• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could add 30 Base Stat points to any Pokémon, which one would you pick?

Shiny Staraptor

needs a new avatar
Reaction score
You can add the points to any stat of any Pokémon. It doesn't have to be limited to one stat - you can add 10 points to three of its stats and things like that.

Personally, I'd add 30 HP to Shuckle. It's one of my favourite Pokémon and adding to its HP a little bit might actually make it usable.

Make Huge Power Azumarill more scary by giving it 30 (so 60) more attack.

Give Rampardos 30 attack points so that it would have a whopping 195 base attack stat. Everything it touches will crumble to ashes :evil:

Nothing is escaping from it alive.

Alternatively, adding 30 to either speed or defense might be a good idea, but barely a difference.

If the distribution isn't limited to one stat, I would...

1) Add 15 Speed and 15 Attack to Golurk. In Tier Shift on Pokemon Showdown, where Golurk gained 15 in every stat, it was much more useful. The extra Speed is important to outpace Tyranitar and Scizor, which are pretty much huge threats that, with the extra power, will handle them with ease. The Attack could go to HP, but bottomline is, extra Speed helps the most.

2) Add 20 Speed and 10 HP to Chandelure. To make Chandelure dangerous, more Speed is required. Extra HP is good to take more resisted attacks, in which there are plenty of. Maybe all could go to Speed for good measure.

3) Add 30 Special Attack to Gourgeist. Gourgeist has the best Special attacks, which doesn't quite work well with its rather low Sp. Atk. stat. Adding 30 to that category will make Gourgeist a reasonably dangerous tank.

4) Add 20 HP and 10 Attack to Trevenant. Trevenant is quite useful, although it would help if it has more survivability and power since its stats fall a bit short to greatness.

5) Add 10 SpAtk, SpDef & Speed each to Mismagius. Maybe it's just me, but I felt that its stat increase could use an improvement.

Thanks for reading.

Blaziken. I'd slap it onto attack and I don't care how horribly overpowered that'd make him (I'm severly biased, I'll admit that much)

(And yes, I am aware of the mega, but this way he's insane AND can be combo'd with Drought-izard)

30 in Special Attack to Ledian.

Though I'd much rather give it about 60+ in Attack if I could to make Iron Fist actually useful for such a cool Pokemon.

30 more speed for Absol. It really isn't fast enough now, except perhaps the mega, but I don't have Y yet, so I don't know.

I'd probably add 30 HP to Spiritomb. Spiritomb is one of my favorite Pokemon, and it bothers me how it has good defenses, but tends to get knocked out in a few hits anyway because of its low health stat.

If the distribution isn't limited to one stat, I would...

1) Add 15 Speed and 15 Attack to Golurk. In Tier Shift on Pokemon Showdown, where Golurk gained 15 in every stat, it was much more useful. The extra Speed is important to outpace Tyranitar and Scizor, which are pretty much huge threats that, with the extra power, will handle them with ease. The Attack could go to HP, but bottomline is, extra Speed helps the most.
^This. About a million times, this.

Boost the big guy's Speed and throw a bit more behind his Attack and he would be a complete monster. This would make for one fearsome Mega form, now that I think about it.

C'mon, Game Freak. Make this slag happen!

+30 Speed or +15 HP and Sp Def on Crawdaunt
+30 HP on Drapion
+10 HP +20 Sp Def on Aggron (and therefore MegAggron)
+12 Speed + 18 Sp Atk on Galvantula
+30 Speed on Charizard (and therefore both Mega Charizards)

This.

or splitting 15 to both defense and special defense to trubbish to make it a little more usable when playing my friends (when combined with eviolite)

I'd give Froslass 30 points of Special attack, so then we'd finally have a speedy Ice type with great special attack. Froslass's good movepool and fantastic STAB combination would make it a fearsome special attacker if it only had more power, not to mention it has other shenanigans up its sleeve like Sub-Disable and Trick.

winstein said:
Add 20 HP and 10 Attack to Trevenant. Trevenant is quite useful, although it would help if it has more survivability and power since its stats fall a bit short to greatness.

This so much. Trevenant isn't nearly as bulky as I'd hoped it would be, and it doesn't seem fair that its BST is so much lower than its counterpart's. That extra HP in particular would really help it a lot.

Sorry, but I gotta show a little favoritism here. I'd put it in Raichu's Special Attack. He's got decent Speed, but his attack doesn't make up for his frailty. There is also the lack of a decent movepool, but higher stats is a nice start.

I also might put 10 in Klefki's Special Defense, Special Attack, and Speed. I use it as an attacker pretty well now, but it has a lot more potential than just being used to set up priority Spikes and Paralysis and those extra 10 points, I feel, would help it out.

you're right about making it more scary, but it doesn't work in base attack, but in regular attack. azumarill would go from 218 to 284 attack, so:

(284 - 218) * 2 = 132 more attack

uh, as for buffs to existing pokemon:
+30 sdef to tangrowth would be neat. 100/125/80 defenses are incredibly good, and although grass isn't the best type defensively, it could be enough to let tangrowth enjoy more use.
+20 spd +10 atk to flygon would also be interesting. although 110 attack isn't exactly stellar, 120 speed is enough to allow it to outpace starmie and tie with alakazam. it makes for a fairly effective late-game cleaner too between earthquake / outrage / fire blast.
+30 sdef on hippowdon. this is honestly fairly generic, but 252/0 hippowdon with 102 sdef is almost as bulky as 252/252+ hippo with 72 sdef. hippowdon becomes a lot more difficult to take down: with reliable recovery and ridiculous defenses, it's very difficult to kill it.
+20 atk +10 spd metagross.
agreeing with +30 satk on gourgeist

idk

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom