• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Change a Pokémon...

Oh man Electivire deserves some buffs. First make it an Electric/Fighting type. Then give it better physical electric (plasma fists, volt tackle or a signature move) and fighting (close combat, drain punch, mach punch) moves for stab. He also needs some set up moves like bulk up and agility. Lastly I'd change its stats to the following, I decreased some to compensate:

HP: 75 --> 80
Attack: 123 --> 130
Defense: 67 --> 75
Special Attack: 95 --> 90
Special Defense: 85 --> 70
Speed: 95 --> 105

BST: 540 --> 550.

Edit: You know buffing wild charge's base power from 90 --> 120 or 110 could also work and help other physical electric types who need stronger stab.

Last edited:
-Psyduck/Golduck should have been Water/Psychic. They're stated to have psychic powers and Psyduck's English name is literally psychic duck.
-Ledian's stats should be more Attack based than Defense based.
-Seviper should've gotten a signature ability as its HA along with Zangoose. In particular I was thinking of giving it a new ability called Deadly Venom, where if Seviper were to Poison an opponent they would become Badly Poisoned instead.
-Huntail and Gorebyss should've been Water/Dark and Water/Psychic.
-Luxray should've been Electric/Dark
-Emolga should've been an evolution of Pachirisu instead of a standalone Pokemon.
-Likewise, Alomomola should've been an evolution of Luvdisc.
-Beartic should be Ice/Water. Its dex entry says it's a strong swimmer and it has Swift Swim as an HA.
-Xerneas should be Fairy/Grass. It's a forest dwelling Pokemon that sleeps in the form of a tree.
-Galarian Ponyta should be Fairy. Galarian Rapidash should be a Fairy/Flying alicorn.
-I also agree with @FinnishPokéFan92 that Zeraora should be Electric/Fighting.

Last edited:
Zeraora should be Electric/Fighting. Why it wasn't that in the first place is beyond me.

You know, the really funny thing is that the new tutor move Coaching can pretty much only be learned by Fighting types. There are three exceptions to this: Mew, since it can learn every move; Cinderace, likely because of its obvious sports theme, and... Zeraora, for no particularly apparent reason.

Last edited:
Lets see Zubat/Golbat should've been made into part Dark in generation 2 and had their Poison type traits retconned because we had wayyyy too many Poison types back then anyways and we needed a few more Dark ones.

And Starmie being part Psychic never made sense Golduck should've been half Psychic instead.

Also Nidoking/Nidoqueen should've been part Dragon because they literally look like mini Godzillas.

Pinsir: Bug/Fighting
Sceptile: Grass/Dragon
Flygon: Ground/Bug
Milotic: Water/Fairy
Glalie: Ice/Dark
Huntail: Water/Dark
Gorebyss: Water/Fairy
Staraptor: Flying/Fighting
Luxray: Electric/Dark
Electivire: Electric/Fighting
Serperior: Grass/Dragon
Emboar: Fire/Ground
Samurott: Water/Fighting or Water/Steel
Haxorus: Dragon/Steel
Tsareena: Grass/Fighting

I would have given Kyurem-Black and Kyurem-White an enhanced version of their abilities that works like Steelworker so Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare function as basically STAB moves making it effectively a triple type. Liquid Voice gets a power boost to the moves similar to the -Ate abilities.

In terms of base stats, abilities and such, there is plenty but I'd feel that can get way too detailed and such. All I'm saying is, Inteleon is a terrible design and I would have made it something more akin to the Loch Ness monstter. Same with Cinderace, horrible design and something I would have changed in something else too.

Another small change I'd make is switching Decidueye's base Special Defense stat (100) with its Speed (70). Not sure why he's this slow to begin with and it's not like he's a bulky pokemon anyways. Even better I'd trade some of its special attack and invest it into its attack (maybe from 107/100 to 117/90 respectively). I think it's more inclined towards physical attacks and could use this boost in power.

Its stats are kinda awkward right now imo.

Edit: Speaking of slow things in Alola, Vikavolt? Why's it so slow and bulky? That makes no sense given its physiology.

Last edited:
I would add Dark to Necrozma's base typing, it makes sense as a type that would be replaced by Steel or Ghost once the fusion takes place and eventually Dragon when it Ultra Bursts. There are two reasons for the Dark-typing: The absence of light and the fact that it can learn a few Dark-type moves via level-up.

The Dark-typing added to Necrozma would be similar to how Kyurem has the Ice-type, representing the absence of something. Moreover, it seems like it's the Solgaleo/Lunala body that's doing most of the attacks anyway.

Last edited:
Silvally's Ability would change according to type it gains - like Fire type gives it something like blaze, etc. Also, its type-changing disks would be part of a key item, so that it can actually hold any item it wants. Multiattack would go back to 90 BP in the process.

That way, Arceus can be pronounced like it should: R-See-Us v_v.

I know stat redistributions aren't something that's ever happened or likely will ever happen, but Flareon and Glaceon are at the bottom of the Eeveelution hierarchy precisely because their stats are completely unhelpful for their types: Flareon is trying to be a slow and bulky physical attacker, but that HP and Defense do it no favors, nor does tha fact that literally all of Fire's weaknesses are extremely common offensively. Glaceon fares ever-so-slightly better with having both its Defense and Special Defense reasonably high, but they're badly offset by its low HP and the fact that it's an Ice-type (aka the worst defensive type in the whole game). If it were up to me, I'd have given them these stats:
Flareon
  • HP- 65
  • Attack- 130
  • Defense- 60
  • Special Attack- 95
  • Special Defense- 65
  • Speed- 110
Glaceon
  • HP- 65
  • Attack- 60
  • Defense- 65
  • Special Attack- 130
  • Special Defense- 110
  • Speed- 95
I wanted Flareon to keep a good-ish Special Attack stat because I like the idea of at least one of the Eeveelutions being a mixed attacker, and with a better Speed stat Flareon might even be an okay mixed sweeper. Glaceon I decided to make it sort of a "mirror" to Leafeon in stats; whereas the Grass Eevee has good physical stats but bad special ones, the Ice one would have the exact inverse, and they both would have the same Speed. This way Glaceon can still keep a little bit of the "bulky Ice-type" stereotype that Game Freak loves so much while at the same time still making it just barely fast and strong enough to be a decent special sweeper. As a final addendum, Glaceon's Hidden Ability would be Slush Rush instead of Ice Body so it and Leafeon can be true foils to each other.

I also second @Daren's suggestion of buffing Flygon's Attack stat by 20 points.

Last edited:
the main one for me, I'd change based on a pet peeve of mine - arachnids aren't bug, wish they remove that type for them
Spinark and Ariados - Poison/Grass
Joltik and Galvantula - Poison/Electric
Dewpider and Araquanid - Poison/Water

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom