• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Change a Pokémon...

Add 10 to the base attack of Persian, and by extension, Alolan Persian and Perrserker.

A lot of Gen V Pokemon could use a +10 or +20 BST boost since they evolve so late.

Pretty sure these were talked about but I'll say anyways:
Oricorio should have elemental moves according to their typing
Castform should have Sand form and Fog form

On that note I think Castform should've been part Water type by default because its default design is so obviously reminiscent of a cloud. Its Rainy Form should've been Electric type instead to represent a thunderstorm imo.

Okay, a while ago I commented on making changes to Zacian and Zamazenta, but didn't elaborate much on what stats and moves I'd give them. So here's how the wolves would be if I had made them:

“Heroes of Many Battles” stats
  • HP- 90
  • Attack- 110
  • Defense- 110
  • Special Attack- 80
  • Special Defense- 110
  • Speed- 100
  • Total- 600
Crowned Zacian stats
  • HP- 90
  • Attack- 160 (+50)
  • Defense- 110
  • Special Attack- 80
  • Special Defense- 110
  • Speed- 130 (+30)
  • Total- 680 (+80)
Crowned Zamazenta stats
  • HP- 90
  • Attack- 120 (+10)
  • Defense- 150 (+40)
  • Special Attack- 80
  • Special Defense- 150 (+40)
  • Speed- 90 (-10)
  • Total- 680 (+80)
Zacian level-up moves
Level 1- Sacred Sword
Level 1- Quick Guard
Level 1- Metal Claw
Level 1- Howl
Level 1- Quick Attack
Level 1- Bite
Level 11- Slash
Level 22- Swords Dance
Level 33- Iron Head/Behemoth Blade
Level 44- Laser Focus
Level 55- Crunch
Level 66- Play Rough
Level 77- Close Combat
Level 88- Giga Impact
Zamazenta level-up moves
Level 1- King’s Shield
Level 1- Wide Guard
Level 1- Metal Claw
Level 1- Howl
Level 1- Metal Burst
Level 1- Bite
Level 11- Bulk Up
Level 22- Iron Defense
Level 33- Iron Head/Behemoth Bash
Level 44- Recover
Level 55- Crunch
Level 66- Body Press
Level 77- Close Combat
Level 88- Giga Impact

Goodra should be Dragon/Poison or Dragon/Water imo. It’s covered in slime/goo and lives in the swamp (even evolving in the rain only). It also learns a fair amount of water and poison moves (in fact, more water moves than dragon ones via level up).

It being mono dragon feels off to me, especially when all the other pseudo-legendaries are dual types.

I would give Black Kyurem and White Kyurem a similar ability that Dhelmise has and also add more Electric-type (for Black Kyurem) and Fire-type (White Kyurem) moves in their movepools to take advantage of said ability. The unfused Kyurem form (I will keep refusing to call it "Normal" until the end of time) can still keep the Ice moves. Also, many (but not all) of the Ice-type moves would change into Electric-type or Fire-type moves depending on the fused form.

Zamazenta level-up moves
Level 1- King’s Shield
Level 1- Wide Guard
Level 1- Metal Claw
Level 1- Howl
Level 1- Metal Burst
Level 1- Bite
Level 11- Bulk Up
Level 22- Iron Defense
Level 33- Iron Head/Behemoth Bash
Level 44- Recover
Level 55- Crunch
Level 66- Body Press
Level 77- Close Combat
Level 88- Giga Impact
Lol i was gonna pretty much post the same revamped movepool for Zamazenta. It's really weird that they didn't give the pokemon that is on the cover of Shield and also has a literal shield around its neck the move called King's Shield (and it's not like signature moves haven't been handed to other pokemon in the generations following the move's debut). Same for Body Press, a pokemon know for defense not having the move that takes Defense into account in damage calculation.

Guess this post also applies to the moves that pokemon should learn thread.

Goodra should be Dragon/Poison or Dragon/Water imo. It’s covered in slime/goo and lives in the swamp (even evolving in the rain only). It also learns a fair amount of water and poison moves (in fact, more water moves than dragon ones via level up).

It being mono dragon feels off to me, especially when all the other pseudo-legendaries are dual types.

Yeah, I gave it Dragon/Poison in a USUM Rom I'm working on in my spare time. Once you're doing such a thing you really start to realize how much weird decisions have been made with typing and move distribution.

It being Dragon is not bad on its own but the fact that the goo and rain is such a heavy element in the lore and design it's like... "Why not just... add it as a typing?"

My guess is that they didn't want to take away the novelty of a brand new typing from Dragalge, which was introduced in the same generation. But now i wonder if they should have made Dragalge Dragon/Water (which honestly makes more sense), and gave the Dragon/Poison to Goodra.

I thought about the Oricorio dilemma and the best thing I could come up with, while maintaining balance, is having Revelation Dance be learned a lot earlier; specifically between levels 20-25. This way, players can access their secondary STAB more readily, rather than having to wait so long (in which other Pokémon of their non-Flying typing would be available).

I'd change Wurmple's evolution method, so that it evolves into Silcoon during the day, or Cascoon at night.
I kinda like the randomness tbh, even though I'd like to understand how it's evolution is determined. Maybe an item could be used instead? Those are far more convenient than timed evolutions

Here's a minor change I'd make- change Corphish's category from "The Ruffian Pokemon". Like, what? Its dex entries say nothing about it being a ruffian, it's not Dark-type until it evolves- why did you give it that?

Not a Pokemon per se, but more of the name of a typing in Japanese, I would change the name Evil-type to something that's less villainizing as there's definitely Dark-type Pokemon who don't really fit the "Evil" idea, like Greninja.

I feel like "evil" isn't that accurate of a translation, and something like wicked or crooked would carry the connotations more.

Looking at Flygon I feel it is far too balanced stat-wise. I would lower its Speed stat to 60, raise both Defense and Special Attack stats to at least 90 or better long with more Special Attack-based moves like Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for more coverage options

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom