• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Pokemon showed up as guest characters in other games, what would your picks be?

Yung Dramps

Coming At You Live From Mt. Lanakila
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The title's pretty self-explanatory I think. To clarify what I mean, here's two ideas I've had for a while:

-Ceruledge or Iron Valiant in a Soulcalibur game. The latter is a nomination off personal bias but Ceruledge would definitely fit that series' aesthetic way better: He's LITERALLY a Soul Edge. Soulcalibur also famously had Link as a guest in the Gamecube version of II, so there's already precedent for Nintendo characters getting a spot

-Hitmonchan as an opponent in a Punch-Out game. Once again, self-explanatory.

I’ve never played a Fire Emblem game personally, but I have often watched other family members play them, and sometimes I think it could be fun to assign a partner Pokémon to each unit character in one of the games. Since we already have a strategy RPG Pokémon game in Pokémon Conquest (which was itself a crossover with Nobunaga’s Ambition), a Fire Emblem x Pokémon crossover doesn’t seem like too terribly far of a stretch.

Unite interpreted Miradon's Electro Drift as a literal Spin Dash. So in theory, Sonic could have some fun with a Miradon guest star. Can't think of much else.

Angry Birds had a long legacy of crossover characters. Its ceased at this point, but it would be funny if we ever got the chance to sling Spearow, Dodrio or some other bird Pokemon out of slingshots. (Now I'm trying to imagine what Tri Attack looks like adapted into Angry Birds mechanics.)

Back
Top Bottom