• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If there was a Pokemon live action movie, who would you pick as the actors?

Micheal Bay as the director >.> he should've directed DBE as well... lets make him do ALL live action adaptations...

It would be hilarious if we had quentin tarantino for director. At the end of the movie, Pikachu explodes.

I'd like to see Harrison Ford as the Professor, or maybe someone's dad (I'm assuming a live-action movie wouldn't involve Ketchum).

Then again, it could ruin his reputation, so IDK about that.

you know unlike any other live action based off an animated show,they can come up with their own characters.Other animes are usually about specific characters as for pokemon, Its not about specific people,so if they want to come up with their own characters its fine.In fact this is better than 20 year old people playing 10 year old characters and totally ruining our favorite show.

I think Ashley Greene (aka Alice in the Twilight series) makes a pretty good Dawn (she's got dark hair)

Emma Watson might be a good-looking May.

I imagine Emmy Rossum as Iris.

I'm also imagining Zac Efron as Cilan (Dento).

Oh Hi, I'm New.

Sorry to bump
Damn, Patrick Stewart definitely needs to play somebody.
Could he play Ash? ^_^
What about Gary?
We just really need Patrick Stewart to play somebody. He is god after all.

Make it so!
If this doesn't qualify him for God, I don't know what does... He should play a new champion with a team of 6 Arceus OU/U pokemon. And the Enterprise D/E should make an appearance, even if it's just a background animation. Engage! :unworthy:

My comments are in bold

Okay, I've compiled a list of the actors I would cast and who they would play.

Please keep in mind that this list is incomplete.

OK...

Misc. Characters:
Mom (Kanto)........Meryl Streep

Professors:
Oak........Robin Williams I can just see that

Kanto Gym Leaders:
Erika........Linda Park
Koga........Joe Odagiri
Sabrina........Morena Baccarin
Blaine........David Cross
Giovanni........Alan Rickman He played Snape, right. If so, yes, god yes.[/b]

Team Rocket:
Jessie........Mandy Nader
James........Lee Nader

Kanto/Johto Elite Four:
Lorelei........Kate Mulgrew Hmm... OK, I guess
Will........Dominic Keating It'll do
Bruno........Arnold Schwarzenegger Lol yes
Agatha........Angela Lansbury
Lance........Hayden Christensen

Hoenn Gym Leaders:
Roxanne........Claudia Black
Wattson........Robbie Coltrane
Flannery........Amy Adams
Norman........Tom Hanks

Johto Gym Leaders:
Morty........Michael Shanks
Chuck........Chow Yun-Fat
Jasmine........Kirsten Dunst
Clair........Jolene Blalock

Sinnoh Gym Leaders:
Roark........Rupert Grint Yup
Crasher Wake........William Shatner BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Really?
Fantina........Marina Sirtis No, just no. One of those girls from Disney channel?:disgust:
Byron........Hugh Jackman

Sinnoh Elite Four:
Bertha........Maggie Smith Nice lady with a spine. Yup
Cynthia........Amanda Tapping

Pokémon:
Voice of Mewtwo........Christopher Judge
Voice of Deoxys........Microsoft Sam
Voice of various Pokémon........Michael Winslow, Frank Welker

David Tennant should be Gary. Hmm... Leonard Nimoy should definitely be in there.

I'll leave you now...

:644:

Oh Hi, I'm New.

Sorry to bump

If this doesn't qualify him for God, I don't know what does... He should play a new champion with a team of 6 Arceus OU/U pokemon. And the Enterprise D/E should make an appearance, even if it's just a background animation. Engage! :unworthy:

My comments are in bold

David Tennant should be Gary. Hmm... Leonard Nimoy should definitely be in there.

I'll leave you now...

:644:

Marina Sirtis was Troi in TNG.

As for casting, Mila Kunis could do either Misty or Pikachu. She's got the spunk and sass for Misty and, including the qualities that made her good for Misty, her voice would make for a good Pikachu voice.

Sinnoh Gym Leaders:
Roark........Rupert Grint
Crasher Wake........William Shatner
Fantina........Marina Sirtis
Byron........Hugh Jackman

No, just no, I will not allow William Shatner to dress up as a professional wrestler, AND USE MY FAVORITE POKEMON!!!!!

Last edited:
No, just no, I will not allow William Shatner to dress up as a professional wrestler, AND USE MY FAVORITE POKEMON!!!!!

Admittedly, I picked Shatner based solely on how large he's gotten. If he were still as thin as he was forty-five years ago, I'd have cast somebody else.

Wake probably wouldn't make the final cut of the movie, anyway.

Admittedly, I picked Shatner based solely on how large he's gotten. If he were still as thin as he was forty-five years ago, I'd have cast somebody else.

Wake probably wouldn't make the final cut of the movie, anyway.

Especially since it will most likely take place in GEEWUN (A phrase used by the Transformers fanbase that translates to "Generation 1").

Yes, well, it probably wouldnt be a movie of the Anime, because the Anime already HAS movies.

I'm gunning for Diana Agron as Cynthia, or maaaaybe Elesa. Or any other blonde with that sort of face.

I reckon the kid off Malcolm in the Middle could play Ash, or atleast he could when he was a kid.

Anyone noticed how many sci-fi actors have been mentioned? Boy,we're such geeks :)

Anyone noticed how many sci-fi actors have been mentioned? Boy,we're such geeks :)

Well, at least we're hanging out with our own kind XD

All Pokémon will probably be CGI. Cries would be computerized like in the games.
(that is just how I see it)

Just put in Justin Bieber and Rebecca Black there and finally the world would finally unite together to banish both of them to the underworld of shame, along with the inevitably shitty movie.

On the serious note, Japanese actors are a must, IMO.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom