people might feel cheated if only the Sevii Islands were explorable.

For all the Kanto references in SM, it stands to reason that SM were marketed and meant to be the 20th anniversary games of the franchise, so it would make sense to have all those references.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom