• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Change a Pokémon...

I would make Mightyena more officially wolf themed. It already looks more like a wolf than a hyena already, but I wish it was officially the case
Honestly, I'd rather go the other way. Make it more definitively hyena-themed. Lol to each their own!

IMO, Crobat needs to have its scrapped gender difference back in BDSP, as a development gag. Males could have slightly different mouths compared to females.

This would ruin Porygon2 for competitive, but I always thought Porygon-Z makes more sense as a branched evolution for Porygon.

That, or give Porygon-Z a new form and a special item Bug Fix or Update Patch or something that let's it basically become the uncorrupted version. I know more people want the branched evolution of a proper Porygon3 but I kinda like the idea of debugging to make the glitchy version work as intended.

I sometimes feel that Sceptile should've had its offensive stats swapped so it could actually make the best possible use of Leaf Blade, which is supposed to be its signature move. I get that Sceptile actually could use it well prior to the physical/special split, but on the high unlikelihood that Game Freak decides to do stat redistributions, this one should be high on the list. Whether or not Sceptile's Mega should also be affected by this hypothetical change is up for debate, though. Arguably the same deal goes for Swampert and Muddy Water.

I sometimes feel that Sceptile should've had its offensive stats swapped so it could actually make the best possible use of Leaf Blade, which is supposed to be its signature move. I get that Sceptile actually could use it well prior to the physical/special split, but on the high unlikelihood that Game Freak decides to do stat redistributions, this one should be high on the list. Whether or not Sceptile's Mega should also be affected by this hypothetical change is up for debate, though. Arguably the same deal goes for Swampert and Muddy Water.
It's not even just Leaf Blade; Sceptile has a vastly better (and just plain larger) pool of physical moves than special ones. Specialwise he's pretty much the grass type suite, Focus Miss, and Round.
Phsyical he gets Earthquake, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Swords Dance...

It's not even just Leaf Blade; Sceptile has a vastly better (and just plain larger) pool of physical moves than special ones. Specialwise he's pretty much the grass type suite, Focus Miss, and Round.
Phsyical he gets Earthquake, Rock Slide, Dragon Claw, Swords Dance...
Well, there's also Dragon Pulse, which does offer relatively decent neutral coverage in conjunction with Grass STAB and Focus Miss, but yeah, Sceptile doesn't have much of anything else on the special attacking side of things...

I believe that Glaceon should have its standard Ability Snow Cloak retconned to Slush Rush. That'd fix its poor Speed and give us a Special-based Slush Rush Pokemon (Beartic, Alolan Sandslash, Arctovish and Arctozolt are all physical-based).

I believe that Glaceon should have its standard Ability Snow Cloak retconned to Slush Rush. That'd fix its poor Speed and give us a Special-based Slush Rush Pokemon (Beartic, Alolan Sandslash, Arctovish and Arctozolt are all physical-based).
God... can you imagine STAB 100% accurate Blizzards coming off a 130 Special Attack + 130 Speed???

This could potentially make Glaceon broken tho.

This could potentially make Glaceon broken tho.
I don't think so, tbh. For starters, Slush Rush only works if Hail is active, so any of the weather-changing Abilities would stop Glaceon on its tracks. Secondly, with Glaceon being a pure Ice-type (weak to four types, all of them common offensively, and resistant to only one type with zero immunities) there's no shortage of ways to inflict damage on it and knock it out. Finally, Glaceon's movepool is incredibly shallow: pretty much all it has in the way of coverage besides the obvious Normal-type attacks is Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, and Stored Power. Oh, and I guess Weather Ball technically counts, but seeing how Glaceon is at its most effective under Hail, in practice that move would just be extra STAB in nearly every situation. It did at least get Freeze-Dry in Gen 8, which does help it deal with bulky Water-types, but that's hardly a Fishious Rend-level OP move. Notice how Glaceon has almost nothing to hit Steel-types with (literally its only options for that are Shadow Ball and Water Pulse, which only do neutral damage and the latter's power is kinda mediocre at best anyway), so there's plenty of Pokemon that can either wall it or at the very least eat a hit or two from it and KO it right back.

In short, no, Glaceon wouldn't be broken if it got Slush Rush. It'd be a massive improvement from where it currently is to be sure, but hardly overpowered.

Last edited:
I don't think so, tbh. For starters, Slush Rush only works if Hail is active, so any of the weather-changing Abilities would stop Glaceon on its tracks. Secondly, with Glaceon being a pure Ice-type (weak to four types, all of them common offensively, and resistant to only one type with zero immunities) there's no shortage of ways to inflict damage on it and knock it out. Finally, Glaceon's movepool is incredibly shallow: pretty much all it has in the way of coverage besides the obvious Normal-type attacks is Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, and Stored Power. Oh, and I guess Weather Ball technically counts, but seeing how Glaceon is at its most effective under Hail, in practice that move would just be extra STAB in nearly every situation. It did at least get Freeze-Dry in Gen 8, which does help it deal with bulky Water-types, but that's hardly a Fishious Rend-level OP move. Notice how Glaceon has almost nothing to hit Steel-types with (literally its only options for that are Shadow Ball and Water Pulse, which only do neutral damage and the latter's power is kinda mediocre at best anyway), so there's plenty of Pokemon that can either wall it or at the very least eat a hit or two from it and KO it right back.

In short, no, Glaceon wouldn't be broken if it got Slush Rush. It'd be a massive improvement from where it currently is to be sure, but hardly overpowered.
Yeah... I get what you mean. Glaceon is only realy held back, even in this situation, by Ice's terrible positions in the type match-up chart.

But still: This could potentially make Glaceon very powerful and easy to let it go haywire if you can't take it out in one hit.

This idea came to me just now as I was writing in the BDSP thread. I'd bring back the ability to teach Chatot phrases, but instead of speaking into a microphone you teach it the cry of another Pokemon in your party.
It'd be neat if you could replace its cry by teaching it a certain phrase that maybe let's it learn a special move. I guess that's just a rehash of Rotom, but teaching it to say "fire!" or something might let it use fire blast.

Idk, the more I type this out the dumber it sounds.

Yeah... I get what you mean. Glaceon is only realy held back, even in this situation, by Ice's terrible positions in the type match-up chart.

But still: This could potentially make Glaceon very powerful and easy to let it go haywire if you can't take it out in one hit.
Yeah, but I don't think there's a lot of situations where dealing Glaceon would be that difficicult unless you're running a team that's either full of incredibly weak Pokemon, a team that suffers from a glaring weakness to Ice, or a team that for some reason doesn't carry any moves that hit Ice super-effectively (something that's incredibly difficult to do in the first place, since Ice's weaknesses have pretty good coverage, so if you're running a team where literally nobody knows a Fire, Fighting, Rock, or Steel attack then Ice will be far from the only thing you can't beat...)

I think Glaceon with Slush Rush would be more along the lines of Magic Bounce Espeon on Baton Pass teams or Belly Drum+Gluttony+Extreme Speed Hoennese Linoone: both are Pokemon that are practically unstoppable if you manage to set them up properly, but setting them up properly in the first place is an incredibly difficult task to do because you need to predict literally everything perfectly, as well as hope that your opponent doesn't realize what you're doing until it's too late. These attributes keep both Espeon and Linoone from being overpowered despite their capacity to massacre entire teams singlehanded, and Slush Rush Glaceon would likely be about the same, if not slightly worse (mono Ice is sadly that much of a handicap).

Speaking of which, I think it would be cool if the Eeveelutions were all given the Partner Eevee moves from Let's Go (or perhaps equivalents with the same effects so we don't have to deal with ridiculous names), with each one getting the one that matches their type. I don't think it's very likely but I can dream...

Speaking of which, I think it would be cool if the Eeveelutions were all given the Partner Eevee moves from Let's Go (or perhaps equivalents with the same effects so we don't have to deal with ridiculous names), with each one getting the one that matches their type. I don't think it's very likely but I can dream...
This is what I want, too. Gimme an Umbreon with Umbreozone*, GF!

*I'm still sticking with translations of the Spanish names.

Okay, here's one that might be somewhat contentious: I'd remove Tyranitar's Mega Evolution and make its design one for a Gigantamax form instead. I feel like Legendary and pseudo-legendary Pokemon should have never had Mega Evolutions in the first place, but Mega Tyranitar in particular is one I feel is especially superfluous because as far as I can tell it was seldom-used due to base Tyranitar not really needing the boost and the Mega slot being better utilized by other Pokemon. Meanwhile, with Tyranitar being clearly based on Godzilla, it's probably the one Pokemon most deserving of a Gigantamax form, so I think it really should have gotten that instead of a Mega Evolution, since it's much more thematically fitting to Tyranitar's basis. As for the special Gigantamax Move, I'm thinking maybe something like "G-Max Plasmablast" which is what all of Tyranitar's Dark-type attacks would become as a Gigantamax Pokemon, it'd be animated to look like Godzilla's trademark radiation breath and as a secondary effect it'd remove the opponents' Abilities.

This has probably been said and I'm just too lazy to check, but I would revert the Marill line back to its original typing(s). I don't see how it is at all a Fairy Mon. They're rodents, not pixies, sprites, or spirits. If anything adding the Fairy-type hurts just as much as it helps, as it tacks on another weakness or shifts weaknesses around (Azurill loses the Fighting weakness but gains both Poison and Steel, while both Marill and Azumarill gain Poison). I honestly don't see it as a Fairy Mon and would rather the line return to its original state and not have the Fairy typing. If they wanted to add the Fairy typing to something they should've added it to the Sinnoh Lake Trio, since they're way more pixie-like than the aqua rodents, which I would very much approve of.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom