• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could be a gym leader...

Reaction score
What type(s) would you specialize in? What region would you be based in? What would you look like? What would your gym look like? Badge or Alola-style trials? What Pokemon would you have? Would you have some wierd rule? You don't have to answer all of those questions, but yeah. (has this been done before?)

Mine:
I would be located in the Alola region in some alternate universe where Alola has gyms.
Martial Badge
Team:
Meinfoo
Lucario
Sawk
Meinshao
Scrafty
Hitmonlee
to get to my "gym", you would have to take a short "hike" to get to a hidden beach where there large is a wood platform in the sand with a painted Meinfoo on it which is the battleground thing where you fight me. When I'm not being challenged, I train with my Pokemon on the beach.

What are yours?

easy: I would train ghost types and my gym would be in Kalos region
Twilight badge
Team:
Gengar
Pumkaboo
Phantump
Mimikyu
Chandalure
Cursola
To get to my gym you would have to go through a forest and then you would have to go to a graveyard at 3:15 (in game) to actually battle me. All my pokemon could be found in the area and while you are battling me the text in game says: 'The opposing Cursola seems sad' and the gravestone near me would have the name 'Allister Queen 2000-2019' implying that Allister is dead.:cry:

Outfit
When you first see me I would be dresses in black very formally ,almost as if I was Moring someone. After that more pastel gothic attire and sometimes if your luck you could catch me wearing the exact same thing Allister wore when he was alive.

I would have a rule saying that if you want to battle me you must figure out who the previous owner of my Cursola (Allister)

Type: Poison
Badge: Venom Badge
TM: TM73 Cross Poison
It'd be like the third or fourth gym in whatever Region it is.
Puzzle: When you enter the gym, you're welcomed by a Trubbish that will follow you throughout the gym. You have to go through a sort of maze (think the Trick House, if a little more complex) and take the Trubbish to the Gym Leader. There'd be tiles that slow you down (like on the Great Marsh) and you'd be attacked by wild Pokémon on occasion. There's a Trainer in each dead end. When you earn the Badge, the Gym Leader would tell you that Trubbish likes you and gift it to you. It'd have its Hidden Ability (Aftermath) and know the Egg Move Curse.

Tentacool Lv. 22 @ Focus Sash
Liquid Ooze
-Toxic Spikes
-Venoshock
-Water Pulse
-Knock Off

Alolan Grimer Lv. 22 @ Eviolite
Poison Touch
-Minimize
-Poison Fang
-Ice Punch
-Bite

Crobat Lv. 25 @ Sitrus Berry
Inner Focus
-Cross Poison
-Confuse Ray
-Acrobatics
-U-Turn

You gotta think, there's a lot of work being a Pokemon gym leader. Not only do you have to keep up your Pokemon and do usual trainer stuff, you also have to manage the facilities and there's probably licenses and certificates to keep up. You also gotta make sure you've got plenty of badges on hand. Just a thought.

My gym:

It's in a cave somewhere in a forest, and I have several Lycanroc and Mightyena. I don't keep them in pokeballs, they just wander around the nearby forest. I've also got Poochyena and Rockruffs that haven't grown up yet. In the back wall of the cave, there's a door to my living quarters and office where I take care of stuff. I'm probably gonna write a story I have an idea of based on this idea, I've had this idea for a while.

Region: Galar (Pokemon Sword version)
Gym: Minor Divison :')
Type: Ghost
Badge: Spirit Badge
TR33: Shadow Ball x20
Gym Layout: Like the hidden path minigame from fall guys. There are three sections in the gym total. If you fall, you'll go back to the start of the section. Trainers are on floating platforms that are above the void-like drop.
My Team:
1st Pokemon: Mimikyu Lvl. 60
Ability: Disguise
Moveset:
1. Shadow Ball
2. Shadow Claw
3. Play Rough
4. Curse

2nd Pokemon: Mismagius(Not in the dex but I have it anyway) Lvl. 61
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
1. Shadow Ball
2. Magical Leaf
3. Psybeam
4. Confuse Ray

3rd Pokemon: Gourgeist(Super-Size) Lvl. 63(nice)
Ability: Insomnia
Moveset:
1. Shadow Ball
2. Dark Pulse
3. Seed Bomb
4. Leech Seed

4th Pokemon: Gengar(will Gigantamx) Lvl. 65
Ability: Cursed Body
Moveset:
1. Shadow Ball
2. Night Shade
3. Ice Punch
4. Nasty Plot

(Hope you enjoyed reading :D)

Last edited:
Region: Unova
Gym Number: 8
Type: Steel
Badge: Forge Badge

Gym Description: Gym is located inside a metal working plant (how we pay the bills) on the top floor. After taking an elevator trainers find themselves in a large room with a forge in the middle and a man with 2 Machoke at his side. Speaking to the man reveals that in order to challenge the leader (me) the trainer must cut the chains around the large door that I'm behind with an item made by the forge. He then tells trainers that the sides of the room lead to hallways that lead into rooms containing items and switches needed to use the forge. Trainers must battle trainers to access the rooms and if stuck can ask the man at the forge what items and conditions he needs. After obtaining all the things he needs the Man and his Machoke forge a sword and gives it to the trainers. With all their might trainers cut the chains and open the door to see me standing at the end of the room with swords sticking out of the ground all over the place.

My team

Skarmory LV49
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Stealth Rock, Toxic, Roost, Steel Wing

Ferrothorn LV50
Ability: Iron Barbs
Moves: Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Bulldoze, Thunder Wave

Excadrill LV51
Ability: Sand Rush
Moves: Sandstorn, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Iron Head

Empoleon LV50
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Scald, Aqua Jet, Ice Beam, Flash Cannon

Aegislash LV52
Ability: Stance Change
Moves: King's Shield, Iron Head, Shadow Ball, Sacred Sword

Yeah, I'm not gonna make this easy for the challenger but hey I'm the last test before the E4 so they better be on their A-game. After beating me they get the badge and a TM/TR I'm still undecided on (Flash cannon or Iron Head if either is available). As a bonus they also get to keep the sword they used to access my room. It's a hold item called Fine Sword which boosts the critical chance of the holder as much as Farfetch'd's stick/leek does but only for physical moves that make contact with the opponent.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom