• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh If & when the datamine drops, what will you Ctrl+F (if anything)?

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
Although I always consult the datamine of the Pokedex for base stats and movepools to help me with my decision-making process in terms of building my in-game team. But with the exception of Mina's Trial in USUM, I never actually succumbed to the temptation to look through the datamine of the story, because for one thing, I don't want to be spoiled, and secondly, the text is not always necessarily accurate to the final dialogue that's actually seen in game.

But with so little information we know about Sword & Shield, I'm thinking that will probably change this time unless GameFreak really accelerates the trailer release rate in this final month before the games' release (which I do not have a lot of faith will happen).

So assuming we get another datamine sometime in the first week of November, will you be using Ctrl+F to find out some things ahead of time? And if so, what?

I will definitely be consulting the datamined Pokedex as always to help me decide on an in-game team, which starter to choose, etc. I won't be reading through the actual story dialogue, because I don't want the plot twists of the story itself to be spoiled for me. But these are the phrases I will likely be searching for in the datamine (assuming none of them get unexpectedly get revealed in a future trailer):

-"Opal"
-"Rotom"/"Rotom Phone"
-"Bicycle"
-"Elite Four"
-"Venusaur"
-"Blastoise"
-"Rapidash"
-"Victreebel"
-"Klinklang"
-"Dexio"
-"Lillie"

I actually might go on blackout until release after the reviews drop this time

But were I to stick around, knowing myself I'd search all the plot-relevant stuff like Eternatus and whatnot, and then each region's name just to see any fun references. Necrozma was the first thing I searched for in the USUM datamine.

Last edited:
-"Venusaur"
-"Blastoise"
Gonna be disappointed there, probably. I'm pretty sure it was just recently confirmed that only Charizard is getting a GMax form. EDIT: Okay, I was positive this was said somewhere, but can't find it anywhere? Maybe I'm just crazy.

I'm mostly introduced in new stuff, so there's not much I can Ctrl-F, but I'll probably look for stuff about cut Pokemon and Megas, to see if they make any in-game explanation for their absence.

Last edited:
If a datamine happens I might just dip out, because I don't want anything story related spoiled. And I can just check Serebii for new Pokemon and locations and stuff.

Version exclusives so I can finally decide which game I'm going to get. Immediately after that I will begin my time away from basically the entire internet.

I do wanna see all the new Pokemon first of all, and if the Shinx line survived the Thanos snap.
I'll be really irritated if they don't. They are such a popular line yet have only shown up in the Sinnoh dex for some reason.

I’ll just look at the new Pokémon names and images. I like to know what I’m in for in terms of team building, like “oh I shouldn’t spend too much time on X because Y has the same typings and I like that design better”. Plus, my favorite thing about new games are seeing the new designs!

But that’s it. I like to enjoy anything story related, and the gyms and all that, firsthand.

If a datamine drops, I will not search through it because I want to avoid spoilers. If I'm desperate for certain information like version exclusives, I'll ask here or on another forum in order to limit the amount of spoilers I expose myself to.

I think id keep the spoilers to a minimum gym leaders including id like to keep this first play through as blind as possible.

I will how ever be asking on the inclusion of a few favorite pokemon and if they are returning.

Lycanroc and zoroark to start with

"Johto" will be the first thing, and then maybe "Marnie" and "Eternatus". I am not really curious about these games, honestly.

First and foremost, new pokemon! Like until every last one of them! This includes G-forms and Galarian forms ofc.

Then I guess I will check the designs of the gym leaders...etc

But yes I want me a lot of new Pokemon!!!!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom