• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If the user above were a Gym Leader, what would their type specialty and team be?

It would be a crime if you weren't a ground gym leader.

Badge: Ravine Badge
Type: Ground
Team: Cubone, Golett, Quagsire, Gliscor, Excadrill, Marowak
TM: Spikes

Type: Psychic & Poison
Badge: Mythic Badge
TM: Telekinesis/Acid Spray
Pokemons:
  • Gardevoir
  • Metagross
  • Nidoqueen
  • Nidoking
  • Tentacruel

Badge: Victory Badge
Type: Fire
TM: Will-o-Wisp
Team:
  • Braixen (Eviolite bulky hypnosis/calm mind)
  • Ninetales (Sun Setter/ fast coverage with Solar Beam)
  • Salazzle (Fast toxic/substitute)
  • Volcarona (Bulky Quiver Dance/Roost sweeper)
  • Victini (Fast Choice Scarf nuker with V-Create)
  • Reshiram (Dragon Dance Outrage/Blue Flare)
I should start giving out legendaries like candy at the rate i'm going. Was at a lack of fire types I thought you would like, though.

Last edited:
Emerald Badge
Fighting type (but with a few shakeups a la Gen 1 Gym teams and/or D/P Gym teams)
TM: Bulk Up.

Chesnaught
Sandslash
Emboar
Incineroar
Grapploct
Hisuian Decidueye

Though this Gym Leader claims that they would rather flex their muscles than 'chuckle', their arrogance and deceptively short-temper overshadows the stoic, serious vibe they attempt to bolster. They seem to be the last of a certain race, and their duties of protecting a certain artifact; which they take entirely seriously, may be an aspect of the culture that they are an endling to. The incorporation of the similarly lost-to-time Hisuian Decidueye; a form that adapted to niches of an unforgivably kill-or-be-killed environment, may be a loose reflection of that, as well.

Emerald Badge
Fighting type (but with a few shakeups a la Gen 1 Gym teams and/or D/P Gym teams)
TM: Bulk Up.

Chesnaught
Sandslash
Emboar
Incineroar
Grapploct
Hisuian Decidueye

Though this Gym Leader claims that they would rather flex their muscles than 'chuckle', their arrogance and deceptively short-temper overshadows the stoic, serious vibe they attempt to bolster. They seem to be the last of a certain race, and their duties of protecting a certain artifact; which they take entirely seriously, may be an aspect of the culture that they are an endling to. The incorporation of the similarly lost-to-time Hisuian Decidueye; a form that adapted to niches of an unforgivably kill-or-be-killed environment, may be a loose reflection of that, as well.
This is because of my PFP, huh. Though Knuckles is cool, I mostly chose that because of his expression there.
Anyway, Fairy and Ghost types.
Badge: Mask Badge.
Pokemon: Arromatise, Cofagrigus, Mimikyu, Alolan Marowak, Golurk, and Gardevoir.
TM: Shell Smash.
This Gym Leader seems to be a doctor, however what they do seems a bit strange. They insist, though, that their cure is most effective. They heal your Pokèmon before battle, but make up for that helping hand with a painful team. It's quite hard to get the Mask Badge.

Anyway, you made me imagine myself, a feminine presenting nonbinary, rap Unknown From M.E. before every battle. You have made me explode into laughter. My parents are awake now.

Last edited:
Badge: Elevated Badge
Type: Flying
Team: Dodrio, Skarmory, Aerodactyl (Mega), Charizard, Eevee (Terastal: Flying)
TM: Tailwind.

No in-character/hypothetical Gym characterization this time around; this seemingly hodge-podge team is essentially a composite of Blue/Green/Gary's known Pokemon across the franchise, all assigned to a specific type. Blue himself became the Gym Leader of Viridian in Giovanni's place, but is distinct in that he deliberately doesn't stick to a team; his team essentially reflects all of his potential Pokemon teams, excluding the starter Pokemon he chose (this alongside Red having every starter essentially making it deliberately open-ended on which starter is 'canon.') in the original R/B/G/FR/LG. So, here is essentially a hypothetical 'team' of sorts in the alternate universe he felt like sticking to a type. Both the Mega and the Terastal mon of choice reflect one of his Sync Pairs in Pokemon Masters EX and his starter being Eevee in the original Pokemon Yellow; albeit conforming to the above type.

Back
Top Bottom