• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Pokemon Z were to be made

RC821

Reaction score
If Pokemon Z were to be made, Calem will wear similar to what Alain wear while Serena will wear the same as her anime counterpart (her current outfit in the anime).

Last edited:
Even if Z were a feasible game to be coming out, I would pray they don't make Serena's default outfit that ugly thing they put her in in the anime. It was bad enough they cut her hair but ughhh I hated her new look. Her original look is so much better.

I doubt that considering both of them are Mythical Pokemon. If Z were to ever exist in the future, it'd be Zygard to go with the X of Xerneas and Y of Yveltal. Be kind of a jerk move to have pokemon you can't get in-game on the cover.

Pokemon Z will have a lot of changes from XY including Southern Kalos
With Nu Gamefreak, propably not. ORAS did'nt have a new mini-region to share with Kalos, unlike how it shared Sevii with Kanto and how Johto and Sinnoh shared Sinjoh.
And XY was'nt a plot-based josei-ish seinen like BWBW2. It went back to being a silly monster catching game for elementary school children. So it won't get a sequel. Unless it's only a "sequel" in the sense that it's set in Kalos, has Gen 6 Pokémon, and features Calem and Serena as post-game cameo battles, but it shits in the face of continuity. The NPCs are completely new people beside Serena, Calem, Looker, Cynthia, Lillie, Jessie, James, Verity, and Meowth. The plot would be that Team Rocket is terrorizzing Kalos and that you, since your parents moved there from Kanto to excape them shortly before you were born, have to save it from them. You grab a Kalos starter, and you met a Zygarde Cell being preyed upon by Talonflames. You butt in to save it. Then Lillie and Nebby appear, and tell you that they went to Kalos to research new mysterious Pokémon that could be like Ultra Beasts. So she shows you the tutorial using an Alola Vulpix named Snowy. Eventually it is time for the first gym. You beat the first gym and you meet up with Looker and Cynthia. They tell you that they went to Kalos because of Team Rocket terrorizzing it and also because there may be weird Pokémon in Kalos. Then you go on the way to the second gym, where you meet two Team Rocket grunts. Lillie appears and tag fights with you using Nebby and Snowy. She hugs you and tells you she will meet you several other times. Then you fight the third and fourth gyms. In the fifth gym city you meet Jessie, James, and Meowth that are bullying people there. So Lillie appears again and tag teams using Snowy as a Ninetales and Nebby as a Cosmoem. After the tag team, Meowth decides to join Lillie and leave Team Rocket for a life of good. You two hug again and then Looker and Cynthia appear again. You four talk a bit about Team Rocket again. Then you beat the fifth and sixth gym. You go in the seventh gym city and there is the new Team Rocket boss who calls you a twerp. So Lillie appears and tag teams you using Ninetales, Lunala, and Kanto Persian. The boss runs away, then Cynthia and Looker arrive and congratulate you on it, then disappear. Then you beat the seventh gym and arrive in the eighth gym city. Then you meet Looker and Cynthia again, who tell you to go to their home. In their home there is Lillie but there is also Looker and Cynthia's daughter Verity. You get told that Verity is a new trainer who has levelled her Empoleon which is the child of Cynthia's original starter Empoleon. You beat Verity and she decides to join you and Lillie. So you three get out of the house and beat the eighth gym. After beating it you find Zygarde just casually hanging out in the center of the city, and Zygarde joins you after a battle. Cynthia and Looker appear and tell you that Team Rocket has been defeated and that they have to go but Verity stays in Kalos to defeat gyms. So then you beat the league and the postgame consists of a new battle facility, a safari zone thing, and a side quest with Lillie and Verity.

And XY was'nt a plot-based josei-ish seinen like BWBW2. It went back to being a silly monster catching game for elementary school children

Gen 5 definitely consisted of the more mature entries in the series, sure, but it's very far from what I'd consider josei or seinen, really. It's still clearly aimed at younger audiences, not adults. There's nothing in BW/B2W2 that wouldn't be out of place in a shonen series.

Any Z would probably just be a slightly better version of XY, with Zygarde as the main legendary and some extra side content, ~1-2 new characters and some minor story tweaks, much like Emerald and Platinum. If it existed, I would not expect any major changes or additions to Kalos unless they went for a sequel or something

Last edited:
Gen 5 definitely consisted of the more mature entries in the series, sure, but it's very far from what I'd consider josei or seinen, really. It's still clearly aimed at younger audiences, not adults. There's nothing in BW/B2W2 that wouldn't be out of place in a shonen series.

Any Z would probably just be a slightly better version of XY, with Zygarde as the main legendary and some extra side content, ~1-2 new characters and some minor story tweaks, much like Emerald and Platinum. If it existed, I would not expect any major changes or additions to Kalos unless they went for a sequel or something

BWBW2 actually was bought mostly by adults, many of which had never played Pokémon or watched the anime before. It brought in many people in their 30's and 40's, in fact those who started playing Pokémon as adults basically are gamer people who started with BW. It's also the most "for women" region with how many bishies it has.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is also not much different from shonen series but its often considered seinen\manime, same as toriko et al.

BWBW2 actually was bought mostly by adults, many of which had never played Pokémon or watched the anime before. It brought in many people in their 30's and 40's, in fact those who started playing Pokémon as adults basically are gamer people who started with BW.

Source?

BWBW2 actually was bought mostly by adults, many of which had never played Pokémon or watched the anime before. It brought in many people in their 30's and 40's, in fact those who started playing Pokémon as adults basically are gamer people who started with BW. It's also the most "for women" region with how many bishies it has.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is also not much different from shonen series but its often considered seinen\manime, same as toriko et al.
That first sentence is extremely dubious to me, especially without a statistic to back it up.

At the very least, even if some more older people did buy it than usual, older people buying something does not automatically make them part of an adult genre. Gen 5 still doesn't tackle any themes that clearly indicate it's aiming for an older adult audience.

Also off-topic, but Jojo part 7 was, and part 8 currently is, being published in a seinen magazine, so there's at least some basis for the claim that it's seinen - it literally is seinen now. (of course, the older parts are still shonen, that hasn't changed) With part 7 especially, it gets very obvious how the manga changes to reach an older audience upon its shift in genre. Pokemon gen 5 does not give me that same impression at all. Haven't seen the other anime, so I can't say much on that.
also sinnoh has a lot of bishies too so that point is kind of moot

Last edited:
That first sentence is extremely dubious to me, especially without a statistic to back it up.

At the very least, even if some more older people did buy it than usual, older people buying something does not automatically make them part of an adult genre. Gen 5 still doesn't tackle any themes that clearly indicate it's aiming for an older adult audience.

Also off-topic, but Jojo part 7 was, and part 8 currently is, being published in a seinen magazine, so there's at least some basis for the claim that it's seinen - it literally is seinen now. (of course, the older parts are still shonen, that hasn't changed) With part 7 especially, it gets very obvious how the manga changes to reach an older audience upon its shift in genre. Pokemon gen 5 does not give me that same impression at all. Haven't seen the other anime, so I can't say much on that.
also sinnoh has a lot of bishies too so that point is kind of moot

But Unova seems to have started a trend of bishie professors and villains. It also seemed to be more mature than the other gens, but yes, it is not as mature as Jojo. Still the closest Pokémon games have gotten to seinen, and also the closest Pokémon games have gotten to josei. Perhaps BWBW2 is more comparable to a Final Fantasy game or something like that.

But Unova seems to have started a trend of bishie professors and villains. It also seemed to be more mature than the other gens, but yes, it is not as mature as Jojo. Still the closest Pokémon games have gotten to seinen, and also the closest Pokémon games have gotten to josei. Perhaps BWBW2 is more comparable to a Final Fantasy game or something like that.
I suppose it depends on what your definition of a bishie is, but sure? I don't know who the other bishie villain would be though, since I thought N was the last of those we've had? I could be misremembering what the term means. Gen 5 is technically a bit closer to seinen/josei because it's a little bit more mature, but it's still far from being aimed at older people. I've only played the first 3 Final Fantasy games, so I can't really compare the series and its maturity level to Pokemon.

Back on topic though, if a Z existed, I bet we'd have gotten new megas too. If they added new ones in ORAS, it's possible they could have been added in Z as a selling point. It would also mean that Z wouldn't fully be compatible with XY, since I doubt GameFreak would bother patching the ORAS ones into XY.

Yeah, all a Z version would do is alter the story up to fit Zygaurd, give more content to do post-game, and offer extra features. That's literally all 3rd versions are not going to lie, they add a bit more pokemon and features. Which makes them better because they do more. There is really nothing that would be actually realistically changable

Lysandre would either go after both Xerneas and Yveltal (forcing Zygarde to intervene and bitchslap his ass), or he'll go for Zygarde. Either route could be possible for a third version, right?

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom