• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could nominate another companion to return in Sun and Moon..

Which friend of Ash's should return to Sun and Moon?

• May

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Iris

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Serena

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Tracey

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Max

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Cilan

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Clemont

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Bonnie

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
However, she will have Keystone and Mega Stone for either of her Blaziken or Venusaur to go Mega to deal with Misty's Gyarados. But, I knew she will used Venusaur to battle it.

But I wondering if her Wartortle had evolve into Blastoise or not. If so, man it will be very scary, with her 3 Mega (Blaziken, Venusaur and Blastoise). Don't want to imagine that might happen, but it only for resolve the crisis from Villain ambition.

Actually only one Mega Evolution is allowed per battle and to my knowledge each trainer only uses a single mega evolved Pokémon in the anime, so no, May will not turn up with three Megas at once.

Actually only one Mega Evolution is allowed per battle and to my knowledge each trainer only uses a single mega evolved Pokémon in the anime, so no, May will not turn up with three Megas at once.
@PkmnTrainerV
Yeah, I know keystone can only activate one Mega Stone at a time for their pokémon to Mega Evolve, before the battle end and revert back to their normal self. She's have to be very careful to pick each one going to do.

May didn't appear for ORAS promotion because her VA is sick and Japan really cares about VAs. I doubt she will ever appear.
They didn't exactly care about giving Steven Stone the same VA, and they gave Bonnie a sub for a while (not that they had much choice). Not that I'm disagreeing with you, obviously May's voice would be a lot more recognizable than Steven, but it would be a real shame if that were the only reason she doesn't ever get to come back. From what I understand the theory is they ignore Tracey because of VA reasons too, right? That's also quite annoying, he could so easily appear semi-frequently without changing the show hardly at all.

I'm worried that we've gotten to a point where we aren't going to see any "interior" generation reappearances anymore (so we can only see Gen 1 over and over again around "nostalgic" times and then maybe have a chance to see the previous gen, although I'm beginning to even doubt that). Its a real shame, even though I like Misty, she is definitely my least preferred female companion pre SM, and to think there is likely little chance to ever see the others again is just a real shame.

It would be really neat to see how much Ash's other friends have accomplished, but maybe that's part of why they can't bring them back, because the ones that aren't as static (Misty and Brock are more static because they stay in one place focusing on one thing - although they still had some improvements to show off in SM) would have too much improvement and make a semi-reset Ash look bad, especially the ones who looked up to him, and especially if they came back early in a series.

I, of course, would give anything to have May back, I don't think she needs a mega or anything like that. Next I would love to have Dawn back, but I would admittedly be somewhat jealous if Dawn came back for a DP promotion and May never got to for ORAS (I'd get over it though...). I also just can't believe Serena has gotten nothing at all after her series, its really just quite a shame, I would definitely settle for a special, but its crazy she got less than anyone else ever - even Alexa got a special if you count her as a companion (maybe they are trying to lower expectations of every companion getting a revisit because it would be hard to work all 5 SM companions into a special or a return). I would die to see Bonnie as a trainer (I'd take Max too I guess), but since time can't pass, that will never happen. I would also really enjoy any other companion, old rival, or just old random unimportant character just because.

I, of course, would give anything to have May back, I don't think she needs a mega or anything like that. Next I would love to have Dawn back, but I would admittedly be somewhat jealous if Dawn came back for a DP promotion and May never got to for ORAS (I'd get over it though...). I also just can't believe Serena has gotten nothing at all after her series, its really just quite a shame, I would definitely settle for a special, but its crazy she got less than anyone else ever
I've always felt after the ending of XY that they could easily bring those 3 back for a special / mini arc since they're all doing contests right now and you can have all 3 competing at the same time and whathaveyou.

I've always felt after the ending of XY that they could easily bring those 3 back for a special / mini arc since they're all doing contests right now and you can have all 3 competing at the same time and whathaveyou.

That would be fantastic. I'd love to see Contests again and seeing May and Dawn on top of that would just be terrific. Having another Wallace Cup could bring them all together regardless of where May and Dawn could be traveling right now. Trying to fit three older characters in one special might be tricky and I don't know if they'd devote a mini arc for older characters. Plus, I'm not sure if I'd want all of them competing with each other since they'd probably have Serena win. I like Serena, but I would not want her to defeat either May or Dawn in a Contest, especially when she's using Contests just to polish her skills as a Performer. At least when Dawn defeated May, there was a story reason behind it, so it felt more believable and earned than I think Serena defeating either of them would.

Yes me too, but I don't think it would make much sense right now, that's why I hope it could possibly happen as a promotion for the potential DP remakes.

Plus, I'm not sure if I'd want all of them competing with each other since they'd probably have Serena win.

I think they could just have no one win (that's what I did in my dream episode I wrote on this very topic I linked above - you don't have to read it, its way too long). Since at best we're only going to get a 1 episode special (if anything at all) they don't really have time for a full scale competition like the Wallace cup, so I think they could easily just show the appeals round, have them all advance, and not have to declare a winner (end on a cliffhanger). The only chance we get enough episodes to really show all three of them in a contest beginning to end would be if a main character in whatever the current series is at the time is also a coordinator, which I really doubt we will see again. I'd rather save some time for interactions alongside actual contest anyway, since I would like to have an opportunity to see them all talking/interacting, instead of the entire episode being contest, because I want to see contests really bad, but even more so I just miss all those girls and want to see them interacting as well.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom