• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could nominate another companion to return in Sun and Moon..

Which friend of Ash's should return to Sun and Moon?

• May

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Dawn

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Iris

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Serena

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Tracey

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Max

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Cilan

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Clemont

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Bonnie

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
Can I just say, I love how not one soul picked Max. I love you all for that lmao.
Meanwhile, Max.
M1018.jpg

I would have to go with the majority here and say Serena. Like I've said many times on this forum before, judging by how out-of-the-blue the Kanto arc was and how Kukui "secretly arranged" for Misty and Brock to meet the class because he knew they used to be friends of Ash's, I think they could definitely find some way to do the same with Serena.

More importantly, I feel like she would have great chemistry with some of Ash's classmates as well, especially Lillie. Lillie is probably going to be changing into her "Z-Powered Form" pretty soon so the fact that Serena also had a wardrobe change mid-series would be pretty ironic.

If it were me writing the episodes, I would definitely have Serena & Lillie have a heart-to-heart talk about developing self-confidence & finding your way as a Trainer...and maybe they could even have a battle with each other. I could definitely see Snowy (possibly as an Alolan Ninetales by then?) really getting along well with Serena's Sylveon because of how both of them started out shy yet have grown into powerful battlers due to bonding with their Trainers.

Dawn would be my second choice, because Diamond & Pearl was one of my favorite arcs, I'm still pretty bummed out that we'll have to wait awhile longer for remakes, and, unlike Serena, Professor Kukui would have a reason to call her in to the school as a guest speaker - to teach Ash's classmates about Pokémon Contests! I could see some great bits of humor between Piplup and Popplio as well.

I know Iris has yet to make a reappearance beyond that one special episode, but I'd be fine with her not appearing again - at many times in the Best Wishes series it felt like she just didn't like Ash, and that wasn't very fun to watch.

Last edited:
Can I just say, I love how not one soul picked Max. I love you all for that lmao.
And, now he has two votes. :) If the group comes to Hoenn, Max can return and befriend the group (I sadly don't think May can come back because of VA issues).

Edit: Max also has VA issues. He's going to need a new English VA (his first is too busy and his second is retired). Unlike Japan, Americans aren't obsessed with their VAs and the casting department for the dub can easily find a new VA for Max if the writers ever decide to bring him back.

Last edited:
Actually, Iris would probably fit in really well with the SM cast. It's a comedic and fun series, so a snarky kid could add some a lot to the cast. Bonus points if she notices the comedic atmosphere and thinks it's childish.

If you say so. I wondering Acerola will be the voice of her. Since Kukui had announced wanted to establishing An League in Alolan. In which he needed the Elite Four as Acerola is one of them. I believe she is going to make an appearance after Aether Arc is done since most of SM series voice actor and actress are mainly from BW series.

So I'm not surprised, that Iris voice actress return to voice one of the character. But we will if she will make an appearance. If is, then she will be one hell of the funniest character, especially pulling scary prank because most of the time as Orphanage. She is always companion with Ghost Type Pokémon a lot.

I'm split between Serena and Tracey. Serena because I really like her and Ash together. Tracey because we haven't seen him in so long, and because of the (admittedly slim) chance that Ted Lewis could return to voice him in the dub, considering he is voicing Giovanni again.

I think it has to be Dawn because she fit the anime really well and she had one of the best friendships with Ash and the developers did really well with that unlike Ash's relationship with Iris and Cilan. I really want the anime to go back to Pokemon Contests because I really enjoyed them and I also want to see how Dawn is actually doing. And May for that matter. I'm quite surprised that Serena is the highest but then again there was that moment between Ash and her on the escalator so there must be shippers out there that voted!

Iris and Serena for me. Both should get a chance to return in the current series since they are the only ones so far not to make an appearance after being written off from their past series. Also both characters are fun and would have interesting interactions with the current group.

Since no one is aging in this show (other than Ash's Lapras), what would Max and Bonnie do? They are both annoying and neither is a Trainer.

Since no one is aging in this show (other than Ash's Lapras), what would Max and Bonnie do? They are both annoying and neither is a Trainer.

You may be right but this is the anime we are talking about. Ash, Misty, and Brock may not age but Bonnie and Max might and if they do it will be very interesting to watch an anime series with them being the main protagonists. I would watch it and be excited for it!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom