• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could get paid to pay Video Games for the rest of your life, but that's all you could do, would you?

I've watched some streamers and honestly have been baffled as to how they make money for it and people will just donate tons and tons of money their way. It's a bit bizarre to me.

Since I can't work a job where I stand/walk much anymore due to pain, it does sound nice, as it's a purely sitting down thing. But I don't think I'm 'skilled' enough with video games and probably would just get asked "Why are you doing that? No wonder you're losing this battle! You're not even thinking about it!" I play video games to relax, I generally don't put too much thought into them, aside from the story.

I noticed that Animal Crossing New Horizons was more my speed. You could just make a stream about visiting NMT islands looking for certain villagers and giving your opinions on the ones that appear and that was all you needed to do! Lol.

Another problem is that I never play video games for long sessions. I don't think I could handle the multiple hour streaming that they do every single day.

if it's all I could do, definitely not! I enjoy other hobbies, especially drawing. games are great but this would get exhausting really fast if it's all I were limited to.

No, especially if it involves streaming the game. Especially if I'm streaming a game viewers may not like, like most VN's I play; or if it's an RPG I'd rather not have certain people coming in telling me that I should do [x] method to get a certain item or skill, or use [y] class for a certain character, and there's the thought that people won't enjoy me grinding my characters since I actually like doing that in RPG's.

Also I have other hobbies as well like gardening, reading, drawing, exercising, etc. so I'd want time to do those. And can you imagine how your hands and arms would feel constantly playing games for long periods?

But it's still pretty cool to see other people able to do that, I've sometimes seen videos of streamers and it's crazy how some can rake in the money, though I know some of them have a second job anyway cause doing just that for a living doesn't always work out.

If "that's all I could do" means not being able to do any other activities or hobbies besides just playing video games for a living, then I just don't know.

If you mean that's the only job I did to make money, then I would say yes, if I could make that a reality.

Nah, I think the moment that playing games became work, they'd stop being fun. I don't really think playing all day would be fun either for that long. I mean yeah, maybe sometimes, but I think doing it all day would get old pretty quickly.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom