• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If there was ONE thing about Ash that you could change what you it be?

What thing about Ash would you change?

• Total voters
^This. So many shippings would be killed :p

But really, Ash is pretty okay as he is now. Still amuses me after all this time, so I can't really think of anythi-

He can't be 10 :|

Your avatar and signature are TOO much, I cried laughing when I saw it!!

Yeah, 10 yrs old geez, and a lot of shipping would be done it.

The writers reseting him everytime.

He should'nt act like a rookie and learn the same lessons millions of times. The writers should understand that this is a children's TV show, not a babies show like dora the explorer.

The writers reseting him everytime.

He should'nt act like a rookie and learn the same lessons millions of times. The writers should understand that this is a children's TV show, not a babies show like dora the explorer.

*stands up and gives applause* Thank you so much I love this post and it makes a lot of sense because of the way the writers make no sense going around in circles with the same old story they are making Pokemon like the ABC line-up crappy shows that have the same old storyline over and over again.

I think he should suddenly become an exact, anime replica of Red from PokeSpe.

That's my own opinion, and if it happened, I wouldn't be able to separate myself from the television.

I really wish Ash would win a major pokemon league Tourny. He doesn't even have to beat the elite 4/champ, but he should be at a point where he can challenge them officially. I'm glad they threw ash a bone and gave him the Orange League and Battle Frontier though but D/P should have been the series where he got to challenge the elite 4 since he met them all!

I get annoyed with Ash oblivious to the crushes various girls have had with him. Misty, that Battle Frontier Brain, and the girl who he met at the summer pokemon camp come to mind off the bat. Ash is a lucky guy girls like him but he is just doesn't get it and it gets somewhat annoying. And the cottonee episode was really really sad. "best friend", really Ash?

I would like an 11 year old Satoshi. That would be compatible with my old "1 month in the anime = 1 year in the world" theory.

Catch atleast ONE Legendary for one. Something that isn't intelligent like Mewtwo or major like Dialga perhaps, but perhaps Tornadus and Thundurus would do just fine since they cause too much trouble otherwise anyways. Probably not Landorus unless he catches the other two though.

But then again, when you consider the fact Pokemon aren't stored digitally like they are in the games.....

*imagines a bunch of thunder and wind storms in Oak's ranch*

I would REALLY like for Ash to get some legends as well, but then I think that I would only truly enjoy it if the anime doesn't reboot all of the time.

Think about it, Ash finally gets a powerful legendary and it kills opponents around like nothing, but then the end of the series comes and then its a reboot with it being Oak'ed like the rest of Ash's crew never to be heard of/seen again until 2 seasons later during a league or something like that and only by miracle that Ash uses it in the competition.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, Ash is nearly perfect. There are only two things that bother me about him. So, there are only two things that I would change. ^^

The first thing I'd change would be his voice. Faster than you can say, "I wanna be the very best", I'd bring back Veronica Taylor, and finally give her the chance to play Ash again. =D

And then, just so all the fans would be happy, I would change Ash's age. I'd make him 14 or 15, because that's how old I imagine him being in the B/W series. Although, honestly, Ash's voice in the TPCi dub bothers me way more than the "Ash is still 10" thing. LOL. XD

Those zigzags on his face. What does he need them for? What are they?

They're Swatstika's.

I would probably change his age and in doing so, that would naturally change other aspects of his character that annoy me.

His age.

And his intrest in women. Seriously, Ash, you would be a great trainer if you could be a ladies man too.

I would change his philosophy of starting over again... while keeping Pikachu. Personally I'd prefer if he went for an all or nothing approach.

Other than that, I think he's fine.

I'd love to change his idiocy. he's been a trainer for a while, now. even if his age never changes, he should be able to keep that knowledge of past battles in his brain.

When will he ever catch a damn legendary Pokemon? I'd change that.

What I'd change about Ash is make him go through more character development. Although he's matured since the beginning of the series by light years, I want him to experience something deeper than growing as a trainer or proving his methods right. I want to see him struggle and his confidence falter - something we don't witness in large doses too often on the show (May and Dawn being the exceptions).

If I could change one thing, I would make Ash age.
It seems a little unfair after watching him for 13-ish years and never seeing him age past 10. D: That, and maybe start noticing the ladies...

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom