• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could nominate another companion to return in Sun and Moon..

Which friend of Ash's should return to Sun and Moon?

• May

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Iris

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Serena

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Tracey

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Max

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Cilan

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Clemont

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Bonnie

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
I’d be tempted to say Serena for personal reasons, but I think Cilan would fit like a glove in this series. He was a really funny character in BW, so I think his type of comedy could fit really well in this series.

I mean, who wouldn’t want to see Detective Conan Cilan and Rotom investigating on a case? Or Cilan pulling his Fishing Connoisseur’s talents with Lana? Or him weirding Kiawe out with his Tasting Times?

Cilan. Because I love Cilan and he would be perfect for SM. He can do detective work with Rotom, go fishing with Lana, discuss ingredients with Mallow, help Lillie bond with Pokémon and geek out with Sophocles over technology. And I feel like his facial expressions and personality would fit well with Kiawe.

Clemont and Bonnie aren't in the poll by the way. It'd be fun to see Clemont interact with Sophocles because they share many similarities.

I'd like to see May again mainly because I was disappointed she didn't return when OR/AS was relevant and I still wish we knew how the Johto Grand Festival turned out for her. I don't know if she'd fit in that well with the cast, but the idea of Cilan showing up does open up some fun comedy bits at least.

Iris! She hasn't had any follow up stuff since her special and I personally feel like the SM art style would suit her character design.

Iris! She hasn't had any follow up stuff since her special and I personally feel like the SM art style would suit her character design.
Actually, Iris would probably fit in really well with the SM cast. It's a comedic and fun series, so a snarky kid could add some a lot to the cast. Bonus points if she notices the comedic atmosphere and thinks it's childish.

Iris can go die, I don't want her to appear ever again even if it's in SM.

I would want Serena, obviously, but since that's obvious, I'll say probably May, because she's the next female companion after Misty that Ash had. Dawn maybe but highly doubtful

Serena obviously, she actually has a story that can be developed on unlike others (especially Misty who is only good for fan service).

Serena, to see her freak out at Ash having a harem :p
Not to mention how Ash gets shirtless quite a bit this saga ;)

Though yeah, Clian or Iris would be good for this saga. Especially since it has better writing than their last one. Just as long as Iris doesn't appear as Unova Champion with a Mega-Garchomp.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom