• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could only choose ONE Pokémon game to play from now on, which one would you choose? And why?

I’ve never encountered a shiny in the wild and I’ve played thousands of hours. The time played on my GBC Gold is broken does not go higher...

My first Shiny was Red Gyarados and I think my second was shiny Gible. As is my headcanon starter for “me” if I was in Pokémon it was the reason I played Black and White 2 so much.
The only random shiny I ever had, is a Shiny Sableye, that hatched from an egg, while I was breeding for a competitive Sableye.

That's not counting the GSC/HGSS Red Gyarados, since it isn't random.

The only random shiny I ever had, is a Shiny Sableye, that hatched from an egg, while I was breeding for a competitive Sableye.

That's not counting the GSC/HGSS Red Gyarados, since it isn't random.

I’ve gotten more shinys in the past two days from WonderTrade than I have gotten in 20+ years. Japanese traders are very generous.

I’ve gotten more shinys in the past two days from WonderTrade than I have gotten in 20+ years. Japanese traders are very generous.
Oh yes, of course I didn't count trades. I have a Shiny Lati, Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Kyurem, Zekrom, Heatran, Charizard, Metagross, Greninja, etc, all of them via trades :p

Honestly, if it really had to be just one, it would probably be Explorers of Sky. I know the Mystery Dungeon gameplay isn't for everybody, but personally I love it and I find it much more entertaining than the main games once you've finished the main story, plus there's just so much to do, so many things to explore, so many cute details, and the story, of course. Hands down my favourite Pokémon game!

When it comes to the main series, I would have to choose between Emerald, Platinum, and HeartGold/SoulSilver. I think objectively, it would definitely have to be the latter, but as much as I love the Johto games, I just enjoy playing the others a tiny bit more, and overall I like the Pokémon and regions from gen. 3 and 4 more than the ones from gen. 1/2. And between Emerald and Platinum... I think I would pick Platinum, even though Emerald was my first Pokémon game and the one I've replayed the most (actually, maybe that's why I'd rather choose Platinum at this point?), Platinum just offers such a gorgeous region, a fantastic story, challenging battles, probably the best music in the entire (main) series. So yeah, I guess my answer would be Platinum (unless we take spin-offs into account, then it'd be Explorers of Sky), with Emerald and HeartGold/SoulSilver getting honourary mentions. :)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom