• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If You Could Eat a Pokemon--Pokemon Cuisine

Re: Stick a fork in it. (Pokemon Cuisine)

Pansage = Broccoli. I think they could just take it off, and it's grow back. Like a sheep and wool. Speaking of sheep, I could go for some Mareep chops right now.

Tentacool, Tentacruel, Frillish and Jellicent could taste like jellyfish, Croagunk and Toxicroak, Tympole, Palpitoad and Seismitoad's legs could be similar to frog's legs, Vanillite, Vanillish and Vanilluxe could taste like ice cream, Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross could tast like eels, Paras, Parasect, Foongus and Amoonguss are similar to mushrooms, Magby, Magmar and Magmortar could taste like ducks, Togepi could be eaten like Exeggcute as eggs, Ludicolo looks like a pineapple and could be eaten, Slugma, Magcargo, Shellos and Gastrodon could taste like snails, and I think Basculin could be eaten.

I wouldnt like to eat Toxicroak, or Tentacool, or Slugma, or Paras. Om nom nom, molten lava! Vanilite line is an ice. Freezed water. No vanilla.

Ah yes, cause nothing says delicious like molten lava.
I wouldnt like to eat Toxicroak, or Tentacool, or Slugma, or Paras. Om nom nom, molten lava! Vanilite line is an ice. Freezed water. No vanilla.
Slugma could die like the torch slugs in the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with the fire of their body being extinguished when they die. Here is some of the text of the information of a torch slug in ocarina of time on the Zelda Wiki page
Standard weapons, like a sword, can be used to extinguish their protective flame, revealing the gray, weak flesh that is the real body of the slug.
This could also be the way Magby, Magmar and Magmortar could be eaten.

Like Pansage's broccoli on its head could be taken off and grow back, the mushrooms on Paras's back could be taken off and grow back.

There is a gap in the FoodDex between Ludicolo and Crawdaunt which says ~CCC, is that for Corphish? Exeggutor is base on a coconut or pineapple tree so maybe their heads could be eaten and be like coconuts or pineapples.

Last edited:

Corphish! The name eluded me, but yes, that was what the gap was for.

I'm liking your thoughts on Slugma. Per my own, Slugma could be "watered down," and become something similar to salt.

As for Paras, I don't think that it can be separated from its mushroom. However, part of the mushroom could be consumed probably, with the rest reovering in time. The same might go for Pansage and its sprout. (Exeggutor is a plain strange concept. Eggs becoming pineapples?)

~

In other news, I'm making a separate FoodDex for Water-dwelling pokemon (mostly Water pokemon will be in here, but things like Eelektross may be found in here as well.) This is for pokemon who most sensibly are conceived of as dwelling in the water. (Ambiguous pokemon will be found in the normal dex.) There will be some serious clog otherwise if all pokemon go into the same spoiler section. I'm also condensing pokemon lines together, and not giving every individual pokemon its own entry. Pokemon such as Azurill and Politoed, introduced a generation or more after the first pokemon in their line, will be moved up. (And there will be, in there place, indicatio showing where they were moved to.)

Last edited:

I'd say that mushrooms on Parasite back are poisonous. Am I wrong? I really don't know.

Water pokemon are seafood. I'd eat Krabby or such. Love seafood!

Slugma could die like the torch slugs in the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time with the fire of their body being extinguished when they die. Here is some of the text of the information of a torch slug in ocarina of time on the Zelda Wiki page This could also be the way Magby, Magmar and Magmortar could be eaten.

Let's go ahead and look at Slugma's Pokedex entry shall we?
"Its body is made of magma. If it doesn't keep moving, its body will cool and harden."

Huh, so we kill the little slugma and now instead of eating magma we're eating hot rocks... huh... CHECK PLEASE!

I would say that any Pokémon with a real-life animal counterpart could be eaten relatively similarly (Miltank to beef, unfertilized eggs, etc.), with the addition of most grass Pokémon with plant-parts being able to "grow" food in that degree. This is actually confirmed to a degree - I'm pretty sure that Tropius' bananas are mentioned to be edible somewhere, and Miltank milk is definitely safe for consumption. Paras and Parasect can definitely shed at least parts of their mushrooms, but reports on how edible they are vary - they've been used for medicine and delicacies more than once, but have also been shown to release spores for battle purposes - perhaps they just need to be handled properly, as many real-life foods do.

As for the previous mention of Magikarp being supposedly inedible, I would throw a guess that Meowth hurting its teeth was the result of a rather domestic Pokémon (who has been repeatedly shown to have minimal battle ability) attempting and failing to bite through a Pokémon's protective scales.

i would like to eat only the most rare and innocent pokemon like legendarys and baby pokemon

i would like to eat only the most rare and innocent pokemon like legendarys and baby pokemon

Baby Pokemon? There isn't anything that would make good veal, though! Nytie's Torchic Nuggets sound plausible, though, as does Darkqueen's Mareep Lamb Chops.
Now that I think about it, some roasted Ho-oh does sound good. Kyogre would probably provide enough meat to feed an entire family.

Back to regular Pokemon, who likes the idea of Miltank Milk Shakes? "Made from Johto's highest quality MooMoo Milk!"
Also, take all the fat from a Snorlax, and do what you will with it. How about use in Kanto Kandy Bars? "Made with real MooMoo Milk!" Though I expect they'll be scrutinized because of the high fat content, especially in Unova.

Finally, for the list of not-good-to-eat 'Mons:
  • Kabutops (Doesn't seem like they'd have much good meat in there.)
  • Garbodor (Who eats trash?)
  • Most Poison-Types (unless eaten with a few Pecha Berries.)
  • Unown (Too hard to bite, I guess?)
  • Steel-Types and Rock-Types in general (Ever bite a piece of a car hood?) Or a massive boulder?)
  • Skarmory: I wouldn't think it has that much meat at all.)

More in a bit.

I'd say that mushrooms on Parasite back are poisonous. Am I wrong? I really don't know.

By "Parasite" did you mean Paras or Parasect? In the episode The Problem with Paras the character of the day, Cassandra,
Bulbapedia said:
wants to make her Paras evolve so that she could use Parasect's mushroom to help develop a miracle Pokémon medicine.
Maybe it could be used in other ways aswell.

Let's go ahead and look at Slugma's Pokedex entry shall we?
"Its body is made of magma. If it doesn't keep moving, its body will cool and harden."

Huh, so we kill the little slugma and now instead of eating magma we're eating hot rocks... huh... CHECK PLEASE!
Ok, maybe we couldn't eat the rocks as they are when they die but as League said maybe they could be grinded to make something like salt.

@League Have you put that all generation I introduced Pokémon are edible? I don't think that the Pokémon of numbers 1-15, 23, 24, 27-36, 173, 39-42, 174, 169, 44, 45, 182, 48-53, 63-74, 81, 82, 86-89, 92-97, 100, 101, 104-112, 463, 114, 116- 117, 230, 120-125, 127, 132, 137, 141, 143, 149-151, 239 and 466 are edible in any way.

Last edited:

@Water MaxThat's quite a large swath of pokemon in generation 1 that you say are inedible... and I'm open-minded when it makes sense, and I've heard and seen some strange things. (I have food in mind.)

But regardless, I think that I'm gonna split the FoodDex into 5 sections, each generation receiving its own section. Water-dwelling pokemon (not purely or simply Water types) from all generations will be moved into the FoodDex Water section, and all pokemon declared inedible with no culinary functions will be moved into the 'Declared Inedible' section--however, I might have every pokemon listed in the FoodDex section of the generation where it first appears, with directions on where to go to get the full of its entry. (Pokemon declared inedible, pokemon that can feasibly only live in the water, and pokemon who have members in their families introduced in an earlier generation will all have their entries in another section.)

Alright, I've separated Gen 1, and I've sorted the FoodDex "Real Life Counterparts" Section. (See under "Pig" for the style changes there.)

Last edited:

something I know I would NOT want to eat is magikarp (they are pretty hard), or any poison pokemon. I think the normal birds would be quite yummy though. And for some veggies i gotta go for a bellsprout or an oddish snack.

I bet Trubbish and Garbodor are inedible. Besides, who eats trash and garbage, anyway?

I found this pic on another thread that's almost dying

Edible_Magikarp.png

I wanna taste that! It looks good!

Haha, imagine a rich guy who pays pokemon hunters for meat of legendary pokemon. That would be an expensive business, huh?

I found this pic on another thread that's almost dying

Edible_Magikarp.png

I wanna taste that! It looks good!

That image is actually from the same episode which I said that Magikarp was shown to be inedible in Pokémon Shipwreck, in my first post of this thread, when Ash and Brock were daydream of eating the helpless Pokémon. I do still like that image.

Now... can we declare Gulpin and Swalot as inedible?

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom