• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh If & when the datamine drops, what will you Ctrl+F (if anything)?

Hoping people will be nice enough to not just put it all online. If people want to spoil it for themselves make it a private only discord thing or whatever. People who spoil it gain nothing by giving it to the public. It is not as if they get paid or get a large amount of views.

Hoping people will be nice enough to not just put it all online. If people want to spoil it for themselves make it a private only discord thing or whatever. People who spoil it gain nothing by giving it to the public. It is not as if they get paid or get a large amount of views.
I would rather not have it on Discord, but that's because I really dislike it. It's way too disorganized. Also, it's not like are not going to spread like wildfire anyway.

I would rather not have it on Discord, but that's because I really dislike it. It's way too disorganized. Also, it's not like are not going to spread like wildfire anyway.
Depends where it is unleashed. If it is 4chan or something maybe not but if it is instagram/youtube or tumblr it would

Believe me. It's Pokémon. Remember the SM datamine?
Not really but I don't pay attention to the datamine stuff. I only follow gaming stuff if its a Direct or E3. I don't follow it in between if that makes sense

Yeah, I guess that explains why you missed everyone covering it.
Checking out Poketubers seems so meh since if one covers something they all do. I'd much rather poketubers do other things within the fandom and not just focus on being news reporters since so much more could be done

Checking out Poketubers seems so meh since if one covers something they all do. I'd much rather poketubers do other things within the fandom and not just focus on being news reporters since so much more could be done
I'm not talking only about Poketubers. It was a lot of people from sites except possibly the ones that are against leaks (like Bulbapedia or Serebii). Then again, I'm invested in the whole datamine thing (not just Pokémon ones), so I might be getting recommendations even if I didn't try finding them.

All the new Pokémon, their stats, movepools and the TMs available in the game.

Even if they did make it private, you can bet that some youtuber or other would be making a big spoiler thumbnail right away. I'd much prefer the datamine be public so more people can learn more and decide if they want to buy the games, or get to experience some of the fun if they can't buy it just yet. I don't see why making access to the datamine public would be the main issue here-if you don't want to spoil yourself, why would you be on the page for a datamine anyways?

I think there's a zero chance that the datamine will be hidden away on a private discord somewhere. That's just not realistic.

It'll be all over Twitter and Youtube for a start and pretty much every other social network. It'll probably be easier to avoid spoilers on forums since they'll be more heavily moderated but there'll be no chance for that with social media.

The best thing people who don't want to be spoiled can do is prepare themselves. (and unfollow people/channels you think are likely to spoil the game for you)

I think there's a zero chance that the datamine will be hidden away on a private discord somewhere. That's just not realistic.

It'll be all over Twitter and Youtube for a start and pretty much every other social network. It'll probably be easier to avoid spoilers on forums since they'll be more heavily moderated but there'll be no chance for that with social media.

The best thing people who don't want to be spoiled can do is prepare themselves. (and unfollow people/channels you think are likely to spoil the game for you)
Yeah, it's in their own hands, pretty much.

• Starter Evolutions
  • Fire types
  • Ground types
  • Corviknight (want to see it’s pre-evolutions)
  • Dreadnaw (want to see it’s pre-evo, hoping it’s a cute little squirt)
  • Alcremie (Want to find out if it evolves)
  • Polteageist (Want to see it’s evolution and pre-evolution)
  • Yamper (Want to see it’s evolution)
or I’ll just search it up on Serebii when the games come out.

Old Pokemon: Volcarona, Scolipede, Scizor, Araquanid, Yanmega, Heracross.
Galarian forms: Spinarak, Ariados
Type combos: Bug/Fire, Bug/Ice, Bug/Dark, Bug/Fighting, Bug/Ground.
Types: Bug
Design basis: Worm/earthworm/sandworm, antlion, grasshopper, fire ant, bombardier beetle, black widow, moth, wasp, mosquito, water bear/tardigrade

I am nothing if not predictable.

Last edited:
On second thought, I might go ahead and at least learn about the new Pokemon, at least some of them. I at least want to confirm whether or not there's a new Eeveelution (I know it's not likely at this point, but let me keep my tiny bit of hope). The main thing I really don't want spoiled is the story.

I'd see if there's any specific clothing locked to a version, that's literally my biggest concern with which game I try to 100%. Like I literally bought Sun as my first Pokémon game in 2016 because it had the pink-coloured clothes. XD

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom