• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could have ANY voice actors on the anime, other than those who have...

Geodude

Protecting Gotham City
Reaction score
No disrespect whatsoever is intended to either current or incoming voice actors by this thread, this is merely a fun scenario kinda thing. So keep all of those sort of comments out of here.

Other than those who have already worked on the anime, if you could have ANYONE do it, who would it be?

After watching the entire Teen Titans series, I now have great respect for the talents of Hynden Walch and Tara Strong, who each did a few character voices but are best known for voicing Starfire and Raven respectively. They'd be awesome to have as main characters on the show, maybe Walch could voice May and Strong could voice Jessie. Scott Menville, voice of Robin, could make a good Brock or Ash. Michael Rosenbaum (voice of the Flash in JLU and Kid Flash in Teen Titans) as James or Meowth would be hilarious.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
[wp]Tara Strong[/wp] is amazing - you may otherwise have heard her as Bubbles (Powerpuff Girls) or Terrence (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends) or Omi (Xiaolin Showdown) or Rikku (Final Fantasy / Kingdom Hearts). Ah, this is one voice actor I wouldn't mind having multiple roles in a series.

I wonder if the trouble Pokémon is having is due to the New York location of the studio.

Tara is also quite pleasing to the eyes. :p Ever seen pics of her?

How about David Kaye (the voice of Megatron in Beast Wars) as Giovanni? Yesss.

Geodude said:
After watching the entire Teen Titans series, I now have great respect for the talents of Hynden Walch and Tara Strong, who each did a few character voices but are best known for voicing Starfire and Raven respectively. They'd be awesome to have as main characters on the show, maybe Walch could voice May and Strong could voice Jessie...
Tara Strong does have excellent voice acting talents, but I don't know if she
would fit Jessie's role.

Her voice is so wild and bubbly, perfect for random humoured characters. :)
Jessie just seems to be that half the time... Though I'd be interested to hear
Jessie voiced by something close to that.

I wouldn't mind some of the Teen Titans voice actors to do some from Pokemon. Most of them are pretty good. I'm still surprised that Steven Jay Blum hasn't done any evil or dark characters on Pokemon...

Well, I'm going to go Japanese here.

Hikaru Midorikawa!! Akira Ishida!!

Actually, Akira Ishida was the voice of the conductor-kid in the Houen League, and also Hayato. I just wish he would be a main character, even though I would not replace Shinichirou Miki or Yuuji Ueda.

Kairi said:
I wouldn't mind some of the Teen Titans voice actors to do some from Pokemon. Most of them are pretty good. I'm still surprised that Steven Jay Blum hasn't done any evil or dark characters on Pokemon...

While telecommuting is particularly an option for voice acting... it just isn't done very often. Pokémon (and perhaps, 4Kids) should move over to California - they'll be able to get so many more voices.

Zhen Lin said:
I wonder if the trouble Pokémon is having is due to the New York location of the studio.

No. The trouble has nothing to do with location and everything to do with money, money, money. The new guys can be paid less than the older guys. That's all there is to it.

Even teleconferencing is probably more expensive than paying the Season 9 voice actors the barely above minimum wage salaries they're probably getting.

When I picture Tara Strong, I tend to think of Bubbles from PPG and Clara & Toot from Drawn Together. Talk about opposite sides of the map.

Who ever did that Ebisu guy on Naruto, he reminded me alot of James as he could squeal, but when talking he maintained a well, but slightly goofy, voice.

Debi Debiberry, the voice of Zatch, would make a good Max possibly.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom