• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

If you could open a gym,how it would be?

Reaction score
I just finded a post like that at pokecharms.If you were a gym leader,in what type would you especialyze?what tm would you give to who defeats you?and what badge?what kind of puzzle there is in your gym?

I would have a gym for Dark,Ghost and Psychic pokemon.The gym would be full of tiles that make you go from the direction you walk until you stop in something,and there would be also warp tiles.My team would be:
Craundaunt level 77
Gallade level 80
Gardevoir level 80
Sableye level 82
Mismagius level 82
Umbreon level 85
To players that win me,players could chose between TM30 shadow ball,TM 29 psychic and TM79 dark pulse.They would also receive the Mystyc Badge.

Ah, good question.

I'm not certain of type. Maybe I'll pull a Blue and not have a set type.

As for puzzle, one that involves battling every trainer. I think something along the lines of a maze, in a gym that was designed to look like a bunch of alley ways, with two story buildings and staircases and walkways. And maybe a small canal down the middle. Eh.

Four trainers.

Levels around 50.

TM I'd give out... Dark Pulse. Come on, I'm in a dark alleyway. Or maybe Embargo to go with the kind of batman feel.

Last edited:
Hmm........If I were a gym leader I would like to train Pyschic types like Lucian*shot*
Before challengers get to battle me they will have to pass the House of Mirrors Obtascle Course.

House of Mirrors: Each room will consist of different mirrors consisting of different reflections. The challenger has to walk through the right mirror to enter the next arrange of reflections. If the challenger fails to go through the right one they will have to battle a trainer. There are 10 rooms in the gym with the 10th one being the gym leader(me).

Here will be my pokemon"
Mr.Mime
Gardevoir
Alakazam
Gallade
Starmie
Exeggutor

If the challenger beats me I will give him the Reflection Badge(which is so shiny you could see yourself) and the Reflect TM.

My gym would be a starter pokemon gym. From the 4 regions of Kanto, Hoenn, Johto and Sinnoh, the best starters have been picked for my team of 4. Also there would be two trainers in gym with 2 starter pokemon.

First Trainer (level 50)

Blaizken - Blaize Kick, Brave Bird, Close Combat, Flamethrower
Meganium - Solar beam, Sunny Day, stun spore, synthisis holding heat rock (sent out first)

Second Trainer (level 52)
Charizard - Toxic, Heatwave, Earthquake, Focus Blast
Sceptile - Substitute, Endeavor, Quick Attack, Leaf Storm

My Pokemon as Gym leader (4)

Emploeon (level 52) @Leftovers - Blizzard, Substatute, Surf, Grass Knot
Venusaur (level 53) - Sleep Powder, Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake
Infernape (level 53) - Close Combat, U-turn, Stone Edge, Flare Blitz
Feragalitor (lv 52) @Salac Berry - Swords Dance, Substitute, Waterfall, flail

Badge would be the Masstart badge (Master starter badge, meansu you know starter types)

To get through the gym, you have to answer 6 questions like trick house last challenge, but the 6 questions are random each time and there is 10 different questions that could be asked from each person making this one hard. Beat 3 people and you face the first trainer, be last 3 you face final trainer. The you have to press one leaver (has to be right one) and a gate opens to face the leader me. I say:

"Your smarter in more ways than you look. YOu may have have a good high IQ and somehwat knoelwdge on how to battle pokemon, but can you face 4 fully trained, fully evolved, strong competitive starter pokemon and win?"

Last edited:
Hmm, as for what I'd say...

"Welcome to the Seatac City Gym. I've watched from the shadows. You are very good. But... I wonder. Are you good enough to defeat the protectors of this city? Can you conquer the unconquerable? I doubt it. Hahaha. I will enjoy this battle."

After losing.

"Well, well, well. I see that you are indeed a titan among trainers. Impressive display. I suppose then that you deserve the Vigilante Badge. You have earned it. And take this TM, Embargo. Quite a handy move. Now, if you will excuse me... I have business to attend too."

Gym Leader Jonathan has vanished.

Last edited:
Stuff I want to add:

*I will be from Shou(Star) City, a place where the citizens worship the stars, Deoxys and mirrors.

*My levels will be in between Levels 49-54

*My strategy will consist of first using Mr.Mime to pull of Reflect and Calm Mind, then baton pass it to another one of my pokemon so they'll be able to take hits and still hit hard.

My gym wouldn't have a puzzle... because I hate puzzles. We would use three types: Fire, Fighting, and Dragon.

I would have three trainees, each of whom would use one of these types. I myself would have a combo team, which would have:

Infernape
Dragonite
Garchomp
Gallade
Charizard

the badge I would give would be the inferno badge. I would hand out the TMs for flamethrower and dragon pulse to winners

I'd specialize in Water types.
A puzzle involving riptides, like, you have to manuver on Surf through a RocketHQ-slide tile way.

"What? How did you make it past the riptides?? I was expecting you to fall under along the lines of your [insert how many times you've attempted] attempt... Yes, you've been on my candid cameras. Well... No use in questioning it now... I am Storm, the Gym Leader of Tidal City. My supreme force of water matches in great superiority to that of your puny strategy. I ask you to give me your all. *camera flashes* Well? Smile for Hoenn Television Network!" *VS faces appear*

I might sprite it all out soon.

After-battle-speech: "... ... I might be confident, but I'm quite the honest guy. Haha! I've been beat. Here. Take the Hurricane Badge. And there's something else... Take this TM. It contains Brine. Use it to the utmost power of bruising your opponents with water to their defeat!"

Casual speech: "I think you beating me has taught us both something. For me- I'd better be ready for a heck of a ton teasing loss letters from my brother Ty. As for you- Confidence just might be the key from here on in."

Trainers- Psychics, Swimmers and Ace Trainers- Mainly Steel and Water types

Dragons !

Pokemon-
Altaria- aerial ace, dragon breath, dragon dance, sky attack.
Kingdra- surf, dragon dance, ice beam, dragon pulse.
Flygon- earthquake, dragon claw, air cutter, screech.

Main pokemon-
Salamence- Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Giga Impact.

TM given- TM 02 Dragon Claw.

Badge- Wyvern badge.

No puzzles. 4 trainers. (2 double battles or 4 single battles) They will have Vibrava, Altaria, Bagon, Shellgon, Gible, Gabite, Dratini and Dragonair.

"A fool would come here to train. An even bigger fool would challenge me. A wise person would avoid this place completely. I am Mike, the Dragon master. You have challenged me and now you will suffer at the hands of my precious dragons."

"This is unbelievable. My mighty dragons have fallen. Yet i feel proud to have witnessed the rise of a new master. Here is the Wyvern Badge. Take this TM too. It contains 'Dragon Claw', powerful move which will render your opponents' pokemon too weak to battle any further. Remember our battle every time you use it."

"We will meet again and when we do I will be much stronger. Farewell for now."

Just one more post................

Here's what I would say:

"Hi. How'd you like my mirrors? We're you're reflecctions pretty? I'm surprised you actually came this far. I'm Lele the leader of Shou City. Prepare for me to show you the light ang show you a not so good reflection!"

During battle:
"You may be dimming the light but I'm still bright"

After Battle: ".................You beat me. Oh well. You are my ultimate mirror master now. Here, take the shiniest badge ever the Reflection Badge. Wait it gets better also take this.[Player recieved the Reflect TM].

Normal:
"One day I hope to shine like the rest of the gym leaders and even the champion. I can already see your reflection of sucess"

I'd specialize in Diversity of Types

The Gym would have 1 large room with 4 seperate battlefields, A rocky field, a grassy field, a water field with floating islands and a icy field, each with a trainer who is adept with using pokemon on each terrain

Rocky Field Trainer

Tyranitar
Sandslash
Bastiodon

Grassy Field Trainer

Tangrowth
Yanmega
Tropius

Water Field Trainer

Floatzel
Lanturn
Kingdra

Icy Field Trainer

Weavile
Primeape
Typhlosion

Gym Leader: Stephen.

Togekiss
Lucario
Milotic
Absol
Flygon
Shedinja

Before battle: "Impressive, you have shown skillful adaptability. I am the leader of the Mobius Gym and as leader i accept your challenge."

After battle speech: "You ... beat me? You are indeed an impressive trainer. Your skill over whelmed my Pokemon. Here is the Mobius Badge, you have earned it.

I want you to take this TM too. Inside is TM 10, Hidden Power, a move who's type and power is wholly dependant on the pokemon using it."

Casual speech: "Go, i need to focus on my training. Then we will battle again."

I'd have a Dark-type gym. My team spans all four generations.

picture.php

Yes, I know Electrode isn't a Dark-type, but I wanted an Electric-type and there are no Gen I Darks.

I would specialize in Ice-types yet have some Pokemon that can learn some good Ice-type moves too. You know, sort of like Candice's D/P team isn't strictly Ice-type.

I'll explain the puzzle later. I can't be bothered to type it out right now.

Pokemon:

Glaceon
Rhyperior (for usage against Fire-types)
Castform
Jynx

With Jynx being my main Pokemon.

Here's what I would say:

*Before - "You seem to be in tip-top shape, even after making it through that long and drawn out maze of mine! I'm interested in the way your mind works. Trainers that come to the Arcticalo City Gym always seem to get frustrated and end up leaving. But you, your heart must burn really bright to make it this far! Show me this energy in battle!"

*After - "Well, I guess my strategy just wasn't good enough to overcome you, eh? I'm not used to losing in such a way. I have to admit, you've inspired me, trainer. As thanks for the battle, take this. It's the Crystalline Badge. Take this TM, as well. You deserve it! It holds Ice Punch. It can really come in handy if you need some ice cold strength.

*Casual - "There is another gym leader in a chilly northern region who also trains Ice-types. I was inspired by her to specialize in Ice-types. We've known each other since childhood, as she is a relative of mine."

I think I might finally give Dark Pokemon their very own gym. It's about friggin' time.

my gym? of the normal variety of course! my gym would consist of a three story building with three trainers on each floor and me on the roof.after beating each set of thee you would get a key to run the escalators (no you cant just walk up them). my team would be

porygon LV 30- Sharpen,conversion,conversion2, Double edge. Trace ability
Ditto LV 32- Transform, limber (i think that's its ability)
Smeargle LV 36- Transform, Sharpen, fire punch, metronome ability own tempo
Snorlax LV 38- Belly drum, rest, Sleep talk, Giga impact ability immunity
Castform LV 39 Rain Dance, Hail, Weather Ball, Ice beam
Porygon Z LV 40 Hyper beam, conversion, Discharge, signal beam ability adaptability

My gym would probably be more like a battle-focused school than a typical gym. If the one-type rule applies, It'd probably be a Fighting or possibly Psychic gym.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom