• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If Team Rocket is over with, what's your reaction?

What are your opinions on this?

• Happy

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Sad

Votes: 43 46.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters
I would be overjoyed for two reasons. Number one, it makes me mad that Team Rocket has been the main villain for so long and the other teams that actually BELONG to the region (Aqua, Magma, Galactic) played a more minor role. Number two, I think its annoying when they pop up and prolong the episode, I think the episodes would be better if Ash could just do whatever he wants to do without being slowed down.

sad...
i liked them... no i STILL like them, they were part of mine and of my siblings's childhoods! i'll be a bit depressed if they leave...

Edit: 100Th Post FTW!

Number two, I think its annoying when they pop up and prolong the episode, I think the episodes would be better if Ash could just do whatever he wants to do without being slowed down.
You're gonna looooooove Best Wishes.

I would both be happy and sad. Sad because, well, they have been with us so long... happy, because then there might come something new to the series, like a new group of bad guys! ;b

I've disliked them since the start, so I'd be thrilled if they go away.

I don't believe there's any new ground for Team Rocket as it has been for the past 12 years. I really do like them as characters but in my opinion it's for this reason they deserve a grand sendoff. Stagnation and eventually becoming obselete is a horrible fate for any great character (sorry Ash, and Homer.)

I was really disappointed when I saw that they were returning in Best Wishes and I think it's about time they go. I am glad that they're changing up their usual steal Pikachu or something else of value then get beaten up by Ash and Co. Of coarse I don't notice them as much anymore since they've been appearing for only about a minute for the last few episodes.

I got bored with TR back in Johto so it won't brother me if they broke up and have a new (Better) team to take there place.

I'll be happy. They don't ever seem to do anything apart from fail at stealing Pikachu every week, which has just gotten annoyingly boring now.

I got bored with TR back in Johto so it won't brother me if they broke up and have a new (Better) team to take there place.

Who said another team will take their place? Most likely any future villain team will be treated the same way Galactic/Plasma/Magma/Aqua were, and only appear in various eps.

We will very likely never have a group of villains following Ash if TR ever leaves. Best Wishes shows you don't need that to happen too.

I won't lie, I would feel a little sad about it. Whenever there's been Pokemon (at least in terms of the anime), there's been Team Rocket. So it would signify the end of an era, in a way. But life would also march on.

I would like Jessie, James and Meowth to get a happy ending, at the very least. For their sheer persistence throughout the series, I feel they deserve it.

If Team Rocket left, the anime would never be the same again, even if they got replaced with similar characters.

If Team Rocket left, the anime would never be the same again, even if they got replaced with similar characters.

Team Rocket are already nothing like they were before, so what difference would it make?

I really liked the old, "dumb" Team Rocket. It gave me many good laughs. Especially James. If they'd ever leave the series, i'd be very sorry... But then again, like someone mentioned before me, the "new" Team Rocket isn't nothing like it used to be... That's kinda confusin' and i don't like it at all.

Pretty meh. They provided some epic humor in Kanto, but not as much in Johto, and in Hoenn, not so much, either (Thanks to 4Kids :mad: ). And they were barely even funny in DP (Though Meowth was still a comedy every now and then, he he). But I do hope they will have a nice, happy ending in BW :)

Team Rocket are already nothing like they were before, so what difference would it make?

I haven't watched any of the recent anime episodes, so uh, I don't know that. I don't keep up with Pokémon anymore and haven't since pre-DP.

Whilst I was frustrated with their handling in previous series, I do genuinely like the TRio and would be sad to see them disband and/or leave the cast. However, I wouldn't mind seeing each of them going solo, even if only for a while and definitely with cameos from one or both of the other two every now and again.

We've gone a good dozen episodes without any real interaction with Team Rocket (I know they're setting up for something, but for the most part they're background noise)

I think the show can continue without them like it is now without Brock.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom