• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

If you could get paid to pay Video Games for the rest of your life, but that's all you could do, would you?

Super Mooderator
Reaction score
  • Staff
And why?

Personally.. yes. I don't go outside enough for it to be an issue. It would probably get in the way of my diabetes appointments, but I could always play a mobile game or something xD

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I've watched some streamers and honestly have been baffled as to how they make money for it and people will just donate tons and tons of money their way. It's a bit bizarre to me.

Since I can't work a job where I stand/walk much anymore due to pain, it does sound nice, as it's a purely sitting down thing. But I don't think I'm 'skilled' enough with video games and probably would just get asked "Why are you doing that? No wonder you're losing this battle! You're not even thinking about it!" I play video games to relax, I generally don't put too much thought into them, aside from the story.

I noticed that Animal Crossing New Horizons was more my speed. You could just make a stream about visiting NMT islands looking for certain villagers and giving your opinions on the ones that appear and that was all you needed to do! Lol.

Another problem is that I never play video games for long sessions. I don't think I could handle the multiple hour streaming that they do every single day.

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
no. the idea sounds nice, and i've certainly have entertained the such, but there have been times where i've needed to take breaks from even playing games at times. so really, i wouldn't be able to do it. kudos to the streamers out there who game for a living!

cute patootie
Reaction score
if it's all I could do, definitely not! I enjoy other hobbies, especially drawing. games are great but this would get exhausting really fast if it's all I were limited to.

Black Rabbit
Reaction score
No, especially if it involves streaming the game. Especially if I'm streaming a game viewers may not like, like most VN's I play; or if it's an RPG I'd rather not have certain people coming in telling me that I should do [x] method to get a certain item or skill, or use [y] class for a certain character, and there's the thought that people won't enjoy me grinding my characters since I actually like doing that in RPG's.

Also I have other hobbies as well like gardening, reading, drawing, exercising, etc. so I'd want time to do those. And can you imagine how your hands and arms would feel constantly playing games for long periods?

But it's still pretty cool to see other people able to do that, I've sometimes seen videos of streamers and it's crazy how some can rake in the money, though I know some of them have a second job anyway cause doing just that for a living doesn't always work out.

Reaction score
If "that's all I could do" means not being able to do any other activities or hobbies besides just playing video games for a living, then I just don't know.

If you mean that's the only job I did to make money, then I would say yes, if I could make that a reality.

The flavor of coffee~
Reaction score
Nah, I think the moment that playing games became work, they'd stop being fun. I don't really think playing all day would be fun either for that long. I mean yeah, maybe sometimes, but I think doing it all day would get old pretty quickly.