• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could have any super power or power, what would it be?

Re: If you could have any superpower

If it had to just be one thing...I guess just extreme resistance to being killed? Immortality, too, if that's not pushing it. I haven't really thought about which "superpowers" I'd most like to have.

Time Travel by far. I've always been fascinated by time travel, especially the scientific aspects.

Just imagine what you could find out! Who shot John F Kennedy, how did the Dinosaurs become extinct? Imagine what you could just see. The signing of the Declaration of Independence, Greece in Ancient times! I would love Time Travel.

The ability to control bugs.

Don't laugh--it's amazing. I've just read the web fiction Worm and it's absolutely brilliant. Highly recommend it to anyone. The main character has the ability to control bugs and she's f**king terrifying.

EDIT: Link below.
1.01 | Worm

I would love the ability to become invisible. I could avoid going to school altogether, or if I did something really stupid, I could become invisible. Or just to freak the crap out of people.
Shapeshifting would be good too. I'd just become a cat and sneak into people's house and freak them out and stuff.

Do you wanna know what I would like as my Superpower? Well, turn invisible and travel to anywhere my mind desires. Perfect for assassinating targets, don't you agree?

I'd asy either spiritual possesion, shapeshifting or the ability to switch minds with/of other people.

I'd want to teleport! It would make getting places much faster, and I'd save a lot on transportation costs.

The power to fly. I've always wanted to fly without the constraints of an airplane or some gliding contraption.

I would love telekinesis.
I'd have to use it very responsibly--do things I can't do, rather than things I don't want to--as I'm already a big enough slacker without it.
But just think about it--I could prevent bicycle injuries (brake on a dime, even downhill, right myself mid-fall, etc) do more work quicker at the job, I'd have a lot less trouble dealing with incapacitation...
And yeah, every once in a while, I'd probably haul my half-awake self to the drug-store on my own mattress at eleven in the morning.

If I could only choose one power, it would have to be psychic powers. That way, I can grab any object without touching it, teleport, travel at super sonic speeds, carry any heavy object, fly, shoot blades of psychic power (like the move Psycho Cut), use telepathy...basically, I am getting multiple powers for the price of one.

The ability to control bugs.
That reminds me of the film Creepers - watch it if you like sick horror.

I'm not sure i could narrow down which power i'd like specifically, they all sound good and have their advantages. I'd be glad to have almost anything.

Stealth. Not exactly invisibility, but an ability to mask my presence, go completely unnoticed, and move silently.

Control over all electricity. That would be really powerful, not counting also cool.

Great knowledge, telekinesis, teleportation.

The ability to tell whether or not people are being sincere. I also kind of wish I could read minds at my own discretion, but I would end up doing something stupid with a power like that, so I'm divided on that one.

Controlling time. Not just stopping it, but being able to slow it down, rewind, and fast forward through the boring bits. Basically, I need a DVD remote that controls time.

In my dream a few nights ago I could conjure ice spikes which I used to impale someone trying to kill me. So I'm going to go with that. I assume I would also be able to conjure a protective shield made of ice, and walk on water by freezing my steps as I go. It seems like a pretty versatile ability. I just hope it comes with cold resistance!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom