• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could invent a new type

TaoistNeji

Your jibs are now busted
Reaction score
What would it be? What would it be strong against? What would it be weak against?

Sorry if another thread like this exists somewhere.

Radioactive type. It would be strong against grass, water, normal, and maybe something else. Weak against steel and maybe rock and ground.

Light-type (How original!)

Offensive:
Bug (0.5x)
Dark (2x)
Dragon (2x)
Fighting (0.5x)
Light (0.5x)

Defensive:
Bug (2x)
Dark (0.5x)
Dragon (0.5x)
Fighting (2x)
Light (0.5x)
Psychic (0x)

All other types are 1x both ways.

Basically, evens the type chart out a bit.

I coulda sworn there was a thread like this already, but it hasn't been closed yet so I'll roll with it. The only idea I could think of for a new is Rubber. I think it could be super effective against Electric and maybe Dark. I don't know why for Dark, but a lot of type effectiveness doesn't make sense.

Not a Light-type.

I'm fine with the 17 types there are. I only think the type chart needs some tweaking. I guess I wouldn't mind a Sound-type.

Plasma-type or something.

Muk, the jellyfish-like Pokes, etc. would be part of it. It would be resistant to physical types like rock and ground because it could absorb the attacks.

Meh...Light type would be everyone's first choice, so why not make it a holy type?
Psh...Original it is....

It would be strong against dark, psychic, ghost,
and would get it's butt kicked from bug, dark and fight.

Meh...

Now to other idea then.
Hmm...Now now...There really isn't many choices, since the allready existing ones do the job pretty throughly...
...plastic type?
Super effective against grass, ground and...something
and weak against rock, steel, fire, fight, psychic?

LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT

I would be for Light-type, because it could help to balance out the type chart and make the number of types an even number of 18 (not including ???), giving each 9 a Physical and Special typing.

If the Light-type were to be made, it would be much better to call it that instead of Holy-type because while Light is a broader term for Holy, you can't photosynthesize with Holiness.

These aspects would give these dis/advantages:

Offensive:
1/2X -> Grass (photosynthesis)
2X -> Dark (good > evil)
2X -> Ghost (R.I.P.)
1/2X -> Steel (reflexive)
1/2X -> Light (same element)
0x -> Psychic (prophets/fortunetellers can read/foretell actions)

*1/2X -> Water (refraction of colors when absorbed)

Defensive:
Grass -> 2X (absorption)
Dark -> 0X (immunity, like Dark to Psychic)
Ghosts -> 2X (un/dead vs heavenly)
Light -> 1/2X (same element)
Psychic -> 2X (mindreader)

*Electric -> 2X (solar power absorption)

*= Not sure?

I think these are some fairly even traits for the Light-type if it were to ever be added into Pokemon. Most of these make sense, except for maybe the dual weakness in Light and Ghost; this should make Ghost more evenly matched by giving it both a new weakness and advantage. It should be immune to Dark simply because it would complete the Psychic, Dark, and Light triangle. And, of course, Grass gets the type-advantage because it makes sense and it would help the type immensely; Grass takes advantage of Water to survive while it also lives off of light: photosynthesis. The maybe types are there because either one would make Water/Electric overpowered; there are a lot of bulky Water-types who could become good Light walls and Electric types become better sweepers.

Star Type. Gives a second type to the likes of Mew and Deoxys, and the faeries. Strong against Dark and normal, weak to ghost and ground (Impact hehe).

Start things off with a few pokemon based on
Comets (Star/Ice)
Asteroids (Star/Rock)
Cosmozoa (take your pick of star trek or farscape like living space ships)
Rocket/Probe/Satellite based ones (Star/Metal)
Actual Stars or Quazars (Star/Fire)

Toss in the return of Team Galactic and some impending collision with PokeEarth by a passing colonial moon of some sort, and run with it :D

steam type!
ummm....
strengths and weaknesses?
Immune:
Water (both ways)
Fire (both ways)

Weak to:
Ice
Steel
Ground (although alot have levitate)
Rock

Strong to:
Ice (both ways i know)
Fighting

Nuclear Type

Immunity: Fire, Water, Grass.

Weaknesses: Psychic

Strengths: Steel, Ground, Rock, Dark, Ghost, and Bug

Resistances: Steel, Ground, Rock, Dark, Ghost, and Bug

Resisted by: Psychic, Grass, Water, Fire

Abilties: Levitate, Air Lock, and weather Spin (random weather effect during battle)

Item(s): Plutonium, raises attack by 3 levels

Chemical Reactor: raises sp.atk and sp.def by 3levels

Bio-Hazard: Raises all stats (event item)

I think this is pretty good.

Virus Type.

It could be a surplus of Computer Generated Pokemon- which were simulated from a virus that accured on a mad scientists computer.

Immuune:
Electric
Water

Weak to:
Fire
Ice

Strong to:
Psychic
Dark

I've always been a fan of the Sonic type (sound and speed lumped together) - Pokemon like the Whismur line would be included, and maybe Jigglypuff's line as well, which I guess means that Chatot and Melodia would gain Sonic typing too. Unless I'm forgetting something, there aren't really any speed-centric Pokemon, but in our hypothetical new game there'd be a slew of them.

Offensively, I'd like to see Sonic super-effective against Flying, Dragon, and Dark (why not?), and x0.5 effective against Fighting, Rock, Steel, and Psychic.

Defensively, Sonic would be resistant to Flying, Psychic, Electric, and Dragon; weak against Ice, Steel, and Rock.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom