• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could change anything in pokemon adventures

Mythicalzoe

Reaction score
What would you change plz note i really dont care if my suggestions destroy the story

1.I love charmander and would make it Red's starter mon
so Green gets Squirtle
and Blue gets Bulbasaur

Thats a start now what are yours

Remove Yellow.

Make RGB arc cover what the Yellow Arc would have (so it spans 7 volumes and isn't so rushed).

If I could change ANYTHING, I would've made it so that Satoshi Yamamoto was the artist for the whole series. His art is so much more eye-pleasing.

One thing I would change would be not having Gold and Silver be missing in action for two whole volumes in the GSC arc. I understand why they shifted the focus to Crystal and she wasn't a bad character by any means, although I really didn't care that much about her capture quest considering what else was going on at the time. To be fair, it did become more interesting when Suicune came into the picture and the way she bonded with her Chikorita and the rest of her team was kind of nice, but it was kind of annoying to leave the other two main characters out of action for so long. It might have been more annoying for me when I first read the arc and not as much during a re-read, but it still feels kind of annoying.

But Yellow is cool and a unique

Not really. I found her annoying, and she was both very bland and aggravating at the same time. She's the only PokeSpe character I hate.

Really? Aww, I thought she was a pretty nice non-gamecanon addition, actually. Emerald's an interesting and unique character, but I dunno. He just doesn't rub me the right way. o_o

But I would want to make it so Wally, Bianca (& Cheren?) to return to being Dex Holders, because it's kinda unfair to shaft them because of Kusaka's 3 Pokedex per region restriction.

I'd change the Kanto GLs and/or Elite 4 suddenly being homicidal maniacs in the first part, and make them normal, like they are in the games. :| It's why I couldn't take it seriously at all.

I'd have never introduced Yellow and Emerald either. The former is such a Mary-Sue, and the latter is just plain annoying. I'd make "Black" more laid-back, not the typical hot-headed shonen hero.

Oh, and I'd never kill off Maxie. There's a LOT I'd change about Special, but those are the main ones. I haven't read all of them (just RBY, and a little bit of BW), but I just really can't stand what I've read so far anywhere.

I'd at least make it so that every saga starts at he beginning of each volume. There's too much of a change in atmosphere and etc. to have any of them start anywhere other than the beginning, imo.

I'd change the Kanto GLs and/or Elite 4 suddenly being homicidal maniacs in the first part, and make them normal, like they are in the games. :| It's why I couldn't take it seriously at all.

You know, it's not as though they were good at first and then suddenly evil for no reason within the story. They were villains from the get-go and I honestly see nothing wrong with a few changes like these when making an adaptation, especially when said characters barely had personality or a role in the plot (or lack there of) in the games. The Gym Leaders like Lt. Surge, Sabrina and Koga being evil makes sense since Giovanni is the eighth Leader and having him seed his men amongst the Pokemon League would be something he'd do since he'd have connections to make it so.

While the Elite Four being evil I can see being questionable, they weren't bad villains. Nothing great but I don't see embellishing on them is anything bad. Sure it's kinda jarring compared to the games but I don't see how one would take them less seriously than that.

And as for Maxie, I can understand if he was your favorite character but who says a Pokemon can't have death? Besides, it's from Japan. Death can be shown in stuff for kids there with little issue and PokeSpe doesn't do it gruesomely at all.

You know, it's not as though they were good at first and then suddenly evil for no reason within the story. They were villains from the get-go and I honestly see nothing wrong with a few changes like these when making an adaptation, especially when said characters barely had personality or a role in the plot (or lack there of) in the games. The Gym Leaders like Lt. Surge, Sabrina and Koga being evil makes sense since Giovanni is the eighth Leader and having him seed his men amongst the Pokemon League would be something he'd do since he'd have connections to make it so.

While the Elite Four being evil I can see being questionable, they weren't bad villains. Nothing great but I don't see embellishing on them is anything bad. Sure it's kinda jarring compared to the games but I don't see how one would take them less seriously than that.

And as for Maxie, I can understand if he was your favorite character but who says a Pokemon can't have death? Besides, it's from Japan. Death can be shown in stuff for kids there with little issue and PokeSpe doesn't do it gruesomely at all.

It's that they weren't evil in the games, and suddenly they're cuckoo-crazy in the manga. D8 I take artistic liberties with the personality of NPCs in Pokemon, and they at least only go a little OOC. I'd never take it this far. Why make them villains, when there was already Team Rocket? Sabrina and Koga, MAYBE I can see them being TR members. But Surge of all people? He's an American soldier, he should know better than to join the mafia. Unless they paid him off or something...

It's not just RBY either. Pryce was also suddenly a crazy bad guy who enslaved children to be his mindless minions. But of course, he has a tragic back story to cover it up with, and dies peacefully in time. :| Seriously? My own ideas are pretty stupid, but not as stupid as this. There are better ways of making flat characters more interesting, and suddenly making them evil maniacs isn't a smart way to go at all. At least it improved just a tiny bit in RS.

But not even RS was safe. There's Ruby being attacked by a Salamence. There aren't any wild Salamence to be found in the games. To me it felt like trying too hard to say "LOOK AT HOW DANGEROUS THE POKEMON WORLD IS!!!11!". Except, it really isn't. :| It's just small stupid things like that that can't allow me to like anything Special does. It's just too ridiculous.

The fact that Salamence isn't found in the wild in the games is seriously a problem?

The Pokemon world is dangerous, given the occasions when Pokemon have caused natural disasters...

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom