• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

if one of ash's old traveling companions was to return long term?

danh19

Reaction score
I would as a almost surprising decision to myself, want iris to return, looking back at her series she had a lot of potential alongside a stand out personality but the production team made a lot of bad decisions with her character

They did make a lot of bad decisions and I feel they would make them again, unfortunately. The people I want to see return are Dawn or May. And 5 years down the road, Max and Bonnie (if they age).

I hoping that in what is unlikely to happen event anyway that they wouldn't make the same mistake twice

I like Dawn or May to return as well. Iris too since she was the first female companion (post Misty) that was not involved in contests or showcases. I don't have anything against it, but it was a nice break for a series. I would like either Dawn or May to return, but to return as pokemon trainers and not pokemon coordinators (or at the very least like Nando both a Coordinator and Trainer). Dawn and May both have been involved in battles (especially Dawn when she in Unova) so I think it can build their characters more.

Tracey I really liked Sorrel so, having a more scientific Tracey in the group would be interesting. I really want to see if they can give him more skills. Plus his team is small enough that he doesn't have to leave any of his Pokemon behind and he can catch new ones.

Yeah true. I would think a scientific Tracey is Clemont but without the artist skills :p

Well, there's no denying the fact that Tracey has received the short end of the stick with regards to appearances in the anime. If given the choice, I would definitely like to see Tracey be brought back to the main cast and be done justice to, in order to make him more memorable that he currently is.

With their being more likability of Brock and Misty returning, it reinforces my original thoughts.

Iris should return she had a lot of personality and a lot of ability for character growth, but she was poorly handled, but I think it would be almost impossible to reverse their poor handling by bringing her back now

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom